Ashley Williams

Old Man Andrews

Re: Ashley Williams

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jun 2018 09:48

genome But I'm not. Discussion is fine. Whinging is annoying.

It's not that hard a concept to grasp, fellas.

I understand what you're saying to a degree but if someone massively disagrees with a signing or potential signing then it will only ever come across as a whinge even if that isn't their intent. If someone is explaining the reasons why they are against it then I am not sure you can have an issue with that. If it was a case of "HE'S SHITTTT LOLZ" then your point would be fair but I think those against have given reasons as to why.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jun 2018 10:54

you're annoying

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jun 2018 21:55

Old Man Andrews

I understand what you're saying to a degree but if someone massively disagrees with a signing or potential signing then it will only ever come across as a whinge even if that isn't their intent. If someone is explaining the reasons why they are against it then I am not sure you can have an issue with that. If it was a case of "HE'S SHITTTT LOLZ" then your point would be fair but I think those against have given reasons as to why.

Yeah, expressing a genuine rationale for disliking a signing should never be frowned upon. Exclaiming "Where's the money gone" "Why aren't we signing X for £y million instead", writing someone off simply because they come from a lower league, or complaining our transfer window is a disaster in May or June, or that we haven't signed a 20 goal striker in June is fair game.

Complaining about the signing of a 37 year old is also always fair game. Complaining about signing someone off the back of a double relegation is perfectly fine. Complaining about signing someone in a position we already have adequate options when there are others we don't is also fine. Although assuming we're making no effort to sign someone in those other areas simply because we sign x in y area is not.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2018 22:05

Reading that had given me a headache

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jun 2018 08:47

The last sentence was my whole argument anyway :lol:

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 28 Jun 2018 13:32

Snowflake Royal Complaining about signing someone off the back of a double relegation is perfectly fine.

So if Hull had got relegated this past season, there would/should have been howls of discontent when we signed Meyler?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jun 2018 13:41

Denver Royal
Snowflake Royal Complaining about signing someone off the back of a double relegation is perfectly fine.

So if Hull had got relegated this past season, there would/should have been howls of discontent when we signed Meyler?

It would certainly be a valid concern. But seeing as it's only one of many of the factors about O'Shea I wouldn't expect it to bethe same reaction.