CONFIMRED - George Evans to Derby

153 posts
User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5851
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: George Evans

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jul 2018 15:04

Maybe so but for me it’s a far greater urgency to get rid of players we know for a fact aren’t and won’t come good, I.e Edwards and VDB.

oxf*rd pay out the contracts and get them the oxf*rd out, I throw up a bit in my mouth every time I see their names the useless spunkstains.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1044
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 18:56

Re: George Evans

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Jul 2018 15:29

I'd have kept him ahead of Edwards, Joey & maybe Bacuna too, although I accept we're trying by the look of it to move Joey on.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Member
Posts: 894
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: George Evans

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 16 Jul 2018 15:37

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:I'd have kept him ahead of Edwards, Joey & maybe Bacuna too, although I accept we're trying by the look of it to move Joey on.


Agreed. Think he'll be a really good player given proper training and motivation. Not sure PC is the man for the latter. As for the former, I guess this season will tell us.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2522
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio

Re: George Evans

by John Smith » 16 Jul 2018 15:46

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:I'd have kept him ahead of Edwards, Joey & maybe Bacuna too, although I accept we're trying by the look of it to move Joey on.

What are you talking about? He's our best player

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6295
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: George Evans

by Hound » 16 Jul 2018 15:53

CountryRoyal wrote:Maybe so but for me it’s a far greater urgency to get rid of players we know for a fact aren’t and won’t come good, I.e Edwards and VDB.

oxf*rd pay out the contracts and get them the oxf*rd out, I throw up a bit in my mouth every time I see their names the useless spunkstains.


Its pretty obvious PC has completely cut Joey out - as soon as someone will pay him he'll be out the door. No point bringing him into the Evans conversation really

Again, with Edwards someone needs to want him. I imagine if someone offered for him, then he'd also be off pretty quickly. I expect that goes for a number of the other players as well, such as Aluko, Blackett (though looks like PC is coming round to him) and possibly the likes of Gunter, Bod and Bacuna as well.


windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1489
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: George Evans

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jul 2018 15:53

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:I'd have kept him ahead of Edwards, Joey & maybe Bacuna too, .


There`s always one :o

User avatar
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 2340
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 11:35
Location: Feeding the leccy meter at the County Ground

Re: George Evans

by Lower West » 16 Jul 2018 18:34

Perhaps PC sees better potential and versatility in Andy Rinomhota.

Too many central midfielders still. Need players that can play wide left and right that aren't outright wingers.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3433
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: George Evans

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2018 18:38

Probably for the best.

Evans really needed an extended run in the team and he hasn't really got it during his time here. Every time he seems like he's going to get the break he somehow finds himself third or fourth choice again. It's clear that for whatever reason we don't think we can afford him the time in the first team to blossom into his potential. If he can't break into the first XI in three years, it's just not going to happen is it.

Yeah, he's got more promise for the future than Berg and Edwards (although I think people have written off Edwards too soon and are overly hard on Berg) but you trim the squad where you can, and none of them are really up to the standard we're looking for.

It'd be nice to see some of the academy lads get some bench time and chances with a clear out of midfield, plus maybe another quality player coming in, assuming we can shift Berg and Edwards too. Rinomhota, Holsgrove, East, Barrett, Frost... I'm not saying any of them are ready... but it would be great to see some of them getting time around the XI and maybe making some cup appearances.

Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1282
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: George Evans

by Zip » 16 Jul 2018 20:26

The fee is now nearly £1 million apparently. News sources all over the place on the transfer fee.


Felt91
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: 21 May 2017 10:51

Re: George Evans

by Felt91 » 16 Jul 2018 21:10

he put a picture up earlier with the squad still in Austria.

User avatar
royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1310
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 11:04

Re: George Evans

by royalp-we » 16 Jul 2018 21:32

Seriously people THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN HIM TO BLOODY AUSTRIA IF TALKS ARE TAKING PLACE.

All the people claiming a fee is agreed. Its nonsense :lol: Sunderland may have approached us; but for the figures being quoted we could loan him out for that amount :lol:

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3433
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: George Evans

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2018 21:32

Zip wrote:The fee is now nearly £1 million apparently. News sources all over the place on the transfer fee.


In about a day, George Evans has flown to Austria with the Reading first team squad, and been on the verge of joining Sunderland for £450k, £250k and now £1m. busy boy, or just a lot of knob jockey guesswork?

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6295
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: George Evans

by Hound » 17 Jul 2018 07:09

royalp-we wrote:Seriously people THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN HIM TO BLOODY AUSTRIA IF TALKS ARE TAKING PLACE.

All the people claiming a fee is agreed. Its nonsense :lol: Sunderland may have approached us; but for the figures being quoted we could loan him out for that amount :lol:


They would still take him if a few hasn’t been agreed. What if no fee was ever agreed and stayed with us?


User avatar
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 10938
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 12:42
Location: Propping up the bar in the Nags

Re: George Evans

by Stranded » 17 Jul 2018 07:52

Snowflake Royal wrote:
Zip wrote:The fee is now nearly £1 million apparently. News sources all over the place on the transfer fee.


In about a day, George Evans has flown to Austria with the Reading first team squad, and been on the verge of joining Sunderland for £450k, £250k and now £1m. busy boy, or just a lot of knob jockey guesswork?


Well the story seems to be, Sunderland want him we are open to selling him. We have a figure we want to get, I guess the 900k figure floating around but Sunderland haven't quite met that valuation. So can only assume this is all either bollocks or negotiations are ongoing and Evans will train with the squad as per usual until he gets permission to go speak to them.

User avatar
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Posts: 12551
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 21:46
Location: Doesn't really matter how, just so long as it's now. 

Re: George Evans

by Platypuss » 17 Jul 2018 07:54

Stranded wrote:
Zip wrote:
Wycombe Royal wrote:Odd that he flew out to Austria earlier today if a deal to sell him had been agreed.


Sunderland messageboard suggests they are paying £450, 000 for him which is good business from our point of view.


Of which, we will only see 270k given the 40% sell on Man City have on him. Better than nothing as clears out a body who is unlikely to play, clears his wages, which are probably pretty decent and gives us a little bit of cash to reinvest in wages or a small fee.


Aren't sell-ons normally negotiated on net fee rather than gross?

User avatar
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 10938
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 12:42
Location: Propping up the bar in the Nags

Re: George Evans

by Stranded » 17 Jul 2018 07:59

Platypuss wrote:
Stranded wrote:
Zip wrote:
Sunderland messageboard suggests they are paying £450, 000 for him which is good business from our point of view.


Of which, we will only see 270k given the 40% sell on Man City have on him. Better than nothing as clears out a body who is unlikely to play, clears his wages, which are probably pretty decent and gives us a little bit of cash to reinvest in wages or a small fee.


Aren't sell-ons normally negotiated on net fee rather than gross?


They are but we paid nothing for him. The 40% was negotiated in lieu of a fee, so the total purchase price would be used in this case.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6987
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: RUMOUR - George Evans to Sunderland

by Sutekh » 17 Jul 2018 09:26

The Chronic reckons Evans to Sunderland could be tied up as early as today. They think he's flying back to Sunderland for a medical this morning

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... rland-afc/

Also news that Reading are hoping to seal a deal for another striker shortly and then I reckon that will be it for new signings (unless Moore leaves).

User avatar
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 10217
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: With grace we will suffer, with grace we shall recover

Re: George Evans

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jul 2018 09:32

Stranded wrote:
Platypuss wrote:
Stranded wrote:
Of which, we will only see 270k given the 40% sell on Man City have on him. Better than nothing as clears out a body who is unlikely to play, clears his wages, which are probably pretty decent and gives us a little bit of cash to reinvest in wages or a small fee.


Aren't sell-ons normally negotiated on net fee rather than gross?


They are but we paid nothing for him. The 40% was negotiated in lieu of a fee, so the total purchase price would be used in this case.


He was quite well thought of at City so they obviously gambled on him being a success here and us flogging him for £5m+.

I like him as a player but his departure won't leave a massive space in the squad that urgently needs filling. It's exactly the sort of departure that should open up opportunities for an academy graduate.

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5851
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: RUMOUR - George Evans to Sunderland

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jul 2018 10:20

Sutekh wrote:The Chronic reckons Evans to Sunderland could be tied up as early as today. They think he's flying back to Sunderland for a medical this morning

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... rland-afc/

Also news that Reading are hoping to seal a deal for another striker shortly and then I reckon that will be it for new signings (unless Moore leaves).


If we don’t harbour ambitions of promotion this season then we should have cashed in on Moore imho.

Even with a new striker I think our squad is painfully lacking. Another season of disappointment awaits.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1489
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: RUMOUR - George Evans to Sunderland

by windermereROYAL » 17 Jul 2018 18:20

Interesting to see him on the bench against Besiktas ,

153 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Tails and 52 guests

It is currently 20 Aug 2018 07:47