John Terry?

McDermolenko

John Terry?

by McDermolenko » 01 Aug 2018 14:11

22/1 to join Reading with SkyBet at the minute, wouldn’t be surprised for Clement / Gourlay to fall back on him if Moore does depart?

Would he be a good addition?

Old Man Andrews

Re: John Terry?

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Aug 2018 14:12

McDermolenko 22/1 to join Reading with SkyBet at the minute, wouldn’t be surprised for Clement / Gourlay to fall back on him if Moore does depart?

22/1!!! WOW ODDS ON!

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 01 Aug 2018 14:13

Old Man Andrews
McDermolenko 22/1 to join Reading with SkyBet at the minute, wouldn’t be surprised for Clement / Gourlay to fall back on him if Moore does depart?

22/1!!! WOW ODDS ON!

Was more so suggesting it’s good odds for what it is but whatever, lol

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Aug 2018 14:18

please dear god no

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 01 Aug 2018 14:27

WoodleyRoyal please dear god no

+1 Just NO!!

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 01 Aug 2018 14:31

To add a bit more *weight* to this, Clement tried signing him when at Swansea last year but Terry turned them down in order to avoid playing Chelsea. Known each other for 20+ years and obviously played for Chelsea when RG was there, too.

Not suggesting that it will happen but surely has to be something they're considering at this point with LM seemingly on the way out...

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Aug 2018 14:32

i refer you to my previous comment

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 01 Aug 2018 14:34

WoodleyRoyal i refer you to my previous comment

I refer you to his previous comments and mine...... I would rather eat dog dirt than see that thing in a Reading Shirt.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 01 Aug 2018 14:54

Is everyone against him joining basing it on footballing reasons or just from blind hatred of the player for being such an utter vile human?

On footballing reasons - If we didn't already have O'Shea it would be a little bit more tempting but i think we have enough shading has beens recently. So its a no from me.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2018 15:01

For pure footballing reasons, he has missed a full pre-season, he may be fit but at 37 and at a new club that would be a big no from me.

And let's not even get started on his wages. Villa were screwed financially for a reason and part of that was Terry's wages - he wouldn't come cheap.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 01 Aug 2018 15:06

For any transfer you have to ask 3 questions -

1. Would the player want to come?

Yes. I think Terry would welcome another season at championship level and more wages. Reading would be a good location for him, especially if he still has links in London.

2. Would the club want him?

Yes. If Reading are happy to have John O Shea on their books obviously they would want John Terry

3. Does it make financial sense?

No. His wages would be ridiculous compared to our budget and among other things would give us a serious FFP headache.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Aug 2018 15:16

could he really command much in wages? he's had his last big paycheck at villa. It's not as if clubs are clambering over each other to get his signature. he's another year older, he doesn't need the money

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 01 Aug 2018 15:21

club spoke to his agent at the start of the year and his agent was clear he wouldn't accept anything less than he was on at Villa - which was 80k a week!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2018 15:30

gazzer, loyal royal club spoke to his agent at the start of the year and his agent was clear he wouldn't accept anything less than he was on at Villa - which was 80k a week!

Sounds about right, he doesn't need to play so still needs to be worth his while. If someone in the UK won't pay it, and at this stage I don't think they will. Someone abroad might. Else he can just retire.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Aug 2018 16:15

Coppells Lost Coat Is everyone against him joining basing it on footballing reasons or just from blind hatred of the player for being such an utter vile human?

On footballing reasons - If we didn't already have O'Shea it would be a little bit more tempting but i think we have enough shading has beens recently. So its a no from me.

'Basing it on footballing reasons', would think he's at least twice the player O'Shea is right now...

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Aug 2018 16:38

Denver Royal
Coppells Lost Coat Is everyone against him joining basing it on footballing reasons or just from blind hatred of the player for being such an utter vile human?

'Basing it on footballing reasons', would think he's at least twice the player O'Shea is right now...

Please dont tell me O'Shea is on £40k a week to sit on the bench...what a waste

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 01 Aug 2018 16:46

Denver Royal

Yes Terry is a clearly the better player. Think you're missing my point - we have an old CB in O'Shea we dont need another. And at 80k wages i cant see many willing to pay that.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Aug 2018 17:21

Coppells Lost Coat
Denver Royal

Yes Terry is a clearly the better player. Think you're missing my point - we have an old CB in O'Shea we dont need another. And at 80k wages i cant see many willing to pay that.

Didn't miss your point, and actually agree...given where we are now it's prolly harder to bring Terry in and less viable now. The time to have done it, assuming we wanted to, was maybe before/instead of signing O'Shea.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Aug 2018 18:08

Apart from the hundred other reasons for this being a shit idea, anyone who refuses to play against his old club is a colossal melt.

Denver Royal Yes The time to have done it, assuming we wanted to, was maybe before/instead of signing O'Shea.

The time to have done it would have been the day after Hell freezes over.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2018 18:43