Hammond

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Hammond

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 15 Aug 2018 14:08

maffff In the hotel bar it seemed like Nigel and Nicky were catching up and having a chat. There was nothing formal or businesslike about it, came across like mates catching up.

FWIW: Howe had coffee. Hammond had tea. Read into that what you will.

....both driving home afterwards??......

Hopeful

by Hopeful » 15 Aug 2018 17:02

DOYLERSAROYALER
maffff In the hotel bar it seemed like Nigel and Nicky were catching up and having a chat. There was nothing formal or businesslike about it, came across like mates catching up.

....both driving home afterwards??......

Howe ordered first. They then ran out of coffee ?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 16 Aug 2018 10:23

Hound
Maneki Neko
Hound I think that’s pretty harsh on BT tbh. He has got in some good players Meite, Moore, Barrow, Swift for example, and some solid ones as well

Unfortunately the Aluko atrocity will forever cast a shadow, but we obvs don’t know who really pushed for that one

Did see something along the lines of him taking more responsibility at Roselare, so the OP may be true

the entire transfer policy of last season made no sense. just bought a load of the same kind of midfielders.

Agree in hindsight to an extent. Though would still argue only Aluko was a real horror signing, with Mannone and Edwards being poor ones

But who was pushing for that? All the signings this year seem to be very much PC signings (maybe with the exception of McNulty). Was it Stam who was pushing for the likes of Edwards and Aluko?

I guess it depends on the set up and what kind of role his is supposed to be.
but yeah, if he was given a list of players and went and got them, its not his fault.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 16 Aug 2018 10:25

its clearly some sort of drink based code.
Howe is saying Come and join us. Hammond has replied Ten million

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Aug 2018 11:59

Maneki Neko its clearly some sort of drink based code.
Howe is saying Come and join us. Hammond has replied Ten million

the answer's in the tea leaves.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 18 Aug 2018 18:04

WoodleyRoyal
WAZZOCK I know this is a discussion on Hammond, but given there is talk about BT I thought I would weigh in on that topic.

In BT’s first full season as DoF (or equivalent) he was managed by the very experienced Howe, who allowed him to get on with his job. During this season we unearthed some gems and ended up finishing 3rd.

Move forward to 2017 when Gourlay came in with a view to micro managing everything within the football club, and we’ve ended up with some dreadful signings that by and large we have paid over the odds for (either in transfer fees, wages or both).

It’s frustrating to see the negativity around BT, because he is a great bloke who is extremely capable of doing a superb job for this club. Unfortunately he has had his hands tied by the completely clueless Gourlay, who is unfortunately regressing our club with every day that goes by.

Hi Wazzock ive seen you berate RG many a time on here, you obviously have someone's ear at the club to know this stuff, so what is it he is doing/not doing for you/ your contact to have such a bad opinion of him. You've never really gone into detail..

Yes, sorry about that, I most certainly have a bee in my bonnet about that awful man. Like we all are, I'm very frustrated about our current situation, particularly given it’s so avoidable.

I have been privy to a lot of information about Ron’s ineptitude, unfortunately I’d be much more comfortable chatting it over in a pub rather than putting it in writing online.

What I can say is during the previous CEOs tenure, whether the football was good or bad there was always a very good harmony amongst the staff members - this has now gone.

If RG was awesome at his job and a oxf*rd, people could accept it.

If he was a really nice guy but not fantastic at his job, people could accept it.

Unfortunately, he is a most unsavoury character AND has proven (both publicly and internally) to be completely inept at what he’s paid (a lot of money) to do

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Aug 2018 01:35

WAZZOCK
WoodleyRoyal
WAZZOCK I know this is a discussion on Hammond, but given there is talk about BT I thought I would weigh in on that topic.

In BT’s first full season as DoF (or equivalent) he was managed by the very experienced Howe, who allowed him to get on with his job. During this season we unearthed some gems and ended up finishing 3rd.

Move forward to 2017 when Gourlay came in with a view to micro managing everything within the football club, and we’ve ended up with some dreadful signings that by and large we have paid over the odds for (either in transfer fees, wages or both).

It’s frustrating to see the negativity around BT, because he is a great bloke who is extremely capable of doing a superb job for this club. Unfortunately he has had his hands tied by the completely clueless Gourlay, who is unfortunately regressing our club with every day that goes by.

Hi Wazzock ive seen you berate RG many a time on here, you obviously have someone's ear at the club to know this stuff, so what is it he is doing/not doing for you/ your contact to have such a bad opinion of him. You've never really gone into detail..

Yes, sorry about that, I most certainly have a bee in my bonnet about that awful man. Like we all are, I'm very frustrated about our current situation, particularly given it’s so avoidable.

I have been privy to a lot of information about Ron’s ineptitude, unfortunately I’d be much more comfortable chatting it over in a pub rather than putting it in writing online.

What I can say is during the previous CEOs tenure, whether the football was good or bad there was always a very good harmony amongst the staff members - this has now gone.

If RG was awesome at his job and a oxf*rd, people could accept it.

If he was a really nice guy but not fantastic at his job, people could accept it.

Unfortunately, he is a most unsavoury character AND has proven (both publicly and internally) to be completely inept at what he’s paid (a lot of money) to do

Really?