Rumour - Cameron Jerome

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Rumour - Cameron Jerome

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2018 12:12

We're being linked with having an interest in taking him from Derby. Apparently available for the 1.5m that Derby paid.

Really not convinced it will happen but think it could be a very good short term move - loan or 18 month contract. Been successful at this level and offers something different to what we have up front currently - esp. if we want to play with 1 up top.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Rumour - Cameron Jerome

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Aug 2018 12:15

I really think Bodvarsson is more than enough for us, very underrated in his time here thus far. Lets stick with him and Baldock, no need to bring in any more fire power at this time.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2018 12:18

Old Man Andrews I really think Bodvarsson is more than enough for us, very underrated in his time here thus far. Lets stick with him and Baldock, no need to bring in any more fire power at this time.

I think Jerome would offer the back-up/competition to JDB, Would give us striking options of Baldock/McNulty & JDB/Jerome.

Clement seems to favouring a front 2, so would make sense to me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Aug 2018 12:20

Agent talk? We have signed two strikers this summer. We have in Bodvarsson another striker who has started the season well. We have in Meite a potential fourth striker who Clement has been pleased with. I can’t see this happening.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Aug 2018 12:23

Stranded
Old Man Andrews I really think Bodvarsson is more than enough for us, very underrated in his time here thus far. Lets stick with him and Baldock, no need to bring in any more fire power at this time.

I think Jerome would offer the back-up/competition to JDB, Would give us striking options of Baldock/McNulty & JDB/Jerome.

I'm not going to turn down an experienced head but I guess I'd just prefer us to get a dynamic central midfielder if we could over another striker.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 29 Aug 2018 12:33

Old Man Andrews
Stranded

I'm not going to turn down an experienced head but I guess I'd just prefer us to get a dynamic central midfielder if we could over another striker.

+1
Think our 4 options up top, we can go 442 or play a front 3 which could bring in Barrow / Aluko and Sims. A 5th choice should come from the youth set up as an emergency - not ideal but it is there to be used.
Also not sure what it says about clement if he buys 3 Strikers in one window after 6 competitive games.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 29 Aug 2018 13:43

Old Man Andrews
Stranded

Unfortunately we need both :-( I am a Bod fan given his excellent work ethic but he just doesn't keep the ball well enough to get us playing more in the oppositions final third. The same issue exists in midfield whereby we lose most second balls allowing sides to attack us in transition rather than the other way around. As an example, I'd reckon we lost at least 70% of second ball in midfield against Bolton leading to a loss against a very limited side.
Any improvement in either area then has a knock on effect as you suddenly get players like Aluko and Barrow going forward into space instead of running the other way to defend. Fine margins and all that !
The current midfield makes you realize just how much Danny Williams brought to the side in terms of doing all of the donkey work / ugly things very well.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 29 Aug 2018 13:43

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews
Stranded

+1
Think our 4 options up top, we can go 442 or play a front 3 which could bring in Barrow / Aluko and Sims. A 5th choice should come from the youth set up as an emergency - not ideal but it is there to be used.
Also not sure what it says about clement if he buys 3 Strikers in one window after 6 competitive games.

Think it says that Clement recognises that we've been crap at scoring goals for the past 12 months

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Aug 2018 14:22

Big physical presence with a bit of pace too. I'd take him like a shot especially as you can never have too many striking options.

However suspect anything is just agent bluster to garner interest in him as I sadly can't see Reading doing anything else on the inwards front before the window closes.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Aug 2018 14:27

Would happily have him - but only if we were able to shed 3-4 if not more of our bloated squad beforehand

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Aug 2018 15:07

is there a better striker on the market willing to come to us for 1.5 mil? doubtful. This is a 100% yes from me

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Aug 2018 15:48

Isn't the window closed except for loans ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2018 16:25

Nameless Isn't the window closed except for loans ?

Yes but as with Brereton transfer to Blackburn deals can essentially be permanent. You take the player on loan now and the deal becomes permanent on 1st Jan.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Aug 2018 19:43

Would be worth it to stop his annual goals against us.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Aug 2018 01:08

WoodleyRoyal is there a better striker on the market willing to come to us for 1.5 mil? doubtful. This is a 100% yes from me

You might even get him for 1 mil. We spent 3-5 mil on Baldock, plus whatever we paid for McNulty....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2018 08:08

More chance of signing Jerome K Jerome

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 Aug 2018 12:11

In commentary last night it was said that Forest are in for Jerome or Gestedde.
Wouldn't mind either, although Gestedde's injury record isn't so good.
If nothing happens it means that the manager has a lot of faith in Meite.
To me he is a Div 1 or Div 2 level striker but , for the sake of us and the club, I would love to be proved wrong .

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2018 16:39

Victor Meldrew In commentary last night it was said that Forest are in for Jerome or Gestedde.
To me he is a Div 1 or Div 2 level striker but , for the sake of us and the club, I would love to be proved wrong .

Meite is young and at least showing promise. He might get better still but needs the game time to do that. He's not going to be put out on loan and is at least one player we have who is worth watching and does put in effort each game, even if it's largely frustrated. Suggest we therefore get used to him being the backup in that area until at least January.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2018 20:53

nope. whilst a proper quality striker would be nice, for all his attributes i dont think thats Jerome. Bod need a proper run of 10 - 15 games to show his quality. And our biggest weakness is the absolute black hole of quality that is our midfield. Our blend of characters and playing style is truly appalling

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Aug 2018 08:09

Sutekh
Victor Meldrew In commentary last night it was said that Forest are in for Jerome or Gestedde.

Meite is young and at least showing promise. He might get better still but needs the game time to do that. He's not going to be put out on loan and is at least one player we have who is worth watching and does put in effort each game, even if it's largely frustrated. Suggest we therefore get used to him being the backup in that area until at least January.

Meite has plenty of good attributes. Good in the air, strong and he has pace. He's not the finished article and he needs to work on things like his first touch and his final ball but if he can put all the pieces together he has the potential to be a pretty good player.