Danny Loader

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Danny Loader

by Denver Royal » 23 Sep 2018 17:38

From Skysports/Mirror/SportingNews:

'Chelsea are hot on the heels of Reading's England U19 starlet Danny Loader'.

Has he been showing well in U23's?
1st team opportunities seem limited here. Bod, Baldock, McNulty, Meite, Smith, etc. We've played lone striker at times. No league cup, and if league form picks up you'd think things would stay as is. Bod has been a sub. McNulty has barely got on the park, even as we've struggled. Novak playing well and scoring. So, a bit crowded up top.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Danny Loader

by Zip » 23 Sep 2018 18:12

Yes he’s been doing very well. I would hate to see us lose him before he had even played for the first team. Going to Chelsea would not be a good move for him imo. Certainly not at this stage in his career.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Sep 2018 18:43

Zip Yes he’s been doing very well. I would hate to see us lose him before he had even played for the first team. Going to Chelsea would not be a good move for him imo. Certainly not at this stage in his career.

If he's not getting chances here why wouldn't he go? Better facilities, better players to train with and learn from and even if first team chances are more limited, he'd likely get loaned out eventually to a Championship club anyway.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2018 18:50

tidus_mi2
Zip Yes he’s been doing very well. I would hate to see us lose him before he had even played for the first team. Going to Chelsea would not be a good move for him imo. Certainly not at this stage in his career.

If he's not getting chances here why wouldn't he go? Better facilities, better players to train with and learn from and even if first team chances are more limited, he'd likely get loaned out eventually to a Championship club anyway.

He has zero chance of getting into Chelsea’s first team. He does have that possibility with us. It does concern me a bit that he is not on the bench for us though. I also think we could have taken a longer look at Novakovich before loaning him out again. Did we really need to sign McNulty?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 23 Sep 2018 19:02

McNulty made so much sense as a signing. Loader and Nova seem made to be a top partnership... I can’t blame Clement for fearing for his job and wanting experienced pros to do the job for him, I just hope that he sees these guys as fillers to keep his job for him before he bloods the future. Sadly, I think we all know it’s not the case!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Sep 2018 20:59

Not seen much that says Loader is ready to be near the first team yet. One problem is it’s not really clear what position he would play. He wouldn’t play as a lone striker, he’s not big, he drops deep looking for the ball, he’s not a poacher. It’s hard to tell how his skills would transfer to first team football. You could understand his head being turned by Chelsea throwing £20k a week at him to join their loan squad but that must be a fairly soul destroying long term career.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Sep 2018 02:54

One year left on his contract and not happy here by some accounts. Believes he should be playing.

Won't be shocked to see him leave. Would be annoyed to, mind. Deserved a chance. McNulty made sense, but we didn't need both him and Baldock, should have had Novakovich and Loader for the fringe / bench.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Sep 2018 12:58

Antonio scenario Mk 2 - maybe Mk 3

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Sep 2018 14:28

He seems to have posted a video on Instagram featuring Boyata in a Reading jersey. Unless our number 48 (do we have one?) Looks extremely similar to the Celtic defender..

Anyway I hope he stays and is brilliant. We need someone exciting from the academy especially after Kuhl went and got everyone's hopes up.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Sep 2018 14:35

maffff One year left on his contract and not happy here by some accounts. Believes he should be playing.

Won't be shocked to see him leave. Would be annoyed to, mind. Deserved a chance. McNulty made sense, but we didn't need both him and Baldock, should have had Novakovich and Loader for the fringe / bench.

If I was PC I'd be looking to offer him a new 2/3 year deal now. Presumably the club have sat down with him and told him where he is currently with regard to the first team and what he needs to do get the opportunities. If he takes that on board and makes inroads to those requirements he'll have a chance.

What I think he really needs is a decent loan period somewhere.

By the way is he a no 10, a winger or a proper out and out striker?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Sep 2018 14:41

I don't think he should be playing quite yet. Hopefully he show a little patience and keep scoring in the U23. Bod and Baldock look a handy partnership and McNulty is next in line.

I do think he should have got mins in the cup though.

Would be more than happy to start seeing him on the bench though, and suspect he is a better option than Meite up front.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Sep 2018 17:36

NewCorkSeth He seems to have posted a video on Instagram featuring Boyata in a Reading jersey. Unless our number 48 (do we have one?) Looks extremely similar to the Celtic defender..

That'll be Medford-Smith

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Sep 2018 17:39

Sutekh If I was PC I'd be looking to offer him a new 2/3 year deal now. Presumably the club have sat down with him and told him where he is currently with regard to the first team and what he needs to do get the opportunities. If he takes that on board and makes inroads to those requirements he'll have a chance.

What I think he really needs is a decent loan period somewhere.

By the way is he a no 10, a winger or a proper out and out striker?

Since PC has come in there's some unrest within the academy - due to chances (or perceived lack of), don't think unless he gets games he'll sign a new deal anyway.

He was a poacher / out an out striker for most of the time in the academy, but the last season or so he's been used as a left striker/winger a lot more. We have more strikers than wingers in the academy and it's helped his all round game improve.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Sep 2018 17:43

maffff
NewCorkSeth He seems to have posted a video on Instagram featuring Boyata in a Reading jersey. Unless our number 48 (do we have one?) Looks extremely similar to the Celtic defender..

That'll be Medford-Smith

I'm not a racist. They have the same haircut...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Sep 2018 18:26

I know Smith did ok last season, but I really think Loader should have got his chances. I hope he gets some cup minutes, but it's hard to justify selecting ahead of McNulty and Meite and impossible to select him ahead of Bod or Baldock right now. A loan would be perfect.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Sep 2018 18:31

Snowflake Royal I know Smith did ok last season, but I really think Loader should have got his chances. I hope he gets some cup minutes, but it's hard to justify selecting ahead of McNulty and Meite and impossible to select him ahead of Bod or Baldock right now. A loan would be perfect.

McNulty hasn’t really had a look in so far so deserves a chance. Meite has had a number of starts and isn’t up to it.
I would bring Loader onto the bench for Meite.

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 24 Sep 2018 19:11

maffff

That'll be Medford-Smith

Why tag him though

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Sep 2018 07:14

Zip
Snowflake Royal I know Smith did ok last season, but I really think Loader should have got his chances. I hope he gets some cup minutes, but it's hard to justify selecting ahead of McNulty and Meite and impossible to select him ahead of Bod or Baldock right now. A loan would be perfect.

McNulty hasn’t really had a look in so far so deserves a chance. Meite has had a number of starts and isn’t up to it.
I would bring Loader onto the bench for Meite.

Agreed

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 Sep 2018 08:07

KentRoyal
maffff

That'll be Medford-Smith

Why tag him though

Same reason Man City players call Zinchenko "Kevin", or why we called Glen Little "Blakey".

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1