Rumour - Phil Parkinson

130 posts
User avatar
72 bus
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1026
Joined: 16 Mar 2005 12:01

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by 72 bus » 23 Oct 2018 10:02

John Smith wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
John Smith wrote:oxf*rd off you prick

I know you just realised you've lost 5 years of your life, but no need for that.

If you can't take it back, don't dish it out.

I'm fully aware of our position at the moment: the fact is that we have had more recent success than Bolton, whilst they have spent a season in the third tier, as well as finishing below us in one of our worst seasons in 16 years. Whether or not they won a few FA Cups in the 20's is irrelevant to their current standing.

You aren't a Reading supporter Snowflake. Just go and support Liverpool from your armchair you'll be more suited to it.


I don't normally come to Ian's defence but the bloke travels from all the way from Cambridge for our home games, which is a pretty good effort really.
I doubt your mum would let you travel that far on your own.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4392
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2018 13:30

John Smith wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
John Smith wrote:oxf*rd off you prick

I know you just realised you've lost 5 years of your life, but no need for that.

If you can't take it back, don't dish it out.

I'm fully aware of our position at the moment: the fact is that we have had more recent success than Bolton, whilst they have spent a season in the third tier, as well as finishing below us in one of our worst seasons in 16 years. Whether or not they won a few FA Cups in the 20's is irrelevant to their current standing.

You aren't a Reading supporter Snowflake. Just go and support Liverpool from your armchair you'll be more suited to it.

:| You appear to be confusing me with someone else.

I've said nothing about comparing us with Bolton, any FA cup wins they may have had, nor Liverpool. I clearly am a Reading fan, and I've never supported Liverpool.

Having a bit of a 'mare here aren't you.

Cheers Bus.

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 18229
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by leon » 23 Oct 2018 23:01

John Smith in tiresome little bore shock.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4619
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2018 08:33

Yeah of all the things you can throw at Ian not being a Reading supporter isn't one of them.

KentRoyal
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: 19 Mar 2018 17:32
Location: Thankfully not on The isle of sheppey

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by KentRoyal » 28 Oct 2018 10:51

The sun are now reporting that we have lost interest in parky after a dip in form and it would cost too much to get him out of Bolton. Instead we are apparently eyeing up Steve Bruce, as we have the money for his wages somehow


Henley Royal 1
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: 02 Sep 2017 19:11

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Henley Royal 1 » 28 Oct 2018 11:25

KentRoyal wrote:The sun are now reporting that we have lost interest in parky after a dip in form and it would cost too much to get him out of Bolton. Instead we are apparently eyeing up Steve Bruce, as we have the money for his wages somehow

I think he will hang on for something better.

User avatar
Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1718
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 13:38
Location: In my bunker

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Muskrat » 28 Oct 2018 11:53

Steve Bruce? FFS I'd rather have Fiona Bruce (as RFC Manager that is)...

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4392
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2018 12:59

Well Bruce is experienced at least. This may be unfair, but he strikes me as one of the serial failures who get work based on name and is slowly sliding down the leagues (as we are).

I'd rather stick or Parky for certain.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1095
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 18:56

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Oct 2018 16:20

Snowflake Royal wrote:Well Bruce is experienced at least. This may be unfair, but he strikes me as one of the serial failures who get work based on name and is slowly sliding down the leagues (as we are).

I'd rather stick or Parky for certain.


How many promotions or even half decent campaigns in this league has Parky had?

Bruce has a track record in this league and with similar size clubs to us; yes her's had failures but he's about as good as what's out there....


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4392
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2018 17:50

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:Well Bruce is experienced at least. This may be unfair, but he strikes me as one of the serial failures who get work based on name and is slowly sliding down the leagues (as we are).

I'd rather stick or Parky for certain.


How many promotions or even half decent campaigns in this league has Parky had?

Bruce has a track record in this league and with similar size clubs to us; yes her's had failures but he's about as good as what's out there....

Apples, oranges.

Parky is an up and coming manager, Bruce is a manager in decline. Parky has an existing bond to the club, Bruce doesn't.

User avatar
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 2532
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 11:35
Location: Feeding the leccy meter at the County Ground

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Lower West » 28 Oct 2018 19:03

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
Bruce has a track record in this league and with similar size clubs to us; yes her's had failures but he's about as good as what's out there....


Having a revolving door of managers isn't going to turn around the decline of the club.

Orion
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: 29 Aug 2018 15:40

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Orion » 28 Oct 2018 19:10

Lower West wrote:
Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
Bruce has a track record in this league and with similar size clubs to us; yes her's had failures but he's about as good as what's out there....


Having a revolving door of managers isn't going to turn around the decline of the club.


The sackings aren't the issue, the wrong appointments in the first place are the issue.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1095
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 18:56

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Oct 2018 21:28

Snowflake Royal wrote:
Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:Well Bruce is experienced at least. This may be unfair, but he strikes me as one of the serial failures who get work based on name and is slowly sliding down the leagues (as we are).

I'd rather stick or Parky for certain.


How many promotions or even half decent campaigns in this league has Parky had?

Bruce has a track record in this league and with similar size clubs to us; yes her's had failures but he's about as good as what's out there....

Apples, oranges.

Parky is an up and coming manager, Bruce is a manager in decline. Parky has an existing bond to the club, Bruce doesn't.


Up and coming manager?? Do me a favour, he's been around since about 2003 most of which has been in the lower leagues. That bond wouldn't last 5 mins with our fans, look at McDermott part 2.


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4392
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Oct 2018 00:47

Yes, up and coming, having worked his way up the traditional way.

User avatar
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7782
Joined: 05 May 2017 07:32
Location: For a minute there I lost myself....

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Oct 2018 10:10

Lower West wrote:Having a revolving door of managers isn't going to turn around the decline of the club.


Why do some people always mix up a poorly performing team with a 'declining club'?

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 18229
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by leon » 30 Oct 2018 10:31

Orion wrote:
Lower West wrote:
Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
Bruce has a track record in this league and with similar size clubs to us; yes her's had failures but he's about as good as what's out there....


Having a revolving door of managers isn't going to turn around the decline of the club.


The sackings aren't the issue, the wrong appointments in the first place are the issue.


Absolutely this.

User avatar
bcubed
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3969
Joined: 30 Oct 2004 18:16
Location: Would do better with a stick of rhubarb

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by bcubed » 31 Oct 2018 01:17

Snowflake Royal wrote:Well Bruce is experienced at least. This may be unfair, but he strikes me as one of the serial failures who get work based on name and is slowly sliding down the leagues (as we are).

I'd rather stick or Parky for certain.


Rare greed with SR

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7300
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Hound » 31 Oct 2018 08:29

It’s a pretty uninspired choice tbh

Let’s look elsewhere please

User avatar
bcubed
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3969
Joined: 30 Oct 2004 18:16
Location: Would do better with a stick of rhubarb

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by bcubed » 31 Oct 2018 10:21

Hound wrote:It’s a pretty uninspired choice tbh

Let’s look elsewhere please


Don't disagree but if it was a choice between Bruce or Parky?

User avatar
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3256
Joined: 20 Sep 2005 23:16

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Reading4eva » 01 Nov 2018 09:27

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
How many promotions or even half decent campaigns in this league has Parky had?

Bruce has a track record in this league and with similar size clubs to us; yes her's had failures but he's about as good as what's out there....

Apples, oranges.

Parky is an up and coming manager, Bruce is a manager in decline. Parky has an existing bond to the club, Bruce doesn't.


Up and coming manager?? Do me a favour, he's been around since about 2003 most of which has been in the lower leagues. That bond wouldn't last 5 mins with our fans, look at McDermott part 2.


Getting Colchester into the Championship was a miracle to be fair. You can't discredit him for that

130 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

It is currently 18 Nov 2018 14:25