January Outs

353 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: January Outs

by paultheroyal » 31 Jan 2019 11:59

royal_rumble Getting rid of players with bigger wages / longer contracts and replacing them with loan deals all over the place. I'd say preparations for league 1 are well under way.

Agreed whilst preparing ourselves for clear out and fresh start if the great escape does happen.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 31 Jan 2019 12:03

so far today players that could leave are....
Liam Kelly Loan/Perm
Leandro Bacuna
Marc Mcnulty
Barrow
Meite
Meyler
Mannone
Llori already gone
This worries me a lot it is like a firesale

4 of those 6 I would consider our best players and we are replacing them with loans so far. This is all well and good now but come the end of the season we start from square one with heavy investment needed and all our prospects and up and coming players gone.

I seriously hope we are looking at investing in permanent replacements today before the 10 million accrued from these players gets squirreled away never to be seen again.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 12:06

linkenholtroyal so far today players that could leave are....
Liam Kelly Loan/Perm
Leandro Bacuna
Marc Mcnulty
Barrow
Meite
Meyler
Mannone
Llori already gone

4 of those 6 I would consider our best players and we are replacing them with loans so far. This is all well and good now but come the end of the season we start from square one with heavy investment needed and all our prospects and up and coming players gone.

I seriously hope we are looking at investing in permanent replacements today before the 10 million accrued from these players gets squirreled away never to be seen again.

these so called best players who have got us in this mess? good riddance i say, they can all oxf*rd off as far as im concered

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jan 2019 12:06

linkenholtroyal Llori

one thing I won't miss about Tiago is this typo

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2019 12:07

Liam Kelly Loan/Perm
Leandro Bacuna
Marc Mcnulty
Barrow
Meite
Meyler
Mannone
Llori already gone

https://youtu.be/b3H8A5CgHZE

Don't Panic

by Don't Panic » 31 Jan 2019 12:08

Liam Kelly Loan/Perm
Leandro Bacuna
Marc Mcnulty
Barrow
Meite
Meyler
Mannone
Llori already gone

10 million, don't make me laugh. Wherever you're getting that figure from is on something!

As for best players, which 4 are you saying are our best players?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 12:10

Don't Panic
Liam Kelly Loan/Perm
Leandro Bacuna
Marc Mcnulty
Barrow
Meite
Meyler
Mannone
Llori already gone

10 million, don't make me laugh. Wherever you're getting that figure from is on something!

3 mill being reported for bacuna and 2.5 for illori, 2 mill being muted for barrow i dont think 10 mill is out the question tbf

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jan 2019 12:11

WoodleyRoyal
Don't Panic
Liam Kelly Loan/Perm
Leandro Bacuna
Marc Mcnulty
Barrow
Meite
Meyler
Mannone
Llori already gone

3 mill being reported for bacuna and 2.5 for illori, 2 mill being muted for barrow i dont think 10 mill is out the question tbf

Would imagine Meite would be 2-3m too

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 12:13

genome
WoodleyRoyal
Don't Panic

Would imagine Meite would be 2-3m too

was thinking more 1-2 personally, but the point is still the same, 10 mill isn't unrealistic

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 12:18

Jacob from Bushwatch has resurfaced. Genuinely thought something had happened to him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 12:20

Liam Kelly Loan/Perm
Leandro Bacuna
Marc Mcnulty
Barrow
Meite
Meyler
Mannone
Llori already gone

That may set a record for the biggest over reaction !
Which 4 would you class as our best players on current form ? Bacuna may slip in there but the others ? Under performers to a man.
Which of them are ‘prospects and up and coming’ players ? Kelly ? Been part of the squad for a couple of seasons.
If we splash out on a series of permenant signings today that would be scary. We’d pay over the odds and probably not get good options. Do we sign players who play in the same position as the loan players (who we’d have to replace in the summer) ?
Where has £10 million come from ?
Why would anyone squirrel money away ? No one benefits from that.
As for a firesale, that would mean cashing in on ourmost valuable assets at cheap rates. We’ve not flogged Moore, Rimonahota, Swift or Yiadom nd by the sounds of it we’re getting decent money (£3 million for Bacuna ? £2 million for Ilori ?)

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 31 Jan 2019 12:23

NewCorkSeth
Coppells Lost Coat
NewCorkSeth Penguins are much better than wagon wheels.

You had a Penguin recently? not what they used to be.

Sadly not had one in years. Do they still have jokes on them?

It did, but it was even by their standards, was pretty bad.
To be completely honest I was so disappointed after the initial excitement it ended up in the bin after 1 bite.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 31 Jan 2019 12:24

A lot of people on here are making the assumption that the amount of money available to the club to spend is dependent on internal things like transfer fees and salaries. Might it just be dependent on what the owners want to spend? They own the club and all it's assets, it doesn't matter really if we sell Bacuna for £3m, £30m or £300m if they have a set idea of what they want to invest*.

*I appreciate that financial fair play comes into it at some point. It seems pretty flexible though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 12:26

whether it gets reinvested or not, 3m (and reportedly doubling our money) on Bacuna is too good to be true

I liked him, but too inconsistent and far too likely to do something stupid. I expect Cardiff's hands were bitten off

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 12:29

Elm Park Kid A lot of people on here are making the assumption that the amount of money available to the club to spend is dependent on internal things like transfer fees and salaries. Might it just be dependent on what the owners want to spend? They own the club and all it's assets, it doesn't matter really if we sell Bacuna for £3m, £30m or £300m if they have a set idea of what they want to invest*.

*I appreciate that financial fair play comes into it at some point. It seems pretty flexible though.

we were told in the summer that we were significantly hampered by FFP, and we will not breach it. the debate is, are this incoming money to keep status quo after the outlay in wages for the loans that have come in. Or will there be leftovers for further permanent additions? we will find out in 11 hours I guess...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 12:29

Elm Park Kid A lot of people on here are making the assumption that the amount of money available to the club to spend is dependent on internal things like transfer fees and salaries. Might it just be dependent on what the owners want to spend? They own the club and all it's assets, it doesn't matter really if we sell Bacuna for £3m, £30m or £300m if they have a set idea of what they want to invest*.

I think it’s been made clear that FFP is a big factor in our budgeting right now.
I have no idea how our finances stack up but I would think the recent sales will have had a significant positive effect.
You are right that the owners have extremely deep pockets (although how much of their wealth is liquid and how much is available to be spent outside China are big unknowns).
We’re not going to get into the sort of financial trouble Bolton are in but if we are abiding by FFP we may be limited in what we can spend.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2019 12:32

Coppells Lost Coat
NewCorkSeth
Coppells Lost Coat
You had a Penguin recently? not what they used to be.

Sadly not had one in years. Do they still have jokes on them?

It did, but it was even by their standards, was pretty bad.
To be completely honest I was so disappointed after the initial excitement it ended up in the bin after 1 bite.

Shame. I've gotten really into chocolate almonds recently. They've become my go to chocolate buy. The ones I buy have a thin layer of hard caramel around the almond then the chocolate coating.

My biggest problem is I can't find skips here in France which are my go to snack.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 12:37

6 or 7m coming in from Ilori, Bacuna and Meite should do wonders for the finances tbh

If we could scrape out some loan fees for McNulty, Kelly and Mannone, even better.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 31 Jan 2019 12:38

Nameless

I think it’s been made clear that FFP is a big factor in our budgeting right now.
I have no idea how our finances stack up but I would think the recent sales will have had a significant positive effect.
You are right that the owners have extremely deep pockets (although how much of their wealth is liquid and how much is available to be spent outside China are big unknowns).
We’re not going to get into the sort of financial trouble Bolton are in but if we are abiding by FFP we may be limited in what we can spend.

Always thought our biggest concern with FFP was wages as that is a constant outgoing compared to an out lay of a transfer could be spread over payments and clauses.
Selling Ilori, Bacuna, Meite + save on wages and getting a % of wages off our books with the loans out will seriously strengthen our position.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2019 12:40

Coppells Lost Coat
Nameless

Always thought our biggest concern with FFP was wages as that is a constant outgoing compared to an out lay of a transfer could be spread over payments and clauses.
Selling Ilori, Bacuna, Meite + save on wages and getting a % of wages off our books with the loans out will seriously strengthen our position.

Yep, imagine Bacuna is one of our highest earners. Ilori was probably on a decent wedge too.

353 posts