353 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: January Outs

by Maneki Neko » 31 Jan 2019 15:39

NewCorkSeth
Henley Royal 1
Royal Bison

No doubt endless clauses over the next 35 years.
They've probably given us £75k, a can of vimto and a wagon wheel upfront

Could have been much worse they might have thrown in a penguin.

Penguins are much better than wagon wheels.

oxf*rd off, lowest possible grade of lunchbox chocolate

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Jan 2019 15:40

NewCorkSeth
Royal Bison
NewCorkSeth You sicken me.

Unbelievable, you'll be claiming next that a breakaway is better than a gold bar.

I wouldn't go that far. A Gold bar is in my top 10 chocolate bars.

no lunch box chocolate should be anywhere near a top ten of actual chocolate bars
get out

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Jan 2019 15:45

WoodleyRoyal
genome
WoodleyRoyal
3 mill being reported for bacuna and 2.5 for illori, 2 mill being muted for barrow i dont think 10 mill is out the question tbf

Would imagine Meite would be 2-3m too

was thinking more 1-2 personally, but the point is still the same, 10 mill isn't unrealistic

even if we do bring in 10 million, its only replacing the money weve wasted on shit players over the last few seasons

no decent player will come here on a permanent contract while we are looking like relegation prospects, and the club does not want to have to offer big wages/fees needed to attract the average players who might come here

the best prospect for club right now, and the players, is to bring in decent quality loanees.

not sure if you've noticed but we are in a real knife edge situation. this is the action required to A. help us out of it. B. Mitigate the situation if we do not.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 31 Jan 2019 16:03

Maneki Neko
WoodleyRoyal
genome

was thinking more 1-2 personally, but the point is still the same, 10 mill isn't unrealistic

even if we do bring in 10 million, its only replacing the money weve wasted on shit players over the last few seasons

no decent player will come here on a permanent contract while we are looking like relegation prospects, and the club does not want to have to offer big wages/fees needed to attract the average players who might come here

the best prospect for club right now, and the players, is to bring in decent quality loanees.

not sure if you've noticed but we are in a real knife edge situation. this is the action required to A. help us out of it. B. Mitigate the situation if we do not.

The problem with bringing in loanees is that we already have 6. And only 5 can be in a matchday squad. I can't see any more loan signings arriving.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 16:52

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 16:53

Excellent news. Total cock end.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 17:01

actually reckon he'll do them an ok job. Probably suit Colin's style

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Jan 2019 17:02

In all likelihood, will be back in the Champ next season anyway.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Jan 2019 17:11

Get in there. We've been shit ever since he moved to us, our midfield has been an issue whenever he's played.

Mannone, Meyler, McShane, O'Shea and Barrow now to go please! Then it'll be a dream transfer window

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 31 Jan 2019 17:15

Christ Cardiff must be desperate. He's crap at this level let alone the prem.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 17:15

Royal_jimmy

Get in there. We've been shit ever since he moved to us, our midfield has been an issue whenever he's played.

Could say the same for Gunter tbh, and a lot of other of our players!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Jan 2019 17:18

Jackson Corner Christ Cardiff must be desperate. He's crap at this level let alone the prem.

Only really did well at right back for us. In midfield he's pants

Good riddance

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 31 Jan 2019 17:34

Pleased to see the overpaid failures being shipped out. Regardless of whether we're Champ or League 1 next season, I'm excited that we'll have a fresh new squad, hopefully full of academy players , Novakovich and hopefully some of the loanees we currently have on the books.

Our recruitment has been an absolute shambles, & a total waste of money over the past three seasons.

Hopefully this is a new dawn.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Jan 2019 17:41

CountryRoyal
Royal_jimmy

Could say the same for Gunter tbh, and a lot of other of our players!

Since 2012? Yeah, I know we got relegated from the PL, but we also finished 7th and 3rd in the Championship, only a penalty shoot out away from the PL, and got to only second ever FA cup semi-final.

That's probably one of the most successful periods in the clubs history.

Since Bacuna joined in 2017 though, we have barely escaped relegation, and are currently in relegation places.

I don't think there's much of a comparison between the two periods.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 17:44

Wycombe Royal
Maneki Neko
WoodleyRoyal

The problem with bringing in loanees is that we already have 6. And only 5 can be in a matchday squad. I can't see any more loan signings arriving.

You can only have 18 players in any match day squad. Are you suggesting we should cut our squad down to 18 ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 17:49

Royal_jimmy
Jackson Corner Christ Cardiff must be desperate. He's crap at this level let alone the prem.

Only really did well at right back for us. In midfield he's pants

Good riddance

I’m not sad to see him go, but he has been reasonable this year. The partnership in midfield with Rino was as good as any we’ve put out over the last two years (desperately low bar I accept)

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 31 Jan 2019 17:55

Thought Bacuna put in a number of decent performances this season (hence the move I suppose!), but Rimonhota already seems just as good a player for his role after only a dozen or so starts.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 18:01

Maneki Neko
WoodleyRoyal
genome

Oh I’m well aware brendy and I agree with you whole heartedly. The point I was making was that someone further up this thread (which if you had actually read, you would know :| ) scoffed at us bringing in 10 mill from the list of players that was mentioned. I simply did a breakdown of the values. Saying 10 mill was not unrealistic. I do not for one second think we could attract a player of enough quality to improve our squad considering our posistion. I even said that on another thread.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2019 18:33

Zip
Old Man Andrews
Zip Not at all pleased about this. In the meantime we still have a host of wasters on our books.

What was Bacuna?

Erratic but decent on his better days. More concerned about losing Meite. Bod is constantly injury prone. That leaves us reliant on Oliveira staying fit otherwise we don’t have a big man up top. We also still have Mannone, Walker, McNulty. McShane, O’Shea and bloody Meyler on the books.

Don't worry. Gomes thinks Loader can lead the line.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2019 18:41

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Old Man Andrews
What was Bacuna?

Erratic but decent on his better days. More concerned about losing Meite. Bod is constantly injury prone. That leaves us reliant on Oliveira staying fit otherwise we don’t have a big man up top. We also still have Mannone, Walker, McNulty. McShane, O’Shea and bloody Meyler on the books.

Don't worry. Gomes thinks Loader can lead the line.

Meite is staying. I’m fine with that especially as Baldock as pretty much out for the season.
Zero indication that Mannone, Meyler, McNulty, McShane or O’Shea are on their way though.

353 posts