January Outs

353 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: January Outs

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 22:12

genome Smudger complains about the snow affecting his wifi. OMA explodes.

I came here to report this..... I fear I may have become predictable.

Can I just point out that the bloke must have a phone and it must have data on it. Is he that inept he can't operate a phone?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 31 Jan 2019 22:14

So glad Meyler has gone, and a good window as a whole. The squad is a little thinner now, but we still have some deadwood hanging around, as well as four keepers unless something happens quickly.
Depending on our formation i still feel we have one to many strikers, Meite would have been a good loan but i guess it wasn't to be and i guess we are still waiting on McNulty, whom i feel really sorry for. This guy can score goals but never given a chance, it would be interesting to see him alongside Oliveira as a front two, but i really don't think Gomes favors a 4-4-2 formation.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jan 2019 22:17

McNulty to Hibs confimred.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 22:20

Excellent. Sensible moves for both and we got rid of just about everyone we needed to

Shame Mannone didn’t get moved on but otherwise a good and sensible window

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2019 22:22

I think that will be it for this window. So three outs today. We still have Mannone, McShane and O’Shea on the books but a lot of deadwood has been offloaded.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2019 22:24

Crowbar6753 So glad Meyler has gone, and a good window as a whole. The squad is a little thinner now, but we still have some deadwood hanging around, as well as four keepers unless something happens quickly.
Depending on our formation i still feel we have one to many strikers, Meite would have been a good loan but i guess it wasn't to be and i guess we are still waiting on McNulty, whom i feel really sorry for. This guy can score goals but never given a chance, it would be interesting to see him alongside Oliveira as a front two, but i really don't think Gomes favors a 4-4-2 formation.

Agreed about McNulty. He was given very few chances and we hardly played to his strengths. He is not a lone striker.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 22:25

I don’t think there was ever much chance of O Shea going.

McShane seems to be likely to hang around as back up for the next 4 months and then surely released. Fine with that really

Mannone for the sake of everyone should have got himself something sorted. Poor that he is still here rotting away. Hasn’t even got his mates sparky and Meyler to knock about with now

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 22:26

genome Smudger complains about the snow affecting his wifi. OMA explodes.

Pretty sure he is just trolling OMA now

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 22:27

Think this has been an excellent window.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 31 Jan 2019 22:32

How is Mannone going to train now there is no-one to take shots at him? :lol:

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 31 Jan 2019 22:33

Mannone could still find a move back to Italy (hopefully)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jan 2019 22:33

72 bus Mannone could still find a move back to Italy (hopefully)

Their window closed at 7pm

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 31 Jan 2019 22:34

Ranty McRantface How is Mannone going to train now there is no-one to take shots at him? :lol:

Him and Walker could take turns.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Jan 2019 22:34

72 bus Mannone could still find a move back to Italy (hopefully)

Not in this window - Italy's window has already closed. Unless he comes to some arrangement with the club to end the contract, and he becomes a free agent?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jan 2019 22:49

Meyler to Coventry on loan. Better than having him hanging around.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 22:54

From Despair To Where? Meyler to Coventry on loan. Better than having him hanging around.

He has been a shocking signing. The only thing that saves him from being one of the worst ever is the fact he came her on a free.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 22:57

Ranty McRantface How is Mannone going to train now there is no-one to take shots at him? :lol:

Let’s be real it’s hardly like we had anyone who could get a shot on target anyway.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 31 Jan 2019 23:01

I think most thought Meyler was a sensible signing at the time- we had been missing a Leigertwood destroyer midfielder, and Meyler was free, experienced and was supposed to bring a strong character to the dressing room.
Not sure what went wrong, especially since it was Clement who dropped him. Just a terrible Tevreden/Gourlay signing that was foisted upon Clement?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2019 23:02

Sutekh
genome Man. Our transfer business in the summer was truly, truly abysmal

Seriously wonder who on Earth was responsible for any of the incoming transfers under Clement.

Meyler - :lol:
Baldock - always injured and yet to impress
Yiadom - ok I’ll go for that one
O’Shea - any ideas as to why?
Walker - see O’Shea
McNulty - why spend 1.5m on a player and then give him no chance whatsoever to prove himself or play a system that benefits his style.
Eza - looked capable but managed about 3 games before being injured for 3 months?
Sims - really no better that those already at the club so why bother

I'll have a crack, but you need to separate the player and the intent.

Meyler - we've been desperate for a midfield leader and workhorse for ages. It turned out we bought a dud... it happens, it quickly got fixed.
Right idea, poor execution
Ezatolahi - solved the Meyler problem. You simply can't judge a signing based on not playing through injury if there was no obvious proneness or history there.
Right idea, scuppered by injury
Baldock - we were desperate for more firepower upfront. We were also in need of greater work rate. Baldock brought the latter for sure. He's missed some sitters, but once more you can't account for injuries.
Right idea, moderate success scuppered by injury
Yiadom - we've been desperate for competition for Gunter for years, not perfect but bang on.
Good signing
O'Shea - we needed more experience and leadership. Nah, this was a terrible signing from day 1 with predictable results
Awful
Walker - Mannone bang average, old and rumoured to be leaving, Jaakkola old. Decent punt as cover
Not worked out
McNulty - we neededoptions upfront. I think he was intended as one to seen in and use for impact off the bench. But with both Bod and Meite having excellent runs, the circumstances never fell right. There's a good player there somewhere.
Punt
Sims - young enthusiastic attacker. Remember that when we signed him Barrow wasn't fit. McCleary had been out for a year. Harriott had been out for two and Aluko was uttershite.

There is a lot that's gone wrong there, but for the most part the idea is good.

When you compare it to Bacuna, Barrow, Aluko, it's a shit load cheaper, a shed load less stinking attitude and casualness and it's not deliberately targeting high profile, high price recognised non-deliveries.

Not to forget that Gomes has only brought in loanees, who've barely played yet. Walker got good reviews after one game. As did Meyler. People were crying out for Sims to play not that long ago. Could well be the same complaints will be there for Baker, Miazga, Oliveira and con in 15 games time.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Feb 2019 00:02

I guess it somewhat depends on his wages, but has Oshea really been a disappointment? He's impressed me on the occasions he's been called upon, and has looked fairly class.

353 posts