Sensible Option: Adam Federici

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Sensible Option: Adam Federici

by WoodleyRoyal » 03 Jan 2019 20:57

Zip
Old Man Andrews
Zip I would take Feds back in a heartbeat and Alex Pearce too.

Terrible, terrible shouts.

Shut ya chops.

+1

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jan 2019 21:03

Zip
Old Man Andrews
Zip I would take Feds back in a heartbeat and Alex Pearce too.

Shut ya chops.

No ta. You wanna make awful comments like that then you deserve all you get.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Jan 2019 21:10

Old Man Andrews
Zip
Old Man Andrews

Shut ya chops.

It’s called an opinion my darling.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jan 2019 23:22

sandman
Snowflake Royal Federici wasn't good enough when he was here. Sadly, we're so shit now, if he could play like he did then, he's easily good enough to improve us.

Wasn't good enough for what, Ian? Not good enough for a club like Reading? In which case you are talking out of your backside. He was part of a long line of keepers who meant that we didn't have to worry about the goalkeeping department until Mannone and Jaakkola rocked up.

Wasn't good enough for the Premier League? Maybe. Although there were quite a few who played for us in the PL in our last campaign up there that definitely weren't good enough for that division.

Federici was good for Reading as was McCarthy, bar his distribution. And so were the likes of Marcus and Whitehead before them.

No need to cry just because I don't rate your hero.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 04 Jan 2019 13:55

WoodleyRoyal
Zip
Old Man Andrews

Shut ya chops.

+1

Alex Pearce along side the quicker, more culture Illori would be a decent CB pairing IMO. No to Feds though.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Jan 2019 14:14

Victor Meldrew
Denver Royal Vic, Stockley has gone to Preston, undisclosed.

Sounds like Hause is going to Villa...

We could have matched Preston as all our transfers are undisclosed. :|

He is the son of a mate of a mate - we could have picked him up at the end of last season for not very much and went for Mc Nulty instead.
The rest is history.

Looking forward to strap's cost-per-1st-team-minute analysis for McNulty. :wink:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Jan 2019 15:04

Pearce has signed for Millwall.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Jan 2019 17:40

windermereROYAL Pearce has signed for Millwall.

As a former striker at this level Neil Harris will know of the type of Championship centre back that’s required. Pearce has his faults but is more than adequate for a team struggling like us. We really should have gone in for him as we struggle at the back. He is strong in the air and in the tackle. A Pearce/Moore partnership would have worked ok.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 04 Jan 2019 18:05

Pearces' best performances were when alongside Gorkks, he needs a natural left-footed CB partner. Whenever he played on the left side he was a shambles.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 04 Jan 2019 19:39

Forster’s distribution is about as bad as Jaakola’s and McCarthy’s

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Jan 2019 20:20

What about taking Zohore on loan from Cardiff? He can’t get in the Cardiff team at the moment but has a good scoring record in the Championship.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Jan 2019 23:24

Snowflake Royal
sandman
Snowflake Royal Federici wasn't good enough when he was here. Sadly, we're so shit now, if he could play like he did then, he's easily good enough to improve us.

Wasn't good enough for what, Ian? Not good enough for a club like Reading? In which case you are talking out of your backside. He was part of a long line of keepers who meant that we didn't have to worry about the goalkeeping department until Mannone and Jaakkola rocked up.

Wasn't good enough for the Premier League? Maybe. Although there were quite a few who played for us in the PL in our last campaign up there that definitely weren't good enough for that division.

Federici was good for Reading as was McCarthy, bar his distribution. And so were the likes of Marcus and Whitehead before them.

No need to cry just because I don't rate your hero.
jesus Ian, that’s poor even by your “having the last word” standards

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Jan 2019 23:42

Federici is ridiculously under-rated on here.

He was top notch in 1 on 1 situations and made a huge number of brilliant saves for us. Sad it seems that some people only remember the howlers but in reality there weren’t that many of them. Al Habsi made as many howlers (QPR anyone? :evil: ) but is fondly remembered.

He would be a big improvement on what we’ve got currently.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Jan 2019 10:38

Royal Rother Federici is ridiculously under-rated on here.

He was top notch in 1 on 1 situations and made a huge number of brilliant saves for us. Sad it seems that some people only remember the howlers but in reality there weren’t that many of them. Al Habsi made as many howlers (QPR anyone? :evil: ) but is fondly remembered.

He would be a big improvement on what we’ve got currently.

Absolutely +1

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 05 Jan 2019 16:41

Zip What about taking Zohore on loan from Cardiff? He can’t get in the Cardiff team at the moment but has a good scoring record in the Championship.

I'd be ok with that. With each passing game, its becoming clearer we need more help to avoid relegation...however much promise younger players are showing.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 07 Jan 2019 11:23

Agree that Feds would be a significant upgrade on what we have now, but think it's probably quite rare to loan in a first choice keeper in January? You're basically telling the existing 2/3 keepers that they have no future at the club.

Regarding Alex Pearce (as also mentioned on this thread) - he hasn't played anywhere near enough since leaving us to be confident that he could step straight into a relegation battle and not be just as error prone as what we currently have. In his prime was also a significant upgrade on what we have though.

In fact - i've just checked Wikipedia and the lack of appearances argument can also be levelled at Fedders. I know "third goalkeeper" is a career choice for some (Stuart Taylor etc) - but surely after making enough money to set yourself up for life, you'd then want to play a bit?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jan 2019 11:38

Denver Royal
Zip What about taking Zohore on loan from Cardiff? He can’t get in the Cardiff team at the moment but has a good scoring record in the Championship.

I'd be ok with that. With each passing game, its becoming clearer we need more help to avoid relegation...however much promise younger players are showing.

yeah would be great - but can't see them letting him go

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jan 2019 16:00

Zip
Old Man Andrews
Zip
Shut ya chops.

Really, really poor opinion Zip. I think the fact that one is a third choice keeper and the other has just signed for Millwall tells you all about their quality and therefore how stupid your suggestions are.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jan 2019 16:03

John Smith
Zip
Old Man Andrews No ta. You wanna make awful comments like that then you deserve all you get.

Really, really poor opinion Zip. I think the fact that one is a third choice keeper and the other has just signed for Millwall tells you all about their quality and therefore how stupid your suggestions are.

You need to get real. Millwall are eight points ahead of us in the table. So quite why you are being sniffy about Pearce signing for them is beyond me. Both Feds and Pearce were part of a Reading side that won this League six years ago. We are now relegation fodder. I’d suggest you become more realistic in your expectations.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jan 2019 16:04

Zip
John Smith
Zip

You need to get real. Millwall are eight points ahead of us in the table. So quite why you are being sniffy about Pearce signing for them is beyond me. Both Feds and Pearce were part of a Reading side that won this League six years ago. We are now relegation fodder. I’d suggest you become more realistic in your expectations.

I'd suggest you are the one that needs to get real mate. And get with the times.

oxf*rd Millwall.