Tiago llori

215 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Tiago llori

by Nameless » 28 Jan 2019 17:10

Denver Royal
genome I'd like a left-back before the window closes but not sure they are after one.

I think they prolly are, as are many teams. I'd imagine most teams are always on the lookout. Finding/signing one is another matter.
In an ideal world, Richards would develop and we'd be set for a few years.

In an IDEAL world Obita recovers and we’d be set for a few years......

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2019 18:31

Hendo
linkenholtroyal This does worry me a bit for next season once all the loans go back, oshea and mcshane run out of contract and we only have Moore as a senior centre back. I get the feeling this is a bit short sighted unless any of the U23s look like they are going to suddenly push up I dont know enough about them.

We are able to buy players to fill positions.

It won't suddenly come to the start of the season and we go 'oh shit, we've got no defenders, what do we do?'

We've done it with strikers and left backs so why not?

:wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2019 18:34

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
linkenholtroyal This does worry me a bit for next season once all the loans go back, oshea and mcshane run out of contract and we only have Moore as a senior centre back. I get the feeling this is a bit short sighted unless any of the U23s look like they are going to suddenly push up I dont know enough about them.

We are able to buy players to fill positions.

It won't suddenly come to the start of the season and we go 'oh shit, we've got no defenders, what do we do?'

We've done it with strikers and left backs so why not?

:wink:

Having seen Osho play I think he is good enough to step up. McIntyre was also impressive. Not convinced by Holmes. He looks a bit slow. Even if we get rid of Ilori, McShane and O’Shea we would still have Moore and Blackett plus these academy lads.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2019 18:59

Blackett's contract is up isn't it?

Moore doesn't want to be here.

I'm happy enough with the three academy lads individually, but it's a huge ask to expect them to step up and perform regularly over 10-20-30 games, especially without a senior partner.

Dont think the balance is right, but nothing says we can't make signings in the summer.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Jan 2019 20:56

Snowflake Royal Blackett's contract is up isn't it?

I'm happy enough with the three academy lads individually, but it's a huge ask to expect them to step up and perform regularly over 10-20-30 games, especially without a senior partner.

Dont think the balance is right, but nothing says we can't make signings in the summer.

I am pretty sure Blackett is under contract until 2020.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Jan 2019 20:58

Zip Having seen Osho play I think he is good enough to step up.

Needs to be partnered with experienced pros. A big ask to learn on the job against Championship level strikers. Likewise playing 40 plus game in a season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2019 21:07

Lower West
Zip Having seen Osho play I think he is good enough to step up.

Needs to be partnered with experienced pros. A big ask to learn on the job against Championship level strikers. Likewise playing 40 plus game in a season.

Sure. He is also a bit on the small side so that experienced pro is not necessarily Moore.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2019 21:10

andrew1957

He signed in the summer 16 on a three year deal. Did he sign a contract extension? I can’t recall one.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2019 22:07

Was a 4 year deal

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Jan 2019 22:09

Zip
andrew1957

He signed in the summer 16 on a three year deal. Did he sign a contract extension? I can’t recall one.

Yep, can't find one. In which case the 450,000 from Wigan (supposedly) was a reasonable enough offer. I'm betting though the decision was we'd get more money for Ilori, and he isn't actually any better than Blackett. He may of course be offered a contract when it's a bit clearer where we'll end up next season.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Jan 2019 22:15

Tyler Blackett signed a four-year contract with Reading Football Club in the summer of 2016, joining the Royals on a permanent deal from Manchester United.

Source: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/teams/first ... -blackett/

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Jan 2019 22:47

maffff Tyler Blackett signed a four-year contract with Reading Football Club in the summer of 2016, joining the Royals on a permanent deal from Manchester United.

Source: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/teams/first ... -blackett/

Ah, it's been reported elsewhere as a three year deal, but you'd imagine the club would be more likely to know!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-blackett

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jan 2019 10:26

Osho going to Bristol Rovers surely puts an end to Ilori going? We'll now be stuck with a sulking Ilori until the end of the season which isn't a good thing.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Jan 2019 10:38

Old Man Andrews Osho going to Bristol Rovers surely puts an end to Ilori going? We'll now be stuck with a sulking Ilori until the end of the season which isn't a good thing.

Don't think so. Would still have four CB's. Moore, Miazga, Blackett, McShane. McIntrye in reserve. Should be more than enough.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jan 2019 10:40

genome
Old Man Andrews Osho going to Bristol Rovers surely puts an end to Ilori going? We'll now be stuck with a sulking Ilori until the end of the season which isn't a good thing.

Don't think so. Would still have four CB's. Moore, Miazga, Blackett, McShane. McIntrye in reserve. Should be more than enough.

Blackett is a target for Forest though, can easily afford him where as Wigan couldn't. Can see it happening.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Jan 2019 10:52

Old Man Andrews
genome

Blackett is a target for Forest though, can easily afford him where as Wigan couldn't. Can see it happening.

If we manage to rinse Forest for Blackett I would be very happy with this window. Also genome forgot our most successful player. John O'Shea to the rescue.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jan 2019 10:55

until he injures himself warming up again

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2019 11:05

Old Man Andrews
genome

We wouldn't have let Osho go if we were worried of being short at CB and will have been planned with Ilori going (will be a massive shock if he is here on Friday).

If we decide to sell Blackett, we may well try and do a last minute deal with the funds.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2019 13:10

genome

McShane should, and probably will, never play for us again. Likewise O'Shea who you didn't mention. McIntyre is still out isn't he?

That leaves very few options, one of whom should be playing LB - should Ilori go, which I'm unconvinced of.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Jan 2019 13:15

Snowflake Royal should Ilori go, which I'm unconvinced of.

he tweeted yesterday he was in Lisbon, he wouldn't have been allowed to go there if the club hadn't agreed a fee, it's more likely this will happen than not

215 posts