Is Kelly off?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Is Kelly off?

by Forbury Lion » 17 Jan 2019 14:01

Jagermesiter1871
Crowbar6753 Potential is there, he's good on the ball and has a wicked shot, but is far to inconsistent and lightweight. however, with a move he will probably prove us all wrong lol. Personally think he would make a good first division player at a good footballing side, Luton, Wycombe, Portsmouth etc..
As for a transfer fee, this is a tough one, a few years back i would have said $5 million on potential, now i guess $1 million at best?

Are we selling him to the MLS? If not why are you pricing everything in McDonalds notes? Plus the way we're going by March $1million will be about £50.
Otherway round surely? Otherwise I'm going to emigrate to the USA and live like a King.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Jan 2019 14:49

Forbury Lion
Jagermesiter1871
Crowbar6753 Potential is there, he's good on the ball and has a wicked shot, but is far to inconsistent and lightweight. however, with a move he will probably prove us all wrong lol. Personally think he would make a good first division player at a good footballing side, Luton, Wycombe, Portsmouth etc..
As for a transfer fee, this is a tough one, a few years back i would have said $5 million on potential, now i guess $1 million at best?

Are we selling him to the MLS? If not why are you pricing everything in McDonalds notes? Plus the way we're going by March $1million will be about £50.
Otherway round surely? Otherwise I'm going to emigrate to the USA and live like a King.

No I actually think brexit is going to be great for this country.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 17 Jan 2019 16:48

Hendo
Jagermesiter1871

I am guessing with his avatar being the Seattle Seahawks logo, he is probably in the st8s and might not have a £ on his keyboard?

Good eye Hendo, yep, my keyboard is lacking in the British Pound sign department lol. And GoHawks !!!!! also ifollow has really upped its game this year, and for anyone living across the pond you follows the mighty Ding, i really suggest you give it a try.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2019 21:28

Crowbar6753
Hendo
Jagermesiter1871

I am guessing with his avatar being the Seattle Seahawks logo, he is probably in the st8s and might not have a £ on his keyboard?

Good eye Hendo, yep, my keyboard is lacking in the British Pound sign department lol. And GoHawks !!!!! also ifollow has really upped its game this year, and for anyone living across the pond you follows the mighty Ding, i really suggest you give it a try.

As a Steelers fan, it was nice and easy to spot :wink:

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 18 Jan 2019 06:33

Jagermesiter1871
Forbury Lion
Jagermesiter1871

Eventually it will work, but initially it's going to be an awful headache. A pain in the arse.

Off topic but the only way to solve it is put a Brexit Tory in charge like Jacob Rees-Mogg or BoJo

The EU is ran like a company. You might as well put McDonald's on the front of it. Unelected so called Politicans although the EU as a concept is a great idea it's been neglected and run to the ground

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Jan 2019 08:15

Jagermesiter1871
Forbury Lion
Jagermesiter1871

Thinking doesn't appear to be your forte.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jan 2019 08:28

Why is Brexit being discussed here? Haven't we all had enough of it???? I come to the football threads as an escape from it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2019 09:12

Old Man Andrews Why is Brexit being discussed here? Haven't we all had enough of it???? I come to the football threads as an escape from it.

I blame Corbyn

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 18 Jan 2019 12:39

Kelly suffers from needing 3 extra touches before he can do anything.

He's too slow in his decision making.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 18 Jan 2019 14:47

LWJ Kelly suffers from needing 3 extra touches before he can do anything.

A young player doesn't lose ability overnight but they can lose confidence. No one said that about him in his first breakthrough season at all. He knew exactly what he wants to do with the ball and he still does.

His biggest issue is confidence. We've all been there ourselves. When we've been a bit low on confidence we begin to doubt the decisions we make and ultimately ourselves. He needs his confidence back and his decision making will be back to the way it was.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 18 Jan 2019 14:59

Ranty McRantface

A young player doesn't lose ability overnight but they can lose confidence. No one said that about him in his first breakthrough season at all. He knew exactly what he wants to do with the ball and he still does.

His biggest issue is confidence. We've all been there ourselves. When we've been a bit low on confidence we begin to doubt the decisions we make and ultimately ourselves. He needs his confidence back and his decision making will be back to the way it was.

No one said that about him in his first breakthrough season at all.

Yes, they did.

It's his biggest weakness and always has been. Thankfully in Stam's team he wanted the ball to be kept and played around with methodically. Hence why he was never found out until teams started pressing us higher and quicker.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Jan 2019 15:16

Ranty McRantface

Tbf I don't think I've seen LWJ or LW say many positive things about Kelly, even in his first season.

Guess we all just have players we take to and players that we don't.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 18 Jan 2019 16:30

Quick advanced search shows I've posted a couple of good points about him. :wink:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jan 2019 20:24

LWJ
Ranty McRantface

Yes, they did.

It's his biggest weakness and always has been. Thankfully in Stam's team he wanted the ball to be kept and played around with methodically. Hence why he was never found out until teams started pressing us higher and quicker.

I was certainly reserved about him for his first few games. Then liked him. Then thought he was shite. Now I'm a bit meh.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Jan 2019 20:34

NewCorkSeth
LWJ
Ranty McRantface

Yes, they did.

I was certainly reserved about him for his first few games. Then liked him. Then thought he was shite. Now I'm a bit meh.

I’ve never been keen but I do think his last few appearances have been better. He has certainly worked harder on the pitch.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2019 14:44

Any more heard on this. Not in the last 2 squads although remains training and JG said "It’s the same thing as when I talk about new players - in the right moment we will talk about the decisions but at the moment we can’t talk about it.”

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Jan 2019 17:15

Sutekh Any more heard on this. Not in the last 2 squads although remains training and JG said "It’s the same thing as when I talk about new players - in the right moment we will talk about the decisions but at the moment we can’t talk about it.”

Off to Plymouth this week apparently

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 22 Jan 2019 17:24

Wow - I hope this is a loan deal (for his sake)...and I hope they play to his strengths!

I'm very surprised

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2019 17:30

PistolPete Wow - I hope this is a loan deal (for his sake)...and I hope they play to his strengths!

I'm very surprised

Looking at the poster, I would be surprised as well :roll:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Jan 2019 17:40

Strangely Plymouth have been at war with another Liam Kelly
who apparently shoved a ball-boy over