Is Kelly off?

108 posts
paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Is Kelly off?

by paddy20 » 15 Jan 2019 10:57

After a great performance at Old Trafford a number of clubs are stated to be interested in him. He wasn't on the bench Saturday and surely he can't be injured again after one game. Thoughts?

Old Man Andrews

Re: Is Kelly off?

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2019 10:58

Who cares?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2019 11:00

Wouldn't be overly upset if he leaves.

I think he flatters to deceive a lot of the time and if a decent offer came in for him, probably a good idea to cash in.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 15 Jan 2019 11:02

Hendo Wouldn't be overly upset if he leaves.

I think he flatters to deceive a lot of the time and if a decent offer came in for him, probably a good idea to cash in.

Agreed

wiggso

by wiggso » 15 Jan 2019 11:13

Should go and play in Scotland

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Jan 2019 11:14

quite frankly I don't care if anyone goes. Except for Rinomhota.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2019 11:27

I think there is a very good chance he will be off (maybe loan though). Suspect Stam has already asked

He has some ability but unfortunately it often comes down to the fact he just doesn't have the physique to work at this level. He hasn't got enough of that footballing ability to make up for his lack of size and strength - which is where an athletic type like Rino, Bacuna or even Swift to an extent is nearly always going to be a better option

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2019 11:39

I think he firmly believes he is brilliant too. Turning down international football with the Republic of Ireland because he thought he could break into the England set up? Do me a favour. I think Stam blew a lot of smoke up his arse and it all went to his head.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 15 Jan 2019 11:47

Old Man Andrews I think he firmly believes he is brilliant too. Turning down international football with the Republic of Ireland because he thought he could break into the England set up? Do me a favour. I think Stam blew a lot of smoke up his arse and it all went to his head.

Except that's not true :roll:

He turned it down cos he didn't believe he was ready and/or fit enough - despite what the media reported

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2019 11:50

TBM
Old Man Andrews I think he firmly believes he is brilliant too. Turning down international football with the Republic of Ireland because he thought he could break into the England set up? Do me a favour. I think Stam blew a lot of smoke up his arse and it all went to his head.

He turned it down cos he didn't believe he was ready and/or fit enough - despite what the media reported

It is true. Think I'll believe a Reading employee over you no offence intended.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 15 Jan 2019 11:58

If be dissaponted if he left, but the truth is, he’s battling with too many players for one position.

A loan away to the right club would be my preference. A loan to the wrong club could set his career back years...

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 15 Jan 2019 12:01

Old Man Andrews
TBM

I think I believe Kelly himself over a Reading employee, no offence intended :D

He never said he was waiting for an England call up

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2019 12:04

TBM
Old Man Andrews
TBM

Of course he isn't going to admit to it, makes him sound arrogant. Was a young player who hit a rich vain of form and it went to his head, it happens. Stam played a style of football that suited Liam Kelly and we have all seen the drop off in his form in the last year.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 15 Jan 2019 12:05

Old Man Andrews
TBM
Old Man Andrews

Of course he isn't going to admit to it, makes him sound arrogant. Was a young player who hit a rich vain of form and it went to his head, it happens. Stam played a style of football that suited Liam Kelly and we have all seen the drop off in his form in the last year.

I know Kelly personally and won't go into the reasons but it was nothing to do with "waiting for an England call-up"

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2019 12:12

Would be interesting to see if we could tempt Chelsea with a bid for Baker at the end of the season as a replacement, if we got a decent wedge for Kelly.

Would see that as an upgrade.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2019 12:17

Hendo Would be interesting to see if we could tempt Chelsea with a bid for Baker at the end of the season as a replacement, if we got a decent wedge for Kelly.

Would see that as an upgrade.

Yep agreed. Think once Baker gets a regular run of games under his belt we will see he can do a bit better than us though. Just got to hope he enjoys his football and gets plenty of game time to at the very least ensure he wants to come back on loan next season.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Jan 2019 12:38

Would be a shame to lose a academy player however sentiment cant carry you forever.
If he were to be off, I personally dont think we should replace him unless it is for a genuine 1st team player. Sick of these can do a job midfielders coming in or foreign journeymen and never playing cos they're are dogshit.

Rather spend the money on a LB or CB instead.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Jan 2019 13:22

paddy20 After a great performance at Old Trafford

Flatters to deceive. Let's be honest. Pogba would have shown up all his weaknesses. Needs to drop a division.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2019 13:40

Lower West
paddy20 After a great performance at Old Trafford

Flatters to deceive. Let's be honest. Pogba would have shown up all his weaknesses. Needs to drop a division.

That's a bit of an irrelevant comment, whilst Kelly has been disappointing for a while now, he still looked better than the 40m Fred who everyone raved about when he joined United. Comparing him to Pogba is just ridiculous

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 15 Jan 2019 14:13

Often played as a defensive midfielder but not really suited to that. Better going forward as he has a good shot. Think it would have happened for him by now at Reading so new start might be what he needs

108 posts