Rumour - Mo Barrow

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Mo Barrow

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2019 18:58

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews If we got an offer of £2m and invested all of it in a hungrier, younger winger then I am all over it. It is all about the replacement for me, if we can't get someone in who is better than Barrow then what is the point?

If we can't find someone better than Barrow, then we're obviously not looking far, he's criminally overrated and absolutely atrocious 90% of the time. Started 15 games this season and scored 0 goals, with 1 goal off the bench, barely scored any at all in the whole of 2018 yet people treat him like he's untouchable. Baffling

Better for that sort of money will be hard. Would likely have to go down a league to get someone up and coming which I'm fine with.

Someone who puts in a bit of effort, supports his full back and stays in the right shape would be an improvement even if they're technically far weaker.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2019 19:00

genome
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews If we got an offer of £2m and invested all of it in a hungrier, younger winger then I am all over it. It is all about the replacement for me, if we can't get someone in who is better than Barrow then what is the point?

If we can't find someone better than Barrow, then we're obviously not looking far, he's criminally overrated and absolutely atrocious 90% of the time. Started 15 games this season and scored 0 goals, with 1 goal off the bench, barely scored any at all in the whole of 2018 yet people treat him like he's untouchable. Baffling

He's not been great this season, but he scored 10 goals and got 4 assists last season, which is great for a winger at this level. He almost won player of the season.

People have to understand that in the Championship, with wingers you will get pace and lack of consistency, or vice versa. If he had both then he would be playing in the Premier League.

I'll take consistency then please.

He had a productive first half of last season, which papered over his many defects. He's been useless since.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 30 Jan 2019 19:48

I go to watch football to be entertained. He is the only current Reading players where, when he gets on the ball and starts running at defences, the expectation in the crowd is audible.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Jan 2019 21:25

Armadillo Roadkill I go to watch football to be entertained. He is the only current Reading players where, when he gets on the ball and starts running at defences, the expectation in the crowd is audible.

The end product is far too often...............

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2019 22:02

Armadillo Roadkill I go to watch football to be entertained. He is the only current Reading players where, when he gets on the ball and starts running at defences, the expectation in the crowd is audible.

I go to watch Reading win preferably in an entertaining way.

Not watch Mo produce no goals and do oxf*rd all hard work.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 08:25

Snowflake Royal

Got a few crucial goals that kept us up last season Ian, forgotten about them? Not a fan of black players being singled out for being lazy Ian, Reading have plenty of lazy white players. Not saying thats your intention Ian but be careful how you phrase things.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 31 Jan 2019 08:45

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal

Got a few crucial goals that kept us up last season Ian, forgotten about them? Not a fan of black players being singled out for being lazy Ian, Reading have plenty of lazy white players. Not saying thats your intention Ian but be careful how you phrase things.

oxf*rd hell mate, if that is how you interpret that then maybe its you that has a problem.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 08:49

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal I go to watch Reading win preferably in an entertaining way.

oxf*rd hell mate, if that is how you interpret that then maybe its you that has a problem.

Happens a lot with Sterling and other black players, often labelled lazy by the media and pundits. Open your eyes, lots of casual racism in football.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Jan 2019 09:08

Problem is that, although he's improved a bit more in recent weeks, he barely runs at people anymore. Certainly not to the extent he did last season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 09:09

Hmm, much as any opportunity to criticise Ian is welcome, I don't think you've a leg to stand on there OMA - nothing racist in that comment

Bit of a tangent, but read an interesting article the other day about how media constantly referred to black players as 'strong, fast and athletic' rather than focus on passing ability, creativity etc. Was quite eye opening

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jan 2019 09:11

Ian may be a lot of things but I really don't think he's singling Barrow out for criticism because of his skin colour.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 09:12

Hound Hmm, much as any opportunity to criticise Ian is welcome, I don't think you've a leg to stand on there OMA - nothing racist in that comment

Bit of a tangent, but read an interesting article the other day about how media constantly referred to black players as 'strong, fast and athletic' rather than focus on passing ability, creativity etc. Was quite eye opening

Thats exactly what I said if you'd bother to read the post. I said that isn't what Ian is implying, I just said you have to be careful when using that sort of language to describe black players.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 09:13

From Despair To Where? Ian may be a lot of things but I really don't think he's singling Barrow out for criticism because of his skin colour.

Didn't say he was, read the post.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jan 2019 09:15

And I didn't say that you did but if you feel my post was directed at you, them I applaud your self reflection.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 31 Jan 2019 09:16, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 09:15

Just for the record I'm not saying Ian is being racist I am saying there is a trend of labelling black players as lazy or as Hound eluded to as just being good, strong athletes. The majority of our squad are lazy oxf*rd regardless of skin colour.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jan 2019 09:17

Why do feel the need to defend yourself so vehemently?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 09:19

From Despair To Where? Why do feel the need to defend yourself so vehemently?

Because I wouldn't want Ian thinking that I was accusing him of being racist. I disagree with him on every level when it comes to football but he isn't that. It is just courtesy to him that I make that clear. You wouldn't understand that though clearly.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jan 2019 09:22

But why even mention his skin colour? Ian makes a comment about Mo Barrow being lazy on a thread about Mo Barrow. It's a comment made within context about the subject of the thread with absolutely no inference or reference to his race. What's the big deal?
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 31 Jan 2019 09:25, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 09:25

From Despair To Where? But why even bring up his skin colour? Ian makes a comment about Mo Barrow being lazy on a thread about Mo Barrow. It's a comment made within context about the subject of the thread. What's the big deal?

Because I was making the point that the term "lazy" has been used a lot recently and in recent history to describe players who are black. This video explains what I mean better than I can describe it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WVazuggb6M

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 09:27