Chelsea transfer ban and our loanees

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Chelsea transfer ban and our loanees

by muirinho » 22 Feb 2019 10:15

Chelsea have been banned from buying players for the next two transfer windows. That may mean that their loanees will get more of a shot at playing for the first team - which reduces our chances of keeping Miazga, I would have thought.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Chelsea transfer ban and our loanees

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Feb 2019 10:19

Nonsense.

Have you seen how many first choice centre backs and midfielders they have?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Feb 2019 10:20

Still quite a few players ahead of both our loanees - plus what 48 players out on loan? I don't think the ban will have much impact on the futures of most loanees tbh.

Duffy

by Duffy » 22 Feb 2019 10:21

Personally I don't think it is anything to worry about from our perspective.

Chelsea currently have Luiz, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Ampadu, Tomori all of whom can play centre back and are ahead of Miazga in the pecking order.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Feb 2019 10:28

I see what you are both saying but (a) how many of the first choice players will they have after the summer if they don't get rid of Sarri, and (b), if there are less loan players to go around, we're likely to be further down the list.

Duffy

by Duffy » 22 Feb 2019 10:50

It won't affect this season any way. Whether Reading would have taken up the offer to sign Miaga and Baker or whether Chelsea would sell or the players would want to join is another question.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 22 Feb 2019 11:25

Duffy Personally I don't think it is anything to worry about from our perspective.

Chelsea currently have Luiz, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Ampadu, Tomori all of whom can play centre back and are ahead of Miazga in the pecking order.

Your forgetting Michael Hector............ :mrgreen:

Duffy

by Duffy » 22 Feb 2019 11:33

SWLR
Duffy Personally I don't think it is anything to worry about from our perspective.

Your forgetting Michael Hector............ :mrgreen:

I didn't. He's not really ahead of Miazga. So I didn't mention him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Feb 2019 12:25

Chelsea can have Baker back as far as I'm concerned.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 22 Feb 2019 15:00

I'm not convinced that will hamper our chances of signing Miazga at all.

There is also the possibility that a new rule around loans will be introduced next season that severely limits the number of players you can loan out too. A combination of these 2 rules and also the number of players a club can name for their Premier League squad will mean quite a lot (They have over 40 players out on loan!) would be rotting away. So they are more likely to sell those that are clearly not going to get a game for Chelsea whilst they still have value and have played for a club on loan recently.

Duffy

by Duffy » 22 Feb 2019 16:53

Ranty McRantface I'm not convinced that will hamper our chances of signing Miazga at all.

There is also the possibility that a new rule around loans will be introduced next season that severely limits the number of players you can loan out too. A combination of these 2 rules and also the number of players a club can name for their Premier League squad will mean quite a lot (They have over 40 players out on loan!) would be rotting away. So they are more likely to sell those that are clearly not going to get a game for Chelsea whilst they still have value and have played for a club on loan recently.

Is the Miazga loan with the option to buy then? Only I can't see us signing him should we go down.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 22 Feb 2019 17:31

Duffy
Ranty McRantface I'm not convinced that will hamper our chances of signing Miazga at all.

Is the Miazga loan with the option to buy then? Only I can't see us signing him should we go down.

That I don't know but I agree if we go down there would be no chance of him wanting to come here. Same for the others too.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Feb 2019 18:03

Villa scouting Miazga today.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Mar 2019 18:01

Interestingly I put up a similar thread before we loaned Miazga asking if there were any Chelsea players we should look at in the wake of this news.

Nobody suggested Miazga.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Mar 2019 18:02

Snowflake Royal Chelsea can have Baker back as far as I'm concerned.

I like his energy. He's vocal. But I can see him being a stop gap signing and unlikely to be a high priority.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Mar 2019 16:15

NewCorkSeth

I like his energy. He's vocal. But I can see him being a stop gap signing and unlikely to be a high priority.

Perhaps he could go and hold down a regular place at MK Dons?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Mar 2019 16:26

John Smith
NewCorkSeth

Perhaps he could go and hold down a regular place at MK Dons?

I dunno. What's the scope on MK Dons midfield these days?

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1