Speculation - Players From The Relegated Trio

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Speculation - Players From The Relegated Trio

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2019 13:19

parky
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Pog was a free who scored 24 league goals for the club making him something like our 8th highest championship scorer. Its not his fault we paid him so much.

No, he had no say in his wages. :roll:

Also, that's not even correct. He scored 19 Championship goals, not 24. Five of his league goals were in the Premier League.

Kitson, Doyle, Forster, Long, Le Fondre, NHunt, Sidwell, Morley all scored more than 24 tier 2 goals for us just off the top of my head.

Hell, Church scored more Championship goals than he actually got.

Pog is our 7th best Premier League scorer of ALL Time!

Doyle, Kitson, Le Fondre, HRK, Harper, Kebe?

Basildon

by Basildon » 01 May 2019 13:29

Snowflake Royal
parky
Snowflake Royal No, he had no say in his wages. :roll:

Also, that's not even correct. He scored 19 Championship goals, not 24. Five of his league goals were in the Premier League.

Kitson, Doyle, Forster, Long, Le Fondre, NHunt, Sidwell, Morley all scored more than 24 tier 2 goals for us just off the top of my head.

Hell, Church scored more Championship goals than he actually got.

Pog is our 7th best Premier League scorer of ALL Time!

Doyle, Kitson, Le Fondre, HRK, Harper, Kebe?

I reckon Stephen Hunt will be up there, maybe for HRK

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2019 13:33

I'm banking on Lita filling his boots with cup goals. SHunt is a good call. Ki-him might be up there.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 May 2019 14:34

Snowflake Royal I'm banking on Lita filling his boots with cup goals. SHunt is a good call. Ki-him might be up there.

I thought we were talking strictly league goals?

Basildon

by Basildon » 01 May 2019 14:41

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal I'm banking on Lita filling his boots with cup goals. SHunt is a good call. Ki-him might be up there.

Think that's what he means, Lita obvs got a lot of goals while we were in the prem but a lot of them were in the cup.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 May 2019 16:48

John Smith
Snowball Other Champ clubs would fancy McNulty, Kelly, Gunter, Jaakola, Blackett, Richards
No they wouldn't but please if you know any get on the phone and let them know.

Snowy, we were almost relegated. From the 3 clubs that did get relegated, we've only identified 2 players on this thread that we might be interested in (Ajayi and Vaulks). And yet Champ clubs would fancy 6 of our players that you identified (plus, any other players of our's too)? In short, I'm not sure Champ clubs would fancy them all that much really. (Yes, Wigan - one of the worst clubs in Champ this season - were interested in Blackett. For about 400K.)

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 May 2019 17:32

Denver Royal
John Smith
Snowball Other Champ clubs would fancy McNulty, Kelly, Gunter, Jaakola, Blackett, Richards

Snowy, we were almost relegated. From the 3 clubs that did get relegated, we've only identified 2 players on this thread that we might be interested in (Ajayi and Vaulks). And yet Champ clubs would fancy 6 of our players that you identified (plus, any other players of our's too)? In short, I'm not sure Champ clubs would fancy them all that much really. (Yes, Wigan - one of the worst clubs in Champ this season - were interested in Blackett. For about 400K.)

not just players at a nearly relegated club, but players who couldn't get a game at a nearly relegated club....

Will need mega powers of persuasion, along with definite cooperation from the players themselves, to move any of them on tbh. At least Jaakkola is out of contract.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 May 2019 17:39

There’d be takers for all of those players. Just not nec Champ clubs, or ones who would be willing to spend any money on them. Could well be a lot of loans happening with us paying some of their wage, as alluded to by Gomes

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 May 2019 17:55

Denver Royal
John Smith

Shall we wait and see?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2019 19:30

Basildon
NewCorkSeth

Think that's what he means, Lita obvs got a lot of goals while we were in the prem but a lot of them were in the cup.

Yeah, because I didn't list him. Very badly phrased on my part.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2019 19:32

Snowball
Denver Royal
John Smith No they wouldn't but please if you know any get on the phone and let them know.

Shall we wait and see?

Generally wise,but I don't fancy your chances of being proved right.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 May 2019 19:59

Snowball
Denver Royal
John Smith No they wouldn't but please if you know any get on the phone and let them know.

Shall we wait and see?

Why didn't you do that yourself before you posted? Maybe cos many threads/posts in here are speculative anyway?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 May 2019 20:21

Lita had that great run when Doyle was injured, will definitely have our scores Pog.

Seol only scored three but two of them were worldies.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 May 2019 06:13

SCIAG

Lita had that great run when Doyle was injured, will definitely have our scores Pog.

Yeah, the headers against Charlton and Blackburn were top drawer. :wink:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 May 2019 18:59

Completely forgot about Blackburn. D'oh. Four goals.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 May 2019 10:16

They were both superb headers though.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 08 May 2019 14:55

Josh Vela - A couple of years ago he was being touted for a bigger career and he is out of contract this summer.

Could be a great bargain given that he is at the peak of his career and also with the FFP aspect of the deal it makes sense too. If we can't get Baker back I think he would be a good alternative

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 08 May 2019 15:17

Vela isn't that good?!

Would Nick Powell be a good replacement for Swift if we cashed in? His wages may go high though as someone on a free.

Ben Wiles, if we could knick him for cheap, would be another excellent punt.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 08 May 2019 18:17

Luke Chambers on a free from Ipswich could be reasonable CB cover.
Also agree with getting Nick Powell from Wigan on a free and flogging swift to raise some cash.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 10 May 2019 15:30

SCIAG

I remember seeing Lita score two at the Ethiad. Those were the days... 8)