Re: transfer deadline day thread

by Hound » 01 Sep 2023 20:21

Rumours of Etete and Kilkenny still knocking about

God knows how reliable the account is

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2023 20:28

Clyde1998 https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/01/dom-ballard-seals-loan-move-to-join-ruben-s-ranks/

Set to make the reverse move is talented 16-year-old midfielder Thierry Rohart-Brown who we can confirm we have accepted an offer for in exchange for an undisclosed fee from Southampton.

Upon completion of that move, we would like to wish Thierry the very best of luck in his future career.

Money in is good

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 01 Sep 2023 20:36

Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998 https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/01/dom-ballard-seals-loan-move-to-join-ruben-s-ranks/

Set to make the reverse move is talented 16-year-old midfielder Thierry Rohart-Brown who we can confirm we have accepted an offer for in exchange for an undisclosed fee from Southampton.

Upon completion of that move, we would like to wish Thierry the very best of luck in his future career.

Money in is good

Three years on Southampton sell him for 10 million

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2023 20:39

Shrug.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Sep 2023 20:57

Another signing incoming. Club Twitter just posted a teaser

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Sep 2023 21:00

Left back Clinton mola confimred

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Sep 2023 21:03

Don’t know much about this chap

Any way we can still shift on Holmes and co after the window? Bar Saudi there isn’t really is there?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Sep 2023 23:17

Orion1871
Hound Senga loaned to Ayr til Jan

Random

Whilst the standard in the Scottish Championship isn't great (League 2), teams in that league do at least try to play decent football so he's less likely to get kicked all over the place. Ayr were one of the better teams in that league last year.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 02 Sep 2023 03:12

Considering our current plight and being a basket case of a club lol :D that was a pretty impressive transfer window by all accounts!!
Bowen, Selles & Co have put together a team full of young hungry players who are happy and able to try and play an attractive brand of fast flowing football, plus utilizing our Academy to its fullest.

All this is a total Night and Day to last seasons turgid Pince ball which was offered up week in week out.

We will lose a fair few of these players in the near future, however that is how we have to operate moving forward to stabilize the club.

Bowen may well have dug Dai out of a bit of a hole and he may just survive against all odds!!

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Sep 2023 04:43

From Despair To Where?
Orion1871

Random

Whilst the standard in the Scottish Championship isn't great (League 2), teams in that league do at least try to play decent football so he's less likely to get kicked all over the place. Ayr were one of the better teams in that league last year.

It's not really a comment on Ayr or Scottish football. It just seems a bit random to send a young lad all the way there for a deal that lasts until January.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 02 Sep 2023 05:35

Orion1871
From Despair To Where?
Orion1871
Random

It's not really a comment on Ayr or Scottish football. It just seems a bit random to send a young lad all the way there for a deal that lasts until January.

I'm guessing he'll get regular football there, even if it's a bit of a left field deal. That may have been the strongest league where he'd get regular first team football; a full season probably would've made more sense. I do wonder he was initially thought to be closer to the first team than he's actually ended up being and Ayr was the only club who was willing to to take him on loan this late in the window.

I'm guessing his role at the club (for the rest of the season) will be reassessed near the loan's expiry. He could get his loan at Ayr extended, loaned elsewhere (ideally a higher level if he performs well at Ayr), returned to our U21s or start to be integrated into the first team.

I'd say the the Scottish Championship is roughly English League Two quality (maybe lower League One at the top end). It's the right sort of level for him to test himself at.

Either way, he'll no doubt learn more going to Ayr for a few months than he'd learn from playing for our U21s, with the odd EFL Trophy appearance thrown in. Especially as he'd probably our seventh strongest CM: obviously behind Elliott, Savage, Wing and Hutch and probably behind Rushesha and Craig from the performances this season.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 02 Sep 2023 07:11

Have the club issued the usual statement about their business in this window being done? It was most probably twitter bollox but someone was saying that we weren’t trying to get a very late deal done for Kilkenny. I’m sure a few years ago that we announced about 3 players after the window had closed due to a holdup with their paperwork.

I am very happy with our business, in this window, but I don’t think this young squad will get us promoted this season. However, the future looks better in terms of Selles trying to give us an identity, along with the first team and u21s playing the same brand of football. Let’s just hope we get some new investment and Dai doesn’t oxf*rd up anymore.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 02 Sep 2023 07:23

Crowbar6753 Considering our current plight and being a basket case of a club lol :D that was a pretty impressive transfer window by all accounts!!
Bowen, Selles & Co have put together a team full of young hungry players who are happy and able to try and play an attractive brand of fast flowing football, plus utilizing our Academy to its fullest.

All this is a total Night and Day to last seasons turgid Pince ball which was offered up week in week out.

We will lose a fair few of these players in the near future, however that is how we have to operate moving forward to stabilize the club.

Bowen may well have dug Dai out of a bit of a hole and he may just survive against all odds!!

I agree.

Letting both Carroll and Bouzanis go; we’re the right decisions too.

Being an optimist, I would like to think that perhaps Dai/Pang are learning to appoint and listen to the right people and having Bowen and Carey in place and a coach who wants to play a particular, exciting style of play - and who is discerning in his selection for the right reasons - the bounce (or at least the potential for it) may be underway.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Sep 2023 07:59

The Green Programme
Crowbar6753 Considering our current plight and being a basket case of a club lol :D that was a pretty impressive transfer window by all accounts!!

I agree.

Letting both Carroll and Bouzanis go; we’re the right decisions too.

Being an optimist, I would like to think that perhaps Dai/Pang are learning to appoint and listen to the right people and having Bowen and Carey in place and a coach who wants to play a particular, exciting style of play - and who is discerning in his selection for the right reasons - the bounce (or at least the potential for it) may be underway.

Still got NGW and Holmes left too, be interesting to see if they reappear in the matchday squads or not now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Sep 2023 08:04

Think if they show they can adapt they'll get back in the squad. NGW could do a reverse Murty and shift from full back to a more attacking position.

Be interesting if Holmes gets minutes in the PL2 to see if he can play as needed.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 02 Sep 2023 09:51

Royal_jimmy Still probably a striker light but pleased he has signed

Signed two today , how many more would you like ?
We now have Ehibhatiomhan, Smith, Vickers, Ballard, Wareham, Jamari Clarke.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Sep 2023 10:10

72 bus
Royal_jimmy Still probably a striker light but pleased he has signed

Signed two today , how many more would you like ?
We now have Ehibhatiomhan, Smith, Vickers, Ballard, Wareham, Jamari Clarke.

1) Vickers is not a striker, he's an attacking midfielder/wide forward.

2) Wareham is an U21 signing

3) Clarke is injury prone

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2023 10:18

Wareham isn’t nec a signing just for the u21

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 02 Sep 2023 10:32

Ji-Min Lee on Twitter -

Senga on his loan move to Ayr United: “[Ruben] called me, he told me it’d be good for me. He played with the gaffer here. He said he’s a great guy, you’ll learn a lot from him, and he likes you a lot.”

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 02 Sep 2023 10:35

Hound Wareham isn’t nec a signing just for the u21

Think this confusion comes from last year's embargo where we had a limited first team size/budget so we signing players specifically for the under 21s so they didn't count towards the limits