Udo Nwoko, SSN state he will be signing

293 posts
howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 16 Jan 2008 21:53

Any way it doesn't really matter if Nwoko and kebab do sign, we wont bloody see them, overseas players and the clubs policy of starving them of opportunities and, waiting for them to grow old gracefully in the reserves will see to that. I really dont understand why we buy these players it is doing us as a club and them as individuals no good at all. I suppose the bonus is that they are "new blood" so most on here will be happy that we are in the transfer market, and more importantly, much more importantly they are cheap, another legacy that this premiership time will be remembered for.

Pants of Primus

by Pants of Primus » 16 Jan 2008 22:04

he's my new favourite player.

uuuuuuuu-do!

uuuuuuuu-do!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-dooooooooo!

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 16 Jan 2008 22:14

LOLZ

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 16 Jan 2008 22:55

reminds me of Lua Lua :) - and Mass Sarr :shock:

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 17 Jan 2008 05:15

Stranded Here's a novel idea - let's wait and see what the bloke is like before we right him off shall we?

psh, give someone a chance???
......wheres the sport in that

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2008 08:06

The whole year inn
Ian Royal
Alan Partridge
Woodcote Royal
Drew_3 Am I the only one who feels worse by this news, rather than bouyed by it?

I very much doubt it.

The cries of "No ambition!!" that reverberated through the fan base on the day we signed Dave Kitson said everything about "informed" opinion within our ranks.....................

LOL @ harpig on about Kitson's signing.

Why not use Fae, Cisse, Mate or Bennett?

Oh...

:D :wink:

Bennett low risk, low cost for the future
Mate low risk, low cost for the future ruined by horrible injury
Cisse fairly low cost, for the future showing a few signs of promise now.
Fae fair point

Other than Fae, thats a crap example.

Incase it had escapes your notice, this relegation battle is happening now.

Not sure the Premier League will give us 18 months for our signings to look like doing anything worthwhile

You make two very valid points - it really is a shame that the club's management (team and business) don't read HNA, they might finally realise!!

stl_royal
Stranded Here's a novel idea - let's wait and see what the bloke is like before we right him off shall we?

psh, give someone a chance???
......wheres the sport in that

Based on past overseas signings (Ireland not counting in this context) we will have to wait a long time to see what he's like - the reason? SC won't give him the chance!!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Jan 2008 08:31

RoyalBlue
Based on past overseas signings (Ireland not counting in this context) we will have to wait a long time to see what he's like - the reason? SC won't give him the chance!!

Alternatively perhaps like all signings he has to earn the chance to play by what he does on the training pitch.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 17 Jan 2008 08:43

Vision
RoyalBlue

Alternatively perhaps like all signings he has to earn the chance to play by what he does on the training pitch.

Purely hypothetical as NOT confirmed as a definite signing (thank God) and Chronicle reports Royals not interested (if you believe them).

Plenty of other good experienced players available--if only we started to pay some reallistic wages!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Jan 2008 10:24

It really does make me laugh how some people on here are moaning before they have seen him kick a ball, just because he is not an 'established' premiership player does not mean he will not be a success, and tbh i would rather we went out and signed these interesting youngsters than waste money on lumps like Kuqi (a supposed experienced prem player) and Savage

Man Utd just signed someone nobody heard of in Manucho, so we are not the only club

Finally, i am quite sure that Mcdermott and Hammond know more about the player by watching him than some of the people on here think they do by looking at wikipedia :roll: :roll: :roll:

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 17 Jan 2008 10:26

To be honest he looks skilful & quick in his youtube clip.
Whether he can switch that to Premiership standard is another matter. Time will tellI guess.........if we actually sign him.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 17 Jan 2008 10:30

winchester_royal Finally, i am quite sure that Mcdermott and Hammond know more about the player by watching him than some of the people on here think they do by looking at wikipedia :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ah yes, but when you combine the information on Wikipedia with the evidence that can be found on Football manager, you have a very powerful scouting tool. :wink:

That is if this guy is actually on Football Manager. Which he's probably not.

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 17 Jan 2008 10:39

79Royal
winchester_royal Finally, i am quite sure that Mcdermott and Hammond know more about the player by watching him than some of the people on here think they do by looking at wikipedia :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ah yes, but when you combine the information on Wikipedia with the evidence that can be found on Football manager, you have a very powerful scouting tool. :wink:

That is if this guy is actually on Football Manager. Which he's probably not.

yes because football manager is just like real life but in the pc. :lol:

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 17 Jan 2008 10:43

Fezza
Tilehurst End When would we lose him to the "poxy little island nations with crap football teams cup" ?

Did England fail to qualify again?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tankman
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tankman » 17 Jan 2008 10:48

A new Portuguese colleague of mine is a freelance journalist (in his spare time) for World Soccer Magazine and unlike most of the people hereabouts he has actually seen Nwoko play against Benfica (and score!). Reckons he would fit in with the Premiership being very strong on the ball, puts himself about and has an aggressive style - so he sounds like quite a traditional English-style centre forward.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Jan 2008 10:55

How come this is in the team section when it's not yet been confirmed on the OS?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Jan 2008 11:02

Huntley & Palmer If of course this turns out to be another player/agent spouting off then I will move it back to UR&G

HTH

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 17 Jan 2008 11:05

Platypuss
Huntley & Palmer If of course this turns out to be another player/agent spouting off then I will move it back to UR&G

HTH

It would appear that it is still rumour and gossip though. Shouldn't have been moved until it was official. HTH. :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2008 11:29

Vision
RoyalBlue

Given our current predicament, any signings we make need to be able demonstrate that ability on the training pitch in very short timescales. The starting 11 needs strengthening now. We can not afford to merely sign more players who take a long time to show (or never show) on the training pitch that they have the required ability to strengthen that starting 11.

sonkoissuperman

by sonkoissuperman » 17 Jan 2008 11:42

Steve Coppell has made Malta midfielder Udo Nwoko Reading's second signing of the transfer window after agreeing a £550,000 deal.

Nwoko, 23, joins Reading from Portuguese side Leixoes on a three-year contract after passing a medical at the Madejski Stadium on Wednesday.

daily mail website

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 17 Jan 2008 11:42

sonkoissuperman Steve Coppell has made Malta midfielder Udo Nwoko Reading's second signing of the transfer window after agreeing a £550,000 deal.

Nwoko, 23, joins Reading from Portuguese side Leixoes on a three-year contract after passing a medical at the Madejski Stadium on Wednesday.

daily mail website

I suspect they also read HNA...!

293 posts