RUMOUR - Marlon King Coming?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 Jan 2008 13:27

Platypuss
Coppelled Streets a fat arsed striker that has never overly impressed at Championship level, let alone Premiership.

Yep, completely fluked being Championship top scorer in 2005/6 and his contribution in no way helped Watford get promotion.

Yet again:

CoppeLOLLOLed StROFLeets :lol:

Remember, Jay, that it's better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth (or in this case type something) and remove all doubt.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 18 Jan 2008 13:30

T.R.O.L.I.
Platypuss
Coppelled Streets a fat arsed striker that has never overly impressed at Championship level, let alone Premiership.

Yep, completely fluked being Championship top scorer in 2005/6 and his contribution in no way helped Watford get promotion.

Yet again:

CoppeLOLLOLed StROFLeets :lol:

Remember, Jay, that it's better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth (or in this case type something) and remove all doubt.

I don't rate him, like I don't rate Healy but of course he's going to rock the Premiership!!

I'm quite happy having my say even if it is risiculed.

King is a very expensive waste of money, but will be ideal IF FuLOLham go down.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Jan 2008 14:07

Coppelled Streets
Platypuss

One season makes a striker Premier class does it?

Can you not even remember what you wrote even when it's quoted in the same post?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Jan 2008 14:10

Coppelled Streets
Stranded
Coppelled Streets
Royalwaster
Coppelled Streets FuLOLham.

Not proven at this level but a decent Championship striker. Never worth what they paid.

Disagree - I think he's exactly what Fulham need. Anyway, the whole 'unproven' argument is a bit vacuous. Ronaldo was unproven before he joined ManUtd - would you have said they made a mistake to sign him?

United's bank balance suggests they can afford to pay such fee's and gamble, we can't.

Haven't you been pushing for us to do just that over the last few weeks albeit on a slightly smaller scale?

I want to see us match the ambition we talk of, but never suggested anything about gambling that sort of money on a fat arsed striker that has never overly impressed at Championship level, let alone Premiership.

AP, watch the Healy/King partnership goooooooooooooo.

Good players, at good fees.

I'd rather spend £2.5million for someone who NEVER plays before going to the ANC. Cracking business.

I don't need to defend Marlon King's signing. Fulham needed a goalscorer in their price range, they've got one. Good for them.

Healy has the same amount of goals as Doyle this season, so God knows that must make Doyle a wretched player.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 19 Jan 2008 08:00

I think most people are wondering why one of the best goalscorers Internationally in Europe cannot translate that to domestic football.

That's the question.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 19 Jan 2008 10:51

Transfer now in doubt as King fails the medical.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2008 11:50

As mentioned before - King battered us before particulary when he played for Gillingham and likewise for Watford.

More than happy to see him here...with better knees of course.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 19 Jan 2008 17:29

I'd be disappointed if we spent 5m there rather than in places where we're a bit needier, though.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 19 Jan 2008 19:58

Royalwaster Ronaldo was unproven before he joined ManUtd

Hello? What?

He had been talked up for ages as one of the best young players in Europe and was playing regularly for one of the best teams in a good league.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Jan 2008 21:44

soggy biscuit

Hello? What?

He had been talked up for ages as one of the best young players in Europe and was playing regularly for one of the best teams in a good league.

Personally I would have gone down the "How can a 17 year old be proven, exactly" route but then again, United spent £12 million on the lad. He's hardly going to be rubbish.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Jan 2008 21:44

soggy biscuit

Hello? What?

Personally I would have gone down the "How can a 17 year old be proven, exactly" route but then again, United spent £12 million on the lad. He's hardly going to be rubbish.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Marlon King Coming?

by Focher » 23 Jan 2008 18:27

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 24 Jan 2008 01:35

Oh dear, FuLOLham can have him. Seriously guys and girls, why d'we want another striker, when we have overloaded ourselves with them?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 24 Jan 2008 08:05

mzungu_royal Oh dear, FuLOLham can have him. Seriously guys and girls, why d'we want another striker, when we have overloaded ourselves with them?

What?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Jan 2008 09:11

Rawlie19
mzungu_royal Oh dear, FuLOLham can have him. Seriously guys and girls, why d'we want another striker, when we have overloaded ourselves with them?

What?

Lol you've done this to him in all his responses.

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 24 Jan 2008 09:17

LoyalRoyalFan
Rawlie19

What?

What?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 24 Jan 2008 11:03

Royal We
LoyalRoyalFan
Rawlie19 What?

What?

Eh?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 25 Jan 2008 11:06

Strong rumours that he will now be going to Wigan.

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 25 Jan 2008 22:20

Platypuss Strong rumours that he will now be going to Wigan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 194713.stm

Confirmed

Striker King makes Wigan switch

King joined Watford in 2005 from Nottingham Forest
Watford striker Marlon King has signed for Premiership strugglers Wigan after his proposed move to Fulham broke down.
Reports claimed that the Fulham move fell through after he failed a medical, a move denied by the player.

So Wigan boss Steve Bruce nipped in to sign King, 27, who scored 37 goals in 82 starts for Watford since joining from Nottingham Forest in 2005.

"He's a proven finisher who gives us a a different kind of goal-scoring threat. It's tremendous," said Bruce.

Watford had already turned down two offers from Fulham for the 27-year-old, who missed much of last season with a knee injury but has scored 11 goals this season.

Regarding Fulham, King said: "I went down, had a long medical and for some reason there was a hitch.

"I think the two clubs were trying to renegotiate the fee, it had nothing to do with me, but when I picked up the papers I see I had failed a medical!

"I know my body is 110%. I didn't fail a medical. I've been playing for a season and a half now and scoring goals - nothing has changed.

"As far as I'm concerned and Wigan are concerned, I didn't fail a medical. I had a medical at Wigan and everything went smoothly, so I decided to make the switch.

"I was speaking to Fulham for the last week and a half, I came down to get things sorted out and for whatever reason it didn't happen.

"Steve Bruce made it clear he wanted me here and I am a Wigan player now."