RUMOUR - Doyle to Villa

StevenKelliher

RUMOUR - Doyle to Villa

by StevenKelliher » 06 Jan 2008 21:59

I´ve just seen this under the transfer talk column on sky sports.I´m not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, so please feel free to Dodd me if it has.

Alan Campbell (Tamworth fan) says...
ASTON VILLA NEWS : There are two new signings to be announced at Villa Park by Wednesday 9th Jan. Aston Villa will confirm the signing of Kevin Doyle from Reading on a four & half year contract, It would have been completed last Thursday, however, Reading manager Steve Coppell is yet to decide whether he wants Villa's Luke Moore as part of the deal or straight cash (which is 6.5M) he won't play against his former team though as Aston Villa face Reading in their next fixture. Secondly Giles Barnes will sign (not too sure on length of Contract / or fee) but he will definitely be available to face Reading at Villa Park 12/01/08. Martin O'Neill is playing the waiting game with Porto over Jose Boswinga as Aston Villa were told in the last window to come back in Jan with a bid and although Porto are reluctant to sell they realise the player's contract is running down and theres little or no chance of him signing a new one, Villa will get there man however, this may have to wait until 30 / 31st of January at a cost of 8M. Villa also set to go for two more (as yet my informant at Villa Park is yet to furnish me with these details) but as soon as I receive them I will post on this message board.

I hope that this is not true and just another stupid rumour. To let Doyle go abd replace him with Moore would be a poor choice IMHO.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 06 Jan 2008 22:04

It's what Steven would have wanted.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 06 Jan 2008 22:24

LOLOLOLOLOL

It's not even on the "Paper Talk" section, but the trash made up by randoms.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Doyle to Villa

by readingbedding » 07 Jan 2008 06:35

StevenKelliher I´ve just seen this under the transfer talk column on sky sports.I´m not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, so please feel free to Dodd me if it has.

ASTON VILLA NEWS : There are two new signings to be announced at Villa Park by Wednesday 9th Jan. Aston Villa will confirm the signing of Kevin Doyle from Reading on a four & half year contract, It would have been completed last Thursday, however, Reading manager Steve Coppell is yet to decide whether he wants Villa's Luke Moore as part of the deal or straight cash (which is 6.5M) he won't play against his former team though as Aston Villa face Reading in their next fixture. Secondly Giles Barnes will sign (not too sure on length of Contract / or fee) but he will definitely be available to face Reading at Villa Park 12/01/08. Martin O'Neill is playing the waiting game with Porto over Jose Boswinga as Aston Villa were told in the last window to come back in Jan with a bid and although Porto are reluctant to sell they realise the player's contract is running down and theres little or no chance of him signing a new one, Villa will get there man however, this may have to wait until 30 / 31st of January at a cost of 8M. Villa also set to go for two more (as yet my informant at Villa Park is yet to furnish me with these details) but as soon as I receive them I will post on this message board.

I hope that this is not true and just another stupid rumour. To let Doyle go abd replace him with Moore would be a poor choice IMHO.

Cock

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 07 Jan 2008 07:57

BLOLoody hell that is a load to BoLOLLOLox

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 07 Jan 2008 08:59

An unsubtle attempt to unsettle the team pre the Villa match?

79Royal

by 79Royal » 07 Jan 2008 09:53

Sky Sports transfer talk column is almost as bad as Football Rumours.

If something was imminent in terms of players leaving the club, Hammond wouldn't have said that we won't lose anyone in January only last week. That's not to say that an offer won't come in that will be too good to refuse, but Nicky would look pretty stupid if Doyle did leave and it was on the cards last week.

Or would he...

StevenKelliher

by StevenKelliher » 07 Jan 2008 10:15

readingbedding
StevenKelliher I´ve just seen this under the transfer talk column on sky sports.I´m not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, so please feel free to Dodd me if it has.

Cock

Cheers for that mate.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 07 Jan 2008 10:19

Just another rehash of the Doyle to Villa rumour made up by a Royals fan last January.

There is far less chance of this happening than Doyle to Chelsea!! :D

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 07 Jan 2008 11:09

£6.5m? Joke. £6.5m PLUS Luke Moore maybe closer to the bid. Anywho, be surprised if it happened.
Last edited by Rawlie19 on 07 Jan 2008 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 07 Jan 2008 11:11

andrew1957 Just another rehash of the Doyle to Villa rumour made up by a Royals fan last January.

First made up on the M6 on the way to Wigan last August by a certain Mr Angry...

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Jan 2008 11:17

Rawlie19 £6.5m? Joke. £6.5m PLUS Luke Young maybe closer to the bid. Anywho, be surprised if it happened.

Why would Villa throw a Middlesbrough player in to the deal?

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 07 Jan 2008 11:18

Wycombe Royal
Rawlie19 £6.5m? Joke. £6.5m PLUS Luke Young maybe closer to the bid. Anywho, be surprised if it happened.

Because they can, OK! :lol:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Jan 2008 11:21

Biggest. Load. Of. Cobblers. Ever.

(well since the last biggest load of cobblers and the next biggest load of cobblers).

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Jan 2008 11:31

FFS - this was rubbish 12 months ago and its rubbish now!

Why don't these mongs get a life?

At least the schools are going back soon, so we will be spared this sort of rubbish for 5 days of the week.........

:roll:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 07 Jan 2008 11:35

Mr Angry FFS - this was rubbish 12 months ago and its rubbish now!

At least the schools are going back soon, so we will be spared this sort of rubbish for 5 days of the week.........

Calm down dear - just bask in the glory of knowing some tripe you invented 16 months ago is still going strong :lol:

StevenKelliher

by StevenKelliher » 07 Jan 2008 11:47

On my behalf, i didn´t know that it was someone of this site that made it up. I just saw it and hoped it wasn´t true. I mean, nothing in football would suprise me now.

Mong? I, and most of my regiment would agree with you on that.

Back to school? It would be nice, but HM wants me in the Falklands so that will have to wait a bit.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 07 Jan 2008 11:51

Wycombe Royal

Ah yes, meant Luke Moore. Simple mistake. Me, I'm the simple one.

Daniella

by Daniella » 07 Jan 2008 12:13

StevenKelliher

On my behalf, i didn´t know that it was someone of this site that made it up. I just saw it and hoped it wasn´t true. I mean, nothing in football would suprise me now.

Back to school? It would be nice, but HM wants me in the Falklands so that will have to wait a bit.

Keep up the good work mate, Rule Britannia.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Jan 2008 12:45

StevenKelliher

Actually, I was having a go at the individual who posted the original content.

Nevertheless, enjoy your 6 months with the penguins and the sheep!

:wink: