RUMOUR - Luke Moore

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

RUMOUR - Luke Moore

by Geekins » 16 Jan 2008 16:32

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 20,00.html

Martin O'Neill has played down reports that Reading have made a bid for Luke Moore.

The 21-year-old is growing increasingly frustrated at Villa Park after sinking down the striking pecking order this term.

Villa have taken up an option on Moore, despite the fact he rejected a new deal.

Reading have now been linked to Moore, who has previously attracted interest from the likes of Middlesbrough and Bolton.

Options

But when asked about possible interest from the Thames Valley outfit O'Neill said: "That is news to me.

"As I have said before I would prefer to keep people here, if at all possible, because we don't have a massive squad.

"I can understand people maybe wanting to play but I'll treat every case on its merit."

O'Neill admitted that something could be done as regards Moore if a 'suitable' offer came in.

"If there are things that I think are going to be suitable for us, and for the player to be fair, then I will try and do it," he said.

"It really has to be a two-way thing."

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 16 Jan 2008 16:33

beat me to it by a minute!

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 16 Jan 2008 16:33

If they are signing this Mali dude I can't see us going for Moore as well.?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Jan 2008 16:35

West Stand Flash If they are signing this Mali dude I can't see us going for Moore as well.?

Mali fella is a midfielder?

Moore - striker.

Says to me is

Press see Lita stories - Reading lose striker

Reading need striker

Luke Moore unhappy at Villa

Unhappy striker + club that may need one soon = (non) story.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 16 Jan 2008 17:48

Luke Moore > Leroy Lita though.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 16 Jan 2008 17:48

Drew_3 beat me to it by a minute!

:wink:

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 16 Jan 2008 21:37

Sort of player we should be signing, not these dodgy foreigners.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Jan 2008 22:02

papereyes Luke Moore > Leroy Lita though.

Oh God yes.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 17 Jan 2008 07:30

Now we is talking.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 17 Jan 2008 07:45

papereyes Luke Moore > Leroy Lita though.

..and some!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 17 Jan 2008 08:02

Both (18 goals in 65 games) Lita and (14 goals in 84 matches) Luke Moore may need a change of scenery to get back into the groove.

A decent bid would probably allow both Lita and Moore to leave.

Certainly both players have shown that they know where the net is.

Bit strange that people are saying that Moore would be a better striker than Lita though.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 18 Jan 2008 07:51

The Metro seem to think it's a done deal. Villa need to offload in order to raise the funds to get Defoe.

Fingers crossed.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Jan 2008 08:03

Will only happen if we shift Lita or another striker. SC has said countless times he is not interested in signing strikers at this point in time.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 Jan 2008 09:07

Barry the bird boggler Will only happen if we shift Lita or another striker. SC has said countless times he is not interested in signing strikers at this point in time.

But if you look at his comments about Cox in the press conference, that's a bit ambiguous - when asked about whether Cox would be allowed to leave, he said something along the lines of: "Let's look what happens in the transfer window" - that would suggest to me that if we sign another striker, Cox will definitely be surplus to requirements.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Jan 2008 09:11

Royalwaster
Barry the bird boggler Will only happen if we shift Lita or another striker. SC has said countless times he is not interested in signing strikers at this point in time.

But if you look at his comments about Cox in the press conference, that's a bit ambiguous - when asked about whether Cox would be allowed to leave, he said something along the lines of: "Let's look what happens in the transfer window" - that would suggest to me that if we sign another striker, Cox will definitely be surplus to requirements.

I read that as "Let's see if we can get rid of a striker so he can stay"

Who could that be?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Jan 2008 09:54

Buy Moore -> Move Doyle back out to the right wing -> Moore and Kitson upfront

Happy days! 8)

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Jan 2008 10:55

It does seem to be very true what they say about one transfer leading to another.

This whole thing probably depends on Fred from Lyon.

Let's say all of this on this thread is true.

We want Luke Moore but there is no way Villa will sell him to us to leave themselves short, they want Defoe, but Spurs won't sell for the same reason.

So we are dependent on Fred going to Spurs so then Villa can sign Defoe so then we can sign Moore off Villa, meaning Cox probably then goes to Swindon.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Jan 2008 10:58

Just one thing though, aren't Swindon subject to a "flexible" transfer embargo meaning they can only sign players on loan. Is it possible for them to take Cox back on loan?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Jan 2008 11:11

Alan Partridge It does seem to be very true what they say about one transfer leading to another.

We want Luke Moore but there is no way Villa will sell him to us to leave themselves short, they want Defoe, but Spurs won't sell for the same reason.

So we are dependent on Fred going to Spurs so then Villa can sign Defoe so then we can sign Moore off Villa, meaning Cox probably then goes to Swindon.

Which is also why for a club like us any major deals are more likely to take place in the last few days of the transfer window. Whether people like it or not we are a fair way down the food chain when it comes to getting "proven premiership" performers. Even the names that are available Taylor,McFadden, King and Luke Moore we are talking around 5m plus for a fee (which although overpriced isn't necessarily an issue ) and between 30-40k a week in wages and there is little in any of those players (Taylor as a possible exception) that suggests they are whats required to come straight into our first team and help in a relegation fight.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 Jan 2008 11:17

Vision
Alan Partridge It does seem to be very true what they say about one transfer leading to another.

And then there's always the chance that we're gazumped by someone like Bolton or M'borough! Or dare I say it, Sunderland.

Which is also why for a club like us any major deals are more likely to take place in the last few days of the transfer window. Whether people like it or not we are a fair way down the food chain when it comes to getting "proven premiership" performers. Even the names that are available Taylor,McFadden, King and Luke Moore we are talking around 5m plus for a fee (which although overpriced isn't necessarily an issue ) and between 30-40k a week in wages and there is little in any of those players (Taylor as a possible exception) that suggests they are whats required to come straight into our first team and help in a relegation fight.