RUMOUR : RFC not signing anyone else.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

RUMOUR : RFC not signing anyone else.

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Jan 2008 13:19

I've got it on good authority, well past experience tells me that, other than Jimmy Kebe, Reading will not sign anyone else before the window closes on Thursday.

Cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth from many supporters who will start calling for SC's head.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR : RFC not signing anyone else.

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Jan 2008 13:38

Congratulations on reading the Evening Post.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Jan 2008 13:45

lol lock the thread.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 25 Jan 2008 15:12

This is ridiculous, please mods do your job and lock this before it gets out of hand AGAIN ! :roll:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 25 Jan 2008 19:58

Barry the bird boggler Cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth from many supporters who will start calling for SC's head.
It wouldn't be a bad thing. It'd be cheaper and quicker than them getting a t-shirt with the words "I am a clueless twat" printed, and get the message across just as effectively.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Jan 2008 10:36

I cant help but feel we do need another signing or two....signings that will do the job for this season and are already settled in the Premiership, even if they're loans. You cant deny that we're in trouble and although we dont want to upset the team chemistry a right winger would have come in handy, as would another striker - just players to see us safe this season, until the "new" players we bought settle in and find their feet

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 28 Jan 2008 10:44

No need to sign anyone.

Fae can play right wing, Bryn's been class all season, our back 4 is solid as a rock, we're comfortabley mid table and not signing enough players worked a treat in the summer.

But I'm clueless.

:roll:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 28 Jan 2008 11:16

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe No need to sign anyone.

Fae can play right wing, Bryn's been class all season, our back 4 is solid as a rock, we're comfortabley mid table and not signing enough players worked a treat in the summer.

But I'm clueless.

- Why hasn't Fae been playing right wing then? (before he went to the ACN)
- Bryn's been class? - have you been watching a different game to me?
- Back 4 solid? - its why we've let in 49 goals this season? (anyway i didn't mention anything bout a new defender)
- 14th and 2 pts off a relegation spot ISN'T mid-table enough for me, im sorry!

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 28 Jan 2008 11:20

TBM

But I'm clueless.

- Back 4 solid? - its why we've let in 49 goals this season? (anyway i didn't mention anything bout a new defender)

Come on mate. I know it's Monday!!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Jan 2008 11:23

TBM

But I'm clueless.

TBM in 'Missing the joke' shocker! :D

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 28 Jan 2008 11:34

Royalwaster
TBM

But I'm clueless.

TBM in 'Missing the joke' shocker! :D

Its Monday leave me alone :lol:

You can never tell with Reading fans as some believe this is true!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 28 Jan 2008 12:28

TBM

But I'm clueless.

Come on mate. I know it's Monday!!

:lol: :lol:

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Jan 2008 14:42

A friend of mine used to get depressed when the news coming out of Southampton FC was that Jason Dodd might be fit for Saturday.
I get the same feeling when I read that our African contingent will be back in a few weeks so everything will be rosy-none of the three have contributed anything significant to our team this season so why should everything suddenly change?
A defence that has conceded 49 goals and the club is still not looking at getting rid of some of the culprits and bringing in replacements just because a central midfielder has had a couple of decent games up against midgets.
Still this Jimmy is 6 ft tall so he'll probably end up playing there-problem solved.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 28 Jan 2008 16:59

just because a central midfielder has had a couple of decent games up against midgets.
Still this Jimmy is 6 ft tall so he'll probably end up playing there-problem solved.

Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Keane, Lennon - Midgets?!?!? And your point is what exactly? You are a better player if you are tall?

Sorry but Kevin Francis and Peter Crouch dispell your theory!!!!!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Jan 2008 20:47

Blue and White Toucan
just because a central midfielder has had a couple of decent games up against midgets.

Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Keane, Lennon - Midgets?!?!? And your point is what exactly? You are a better player if you are tall?

Sorry but Kevin Francis and Peter Crouch dispell your theory!!!!!

Don't be so stupid.
Ronaldo and Lennon play on the wing and Berbatov didn't play for Spurs.
That leaves Rooney,Tevez,Keane and Defoe,none of whom are taller than your average 14 year-old.
Cisse has yet to play against a physical central striker other than for a while in the 2nd half at Villa so in my view the jury is out as to whether he has the physical presence to play centre-half.
Our season might rest on whether he can.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 28 Jan 2008 22:21

Rooney and Tevez might be midgets, but they somehow manage to be quite good strikers in a quite good team. In that game they were controlled by Cisse. How many other central defenders have done such a good job on them?

What he did went beyond that, though, his performance gave confidence to the rest of the team who, for one of the few times this season were able to play with the confidence and flair that we know they are capable of. If he's capable of shackling two of the best strikers in the league (albeit 'midgets') who's to say that he can't do a similar job on the taller strikers in the League?

You really must try and stop finding negatives where none exist!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 Jan 2008 09:21

TBM I cant help but feel we do need another signing or two....signings that will do the job for this season and are already settled in the Premiership, even if they're loans. You cant deny that we're in trouble and although we dont want to upset the team chemistry a right winger would have come in handy, as would another striker - just players to see us safe this season, until the "new" players we bought settle in and find their feet

Is that why you decided to invent the rumour about Heskey on the other thread?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 29 Jan 2008 11:39

Hampshire Royal Rooney and Tevez might be midgets, but they somehow manage to be quite good strikers in a quite good team. In that game they were controlled by Cisse. How many other central defenders have done such a good job on them?

What he did went beyond that, though, his performance gave confidence to the rest of the team who, for one of the few times this season were able to play with the confidence and flair that we know they are capable of. If he's capable of shackling two of the best strikers in the league (albeit 'midgets') who's to say that he can't do a similar job on the taller strikers in the League?

Exactly - ask any central defender and i bet they would rather face a big lump of a striker than some short nipper bloke who they will struggle to keep up with...

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Jan 2008 18:08

Hampshire Royal Rooney and Tevez might be midgets, but they somehow manage to be quite good strikers in a quite good team. In that game they were controlled by Cisse. How many other central defenders have done such a good job on them?

HR,
At your advanced age you really should read a posting first before diving in with both feet to lecture on positivity.
I said that in my view the jury is out on whether he can cope with the more physical (and aerial)threat offered by bigger strikers.
He has played well in games that we have lost and if we are to survive in this league he will have to show his worth against different types of strikers-for the sake of our club I hope he does.
Is that not a positive? :o
For further proof see my topic under The Team section relating to Dave Kitson-even you couldn't be more positive than that surely? :wink:

07RFC

by 07RFC » 30 Jan 2008 16:12

Reading really need to sign a proven centre back, as they are not performing at the moment, and Coppell cant just change his mind over purchasing a new player, with 1 good performance from some1 hu they bought to play centre mid