Rumour : Clinton Morrison

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour : Clinton Morrison

by West Stand Man » 22 Jun 2008 10:43

Wycombe Royal I know a CP season ticket holder and he says he'll drive him down to the Mad Stad if we want him. He said he would also pick up Kuqi on the way and drop him off as well.

Probably the same type of half wit that posts on this site saying that 3/4 of our team is useless too.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 01 Jul 2008 14:23

Apparently he has agreed terms with Coventry.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 01 Jul 2008 14:36

Clinton Morrison = Cnut

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Jul 2008 14:52

It now seems that Morrison turned down Coventry and Palace have withdrawn their offer of a new 2 year contract. So he is now definately leaving Palace.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jul 2008 14:56

Wycombe Royal It now seems that Morrison turned down Coventry and Palace have withdrawn their offer of a new 2 year contract. So he is now definately leaving Palace.

Hmm he must have another offer from somewhere I'd have thought! On a free (ish, that ok WR? :wink: ) transfer could do a lot worse.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Jul 2008 14:58

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal It now seems that Morrison turned down Coventry and Palace have withdrawn their offer of a new 2 year contract. So he is now definately leaving Palace.

Hmm he must have another offer from somewhere I'd have thought! On a free (ish, that ok WR? :wink: ) transfer could do a lot worse.

Doesn't mean that he has anywhere else lined up, just that Palace have got fed up waiting.

I agree though, he could be a decent signing for next season even if he does have a bit of a superiority complex. He was Palace's top scorer last season with 16.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jul 2008 14:59

By turning down Coventry I would hazard a guess that there must be more than 1 interested club in him.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Jul 2008 15:01

A perfect replacement for Lita in terms of talent AND attitude...

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Jul 2008 15:04

Alan Partridge By turning down Coventry I would hazard a guess that there must be more than 1 interested club in him.

I have heard that he doesn't want to leave the capital and that no other offers are yet on the table.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jul 2008 15:11

Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge By turning down Coventry I would hazard a guess that there must be more than 1 interested club in him.

I have heard that he doesn't want to leave the capital and that no other offers are yet on the table.

Then his options are severely limited, if not Palace, then who? Charlton? Have a lot of strikers on the books or maybe QPR?, other than that I'm struggling to think of other London clubs that would want him. Unless of course we just sneak into his location border! :P

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 07 Jul 2008 15:12

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal

Then his options are severely limited, if not Palace, then who? Charlton? Have a lot of strikers on the books, other than that I'm struggling to think of other London clubs that would want him. Unless of course we just sneak into his location border! :P

Watford just about qualify, QPR obviously.

We'd make the cut, only 20 minutes in a footballers car.

Or we could sign him on a deal that only involves him being selected for games inside the M25.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jul 2008 15:15

Watford yep that's quite possible, getting rid of a few up there. IF of course we were interested then I'd be fairly depressed if anyone chose Boothroyd's cloggers over us.

One other thing, was Coppell at Palace when Morrison first started out?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Jul 2008 15:20

QPR have to be favourites for his signature as Dowie was the one who brought him back to Palace from Birmingham.

If he does join QPR I can only assume he has a long lost Italian relative.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jul 2008 15:23

Wycombe Royal QPR have to be favourites for his signature as Dowie was the one who brought him back to Palace from Birmingham.

If he does join QPR I can only assume he has a long lost Italian relative.

Feel free to correct me but QPR still have quite a few strikers on their books do they not?

I do think Watford's a fairly good shout, I would hope there is a significant RFC interest. 28/29 still mileage in him as he showed with 16 goals last season at this level. Proven track record, could be one of the signings of the summer in the CCC.

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 07 Jul 2008 15:27

Alan Partridge Watford yep that's quite possible, getting rid of a few up there. IF of course we were interested then I'd be fairly depressed if anyone chose Boothroyd's cloggers over us.

Pretty certain that the two would have been there at the same time although Morrison started about the time Coppell was at Man City.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jul 2008 15:30

just having a read of http://www.cpfc.org Palace fans are gutted he's leaving.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jul 2008 15:51

Roger the Rabbit
Alan Partridge Watford yep that's quite possible, getting rid of a few up there. IF of course we were interested then I'd be fairly depressed if anyone chose Boothroyd's cloggers over us.

Pretty certain that the two would have been there at the same time although Morrison started about the time Coppell was at Man City.

Made his debut end of 97/98 season, Coppell was at that club but wasn't manager at that time. Was manager again there during 98/99 season, so definitely worked together.

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 07 Jul 2008 15:55

Stranded
Roger the Rabbit

Made his debut end of 97/98 season, Coppell was at that club but wasn't manager at that time. Was manager again there during 98/99 season, so definitely worked together.

But didn't Morrison come up through the youth ranks at Palace so would have been there in Coppell's pre 96 incarnation ?

UTDSTEVE

by UTDSTEVE » 07 Jul 2008 16:02

Alan Partridge just having a read of http://www.cpfc.org Palace fans are gutted he's leaving.

There are a lot of Palace fans gutted to see Clinton go but its more to do with the history he has with the club rather than his ability. The guy is a palace legend, he played unpaid through their administration, he’s a local lad who has scored some important goals for palace. He has a great rapore with the fans and a huge amount of passion for the club which is why many are so sad to see him go.

In footballing terms he is getting on now and in Warnocks eyes very replaceable.

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 07 Jul 2008 16:09

UTDSTEVE In footballing terms he is getting on now and in Warnocks eyes very replaceable.

Not that Warnock knows anything about strikers....