speculation: de ridder (from brum)

Roger the Rabbit

Re: speculation: de ridder (from brum)

by Roger the Rabbit » 01 Jul 2008 16:18

Southbank Old Boy
That and the fact that McFadden hasn't actually gone anywhere, yet

The fact that none of our players (bar Little) have left doesn't stop some Royals fans working on the basis that our team will consist of Ron Grant, James Hneryand Martin Salter next season !
At least none of our players have stated they want to move like McFadden has (depending on which story Sonko is pushing today of course !)

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 04 Jul 2008 00:40

Southbank Old Boy
Arch
g Brum have ambition, need to look for better players
They need to look for replacements for Zarate, Muamba, De Ridder and probably McFadden before they get back to the level of the team the finished below us.

They've already added Carsley to replace Muamba, and McFadden, Zarate and De Ridder played about 15-20 games between them in 2008 so it's hardly a massive void to fill despite two of them being amongst their better players.

That and the fact that McFadden hasn't actually gone anywhere, yet
It was a response to g. Carsley for Muamba is hardly showing ambition, and Zarate and McFadden were all they had going for them last spring. I omitted to mention that they had already lost Forssell. Well, in addition to the 34-year-old Carsley, they've now gone for the 34-year-old Phillips - presumably on some pretty hefty wages. If we traded like that, to put it simply, g would not be talking ambition.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 04 Jul 2008 16:30

Arch It was a response to g. Carsley for Muamba is hardly showing ambition, and Zarate and McFadden were all they had going for them last spring. I omitted to mention that they had already lost Forssell. Well, in addition to the 34-year-old Carsley, they've now gone for the 34-year-old Phillips - presumably on some pretty hefty wages. If we traded like that, to put it simply, g would not be talking ambition.

Yeah I agree to an extent.

My point was that although they have to replace Zarate etc, they didn't actually play that often anyway, and they had more than enough to get promoted with basically the same squad the year before.

I think Carsley and Phillips are great signings by the way.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jul 2008 16:33

Carsley and Phillips in particular are excellent signings for the division they are now in (that being the main point).

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Jul 2008 16:41

Alan Partridge Carsley and Phillips in particular are excellent signings for the division they are now in (that being the main point).

So were Ferdinand and Keown.........

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jul 2008 16:44

Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge Carsley and Phillips in particular are excellent signings for the division they are now in (that being the main point).

So were Ferdinand and Keown.........

Had they both been 34 instead of 38 I'd have agreed with you. Phillips is on the back of being voted the best player in the league and Carsley was still playing fairly regularly for Everton last season.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 04 Jul 2008 16:52

Phillips got 22 league goals last season and 16 the year before in this division.

Carsley started 33 league games and 15 cup games for Everton last season and they finished 5th in the Premiership. I'd take him over Muamba any day of the week.

They may be knocking on in years but both are coming off the back of very productive seasons and don't look like they're just looking for a pension.