Who is the next signing gonna be

Streets

Re: Who is the next signing gonna be

by Streets » 29 Jul 2008 12:12

Archies Volley Offical text service has just informed me that Sonko has changed squad number from 5 to 31.

Another CB on the way then :?: :!: :shock:

LOL @ you getting charged to find that out. :lol:

ROFLobbed.
E
A
D
I
N
G

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Jul 2008 12:41

Streets
Archies Volley Offical text service has just informed me that Sonko has changed squad number from 5 to 31.

ROFLobbed.
E
A
D
I
N
G

I HATE agreeing with you Jay but on this occasion, bang on. ALOL @ anyone who pays money for the text service when it's on here for free just 2minutes l8r.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Jul 2008 12:45

Alan Partridge
Streets

ROFLobbed.
E
A
D
I
N
G

I HATE agreeing with you Jay but on this occasion, bang on. ALOL @ anyone who pays money for the text service when it's on here for free just 2minutes l8r.

unless of course they have lives/are busy-cant get to a computer or telly
perhaps they are on holiday etc

admittedly its a waste of time unless those things are happening
i often get the team texted to me as im listening to them announce it on BBCRB-at that point it does seem a little silly and pointless.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 29 Jul 2008 12:48

Alan Partridge
Streets

ROFLobbed.
E
A
D
I
N
G

It will only be on here if someone like me posts it!

I have very good reasons for using the service

warrpp

by warrpp » 29 Jul 2008 12:56

re: not signing anyone else unless someone leaves

didn't coppell say a couple of days ago that they are actively looking to bring players in,and he made no mention of waiting for players to leave first ?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 29 Jul 2008 13:00

What Coppell says changes all the time.

Remember how he spent the whole of November/December telling us how many players he was gonna bring in in January?

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 29 Jul 2008 13:07

[quote="Smoking Kills Dancing Doe"]What Coppell says changes all the time.

Remember how he spent the whole of November/December telling us how many players he was gonna bring in in January?[/quote]

** oh my god someone else who remembers Coppell saying the business in January thing !! have been roasted a couple of times on this site for "inventing qoutes" about that very point ! cheers matey !

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 29 Jul 2008 13:34

howser
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe What Coppell says changes all the time.

Remember how he spent the whole of November/December telling us how many players he was gonna bring in in January?

** oh my god someone else who remembers Coppell saying the business in January thing !! have been roasted a couple of times on this site for "inventing qoutes" about that very point ! cheers matey !

Coppell did say that, plus he said he had learned from his mistakes. He also said he would only sign players to replace those that leave, well have we replaced Little and Oster yet ?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 29 Jul 2008 14:22

One thing about Coppell is he rarely if ever says what he WILL do. Quite a lot of " I'm thinking of", "i perhaps should have", "I'd be within my rights to", " I could", " I should", " I might" etc etc etc.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 29 Jul 2008 16:20

He also said the squad was too big.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Jul 2008 16:54

rotherwick_royal He also said the squad was too big.

Yes exactly, that's why we got rid of 2 six foot plus players an brought in Noel Hunt.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 29 Jul 2008 17:23

he also said he would play 4-4-2 at Arsenal

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 29 Jul 2008 17:58

He also stated many times that he has been too loyal to the players - yet he still refuses to replace them with new signings.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jul 2008 18:04

Scarface
howser

Coppell did say that, plus he said he had learned from his mistakes. He also said he would only sign players to replace those that leave, well have we replaced Little and Oster yet ?

He also said we needed to reduce the squad so I rather doubt he'll be replacing each player. Maybe he feels Kebe and Henry adequately replace those two. Maybe he'd be right (I rather doubt it)

We only need a left back if Shorey goes. We only need a midfielder if Harper goes with Karacan coming through. We only need a winger if Kebe really is as shit as many of us think and Henry isn't up to th ejob full time either.

A big striker would be desireable, but is not essential. Providing we don't play in a way that requires one. Afterall we managed in the Prem the season we finished 8th without one. (Bar a few games)

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 29 Jul 2008 18:05

.......and on BBCRB this morning, Tim Dellor reporting from Sweden said that Coppell has said that no more players will be coming in....unless anyone leaves !

So there it is ...another summer of total anti-climax which as a Reading fan we are so used to!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jul 2008 18:07

I prefer my climaxes to come during the season rather than before a ball is kicked in anger.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 Jul 2008 18:08

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY .......and on BBCRB this morning, Tim Dellor reporting from Sweden said that Coppell has said that no more players will be coming in....unless anyone leaves !

So there it is ...another summer of total anti-climax which as a Reading fan we are so used to!

Well....given that Harps and Shorey are both likely to leave......I think we will see more signings

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jul 2008 18:11

On the Bikey speculation Team board thread Coppell is quoted as saying maybe one more will leave.

We'll have to wait and see what happens. Just like normal

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Jul 2008 10:02

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY .......and on BBCRB this morning, Tim Dellor reporting from Sweden said that Coppell has said that no more players will be coming in....unless anyone leaves !

get over it
or support spurs.

Fezza

by Fezza » 30 Jul 2008 10:09

Scarface
howser

I recall that most of the "we'll look to push on to the next level" and "we'll look to strengthen by 2 or 3 players" nonsense came from Squeaky and JM. Not that SC wasn't spouting utter sh*te at the same time!