Rumour - SHunt off

688 posts
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - SHunt off

by andrew1957 » 30 Oct 2008 18:27

UpNorth There seems to have been a steady stream of rumours about Prem clubs being interested in Hunt. They all have one thing in common - no substantive quotes from any of the clubs supposedly interested in buying him.

Smacks of agents working overtime to try and convince teams that Hunt is worth buying. All getting very tiresome and we are still weeks away from the transfer window opening. It would not surprise me to see one disappointed Hunt still at Reading come the end of January. He has already fallen victim to the rumour machine and we could be in for a repeat performance early next year.

I quite agree but if a club of Everton's stature does pay £5M for him I think we have to let him go with good grace. I would not mind seeing Kebe on the left and Henry on the right. That may actually give us at least as much creativity as Henry is consistent at delivering a dead ball.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 31 Oct 2008 00:04

He's probably set to go now.
Wouldn't be the worst thing i suppose, aslong as coppell brings in a replacement not long after he leaves

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 31 Oct 2008 10:49

I think that there is no doubt that Hunty will be away in January, very popular among the "second tier" sides of the Premiership he has given his all for Reading and deserves his chance back in the top league, if it comes off then thanks and good luck to him, have always liked his attitude and enthusiasm and Reading should be very proud of how they have developed the energetic, head on fire free transfer run around, to a skilled and talented player now worth in the region of £6m. As for a replacement wont happen, Mr Mad will roll his eyes at the fee coming in and support the theory that we have a good academy and the young, cheap and free, lads be given a chance to see if they can keep us in the Championship.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 31 Oct 2008 11:57

howser As for a replacement wont happen, Mr Mad will roll his eyes at the fee coming in and support the theory that we have a good academy and the young, cheap and free, lads be given a chance to see if they can keep us in the Championship.

By 'keep us in the Championship' you presumably mean by avoiding promotion ?

I hope we keep up our replacements policy - rake in huge sums of cash for players who then do nothing to show they were worth it and bring in replacements at a fraction of the cost who soon make us forget who their predecessor was. What aspect of that is a problem ?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 31 Oct 2008 12:48

UpNorth There seems to have been a steady stream of rumours about Prem clubs being interested in Hunt. They all have one thing in common - no substantive quotes from any of the clubs supposedly interested in buying him.

Smacks of agents working overtime to try and convince teams that Hunt is worth buying. All getting very tiresome and we are still weeks away from the transfer window opening. It would not surprise me to see one disappointed Hunt still at Reading come the end of January. He has already fallen victim to the rumour machine and we could be in for a repeat performance early next year.

Moyes was at the QPR game, I can't imagine he was in the area and fancied watching a game.

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 31 Oct 2008 13:02

New QPR manager?

Morph

by Morph » 31 Oct 2008 15:07

At £5m they can have him.

Another player that is far to inconsistant, both in performance and his so called high energy performances.
We will miss him, but he isn't half as good as many people seem to think he is.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 31 Oct 2008 15:56

Huntley & Palmer

Moyes was at the QPR game, I can't imagine he was in the area and fancied watching a game.

I can imagine he was well impressed by SHunt on that performance then!

bagman

by bagman » 31 Oct 2008 16:00

Moyes and his Chief Scout were also at the Burnley game. Scout was taking notes on Hunt.

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 31 Oct 2008 16:17

bagman Moyes and his Chief Scout were also at the Burnley game. Scout was taking notes on Hunt.

One of his worst games in ages. He won't be going anywhere then.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 31 Oct 2008 16:52

Mr Angry
Huntley & Palmer

I can imagine he was well impressed by SHunt on that performance then!

I know, but he is following up on his long term interest. Hopefully it will have put him off completely this time

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Nov 2008 10:17

Not just Hunts agent:
Everton, Sunderland target Hunt hints at Reading exit
02.11.08 | tribalfootball.com

Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt admits he could be on the move in January.

Sunderland Everton are chasing Hunt, who said: "Every professional player wants to better himself.

"But, at the same time, I had to get my head around doing my job for Reading. They pay my wages and they’ve been decent since the window closed. They’ve let me concentrate on my game. The speculation and the interest wrecks your head, wondering what could happen.

"The most important thing is keeping my form at the highest it can be."

So ironically he's concentrating on playing for Reading whilst admitting he's off in January....

Morph

by Morph » 02 Nov 2008 11:51

I wonder what his excuse is then for being so poor in the last three games.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Nov 2008 21:25

PieEater Not just Hunts agent:

Sunderland Everton are chasing Hunt, who said: "Every professional player wants to better himself.

"But, at the same time, I had to get my head around doing my job for Reading. They pay my wages and they’ve been decent since the window closed. They’ve let me concentrate on my game. The speculation and the interest wrecks your head, wondering what could happen.

Tribal football. And where does he say he wants to move? He simply says he'd like to better himself, and winning us promotion would do that.

So ironically he's concentrating on playing for Reading whilst admitting he's off in January....

ukrainiandub

by ukrainiandub » 22 Nov 2008 13:21

if hunt leaves reading he is a fool. he suits your club and should stay there. He has qualities but he shouldn't be under any illussions about his overall quality. Might struggle to fit in at a club that doesn't understand him so to speak.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Nov 2008 13:19

SCIAG
PieEater Not just Hunts agent:

Tribal football. And where does he say he wants to move? He simply says he'd like to better himself, and winning us promotion would do that.

Odd, I swore I'd posted something there...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Nov 2008 11:42

ukrainiandub if hunt leaves reading he is a fool. he suits your club and should stay there. He has qualities but he shouldn't be under any illussions about his overall quality. Might struggle to fit in at a club that doesn't understand him speak.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Nov 2008 13:40

Well Moyes said this weekend that Everton will be one of those clubs in the Prem who simply won't be spending money in Jan, as they have none - take that as you will.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Nov 2008 13:42

Stranded Well Moyes said this weekend that Everton will be one of those clubs in the Prem who simply won't be spending money in Jan, as they have none - take that as you will.

How can Everton have 'no money'? s it all going into their new stadium?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 24 Nov 2008 16:15

Alan Partridge
Stranded Well Moyes said this weekend that Everton will be one of those clubs in the Prem who simply won't be spending money in Jan, as they have none - take that as you will.

How can Everton have 'no money'? s it all going into their new stadium?

You may have heard of a litle spat called the credit crunch?

688 posts