RUMOUR - Doyle to Villa (again)

daveewington

Re: RUMOUR - Doyle to Villa (again)

by daveewington » 13 Jun 2009 23:49

Agree with a lot of posts here. i can see that Doyler may go, and although I wouldnt like to see him leave, I dont think we should stand in his way if he is ambitious. I don't think we should sell for less than £5m, but if we sell, we need to see some of the money to pay for a replacement this time!

That'd leave the replacement signing to play with Church or N Hunt and with Mooney and S.Long as back up.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 13 Jun 2009 23:52

Ian Royal
Deathy
The 17 Bus That's the Shane long that scored nine league goals last season, Church will do well to score as well as long did last season.

Long is utter dross. If he plays every week, we're in trouble. The amount of touches he needs to bring the ball under control makes Kebe look like Christiano Ronaldo.

Did you go to any of the last 5 or 6 games?

Yes, unfortunately. C'mon, the lad is dire! He did well at the end of the season, granted, but the boy needs three touches to bring the ball under control. It's make or break for him this season, thankfully.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jun 2009 11:58

Well if you'd seen those games and paid any attention to Long, you should have noticed he had no problems with his first touch.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 14 Jun 2009 12:02

Ian Royal Well if you'd seen those games and paid any attention to Long, you should have noticed he had no problems with his first touch.

Yes he did! Jesus, remove your rtg's ffs. He played a lot better, but his first touch is just plain awful.

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 14 Jun 2009 12:27

Deathy
Ian Royal Well if you'd seen those games and paid any attention to Long, you should have noticed he had no problems with his first touch.

Yes he did! Jesus, remove your rtg's ffs. He played a lot better, but his first touch is just plain awful.

I thought he looked sharp in the last few games, nothing wrong with his first touch. Ok, he miscontrolled it sometimes, but it wasn't regular ike it used to be.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jun 2009 13:44

Deathy

Well you seem to be the only one to think that. Looked a different player to the one at Ipswich away whose first touch ended up over the touchline or on an Ipswich player's foot every time.

Scored fairly regularly in the last month or so and looked dangerous and skillful.