First Fans Forum of season

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

Re: First Fans Forum of season

by Alexander Litvinenko » 07 Sep 2012 13:25

Platypuss
Alexander Litvinenko Think of it as Chatham House Rule applying.

No - that would mean we could report what was said, but not who said it.

Not actually report it, but know what's said and use it, but not disclose how you know it.

It's acknowledged that people will informally share what was said, by word of mouth and so on. But that's a world away from taking notes and publishing them on open internet more or less verbatim.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Sep 2012 13:34

That's a fair interpretation.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Sep 2012 14:45

So, how do RFC ever find out what is said at a Fan's Forum? Or are they members of STAR?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 07 Sep 2012 14:55

Royal Lady So, how do RFC ever find out what is said at a Fan's Forum? Or are they members of STAR?

They don't, unless someone publishes it. That's the point and that's the attraction.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Sep 2012 15:01

:| So Brian could say stuff about the owners or whatever and they'd never know? :o :shock:

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 07 Sep 2012 15:12

Royal Lady :| So Brian could say stuff about the owners or whatever and they'd never know? :o :shock:

Yes, in theory. In practice, that depends on just how much they can trust the people there not to publish what's said. Word of mouth stuff is fine and inevitable, but once someone writes it down and sends it out into the world it all takes on a different status.

Years ago there was a FF with SC & SJM, who had to leave early. The second SJM left, SC took his jacket off and said "Now we can really talk...."

Managers have tended to be much more open than you'd expect - but to continue to feel comfortable enough the continuation of the trust that things won't be published is paramount - as is STAR's responsibility to remind people of it before every meeting.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Sep 2012 16:49

Actually, thinking about it, the past Chair of STAR said she'd put forward my offer, of liaising on here with people and then emailing STAR, to the board - and they refused. But, surely, it's a new board now, so they might think differently?......

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 07 Sep 2012 17:58

Royal Lady Actually, thinking about it, the past Chair of STAR said she'd put forward my offer, of liaising on here with people and then emailing STAR, to the board - and they refused. But, surely, it's a new board now, so they might think differently?......

Please try but I think I was the only one who thought it was a good idea.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 07 Sep 2012 18:22

Surely any liason between STAR and HNA? needs to be a STAR member at least????/

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Sep 2012 09:09

Why?????! :roll:

The whole point was that STAR don't want to come on these boards, therefore, my suggestion was that someone on here collate genuine concerns/suggestions/whatever and email STAR once a week just to let them know what other fans are thinking/wanting/whatever.

If STAR came on here and liaised with us anyway, there wouldn't be a need for my offer would there?

Anyway, fact of the matter is, STAR don't like HNA and give HNA members no credence when it comes to things RFC - so that's the end of it, really.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 08 Sep 2012 10:46

My view would be star are interested in what their paid members say, rather than annonymous posters internet posters say.

If people on here are so interested in sharing their views with STAR then join.

Or is the idea of paying £10 too much ?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 08 Sep 2012 12:20

Royal Lady Anyway, fact of the matter is, STAR don't like HNA and give HNA members no credence when it comes to things RFC - so that's the end of it, really.

It's a shame making generalisations isn't an Olympic event - that'd be another gold medal in the bag for sure!

"STAR" is individuals, not a single entity that has a single set of views. Opinions of HNA vary amongst individuals, I'm sure.

The experience some have had is that they get abused by anonymous people here - how do they know who is a WUM and who is genuine, without spending half their lives here to know the individuals concerned? How do they know what is a serious issue and what is petty/trivial/untrue/a wind-up?

Taking something to the club when they can't be sure it actually happened or they don't know who it actually happened to is just asking for trouble, so I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask someone to actually identify themselves (in confidence) before taking an issue forward.

And if someone can't be bothered to send one simple email to STAR about an issue, surely that means that the issue isn't of that much importance to them?