Rumour Miiko Albornoz

Number13luckyforme

Rumour Miiko Albornoz

by Number13luckyforme » 15 Dec 2013 19:26

Rumoured to be making a move for him in next months window According to Daily star .
23 year old Swedish Leftback http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... bornoz-bid

Ginger Ninjas

Re: Rumour Miiko Albornoz

by Ginger Ninjas » 15 Dec 2013 19:39

Random player to be linked with, so I'm going to jump in and assume that this is definitely happening. At the same time, I think we should immediately call for this signing not to take place...

On 8 January 2013 it was made official that Albornoz was being charged with statutory rape for having sexual relations with a 14-year old girl on 8 November 2012 in Malmö. Albornoz was detained and arrested for the offence on 17 November 2012, he was released after three days. Albornoz admitted that he was aware of the girl's age at the time of the act.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 Dec 2013 20:08

You can tell a window is approaching when these sort of rumours start appearing.

No more than agent and/or journalist windy guff attempting to get a move going somewhere for a client.

I expect Reading will do virtually nothing in the transfer window. If we're very lucky the loan arrangement for Sharp and a new deal for Baird might happen but that'll be about it.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 15 Dec 2013 20:18

Barry the bird boggler You can tell a window is approaching when these sort of rumours start appearing.

No more than agent and/or journalist windy guff attempting to get a move going somewhere for a client.

I expect Reading will do virtually nothing in the transfer window. If we're very lucky the loan arrangement for Sharp and a new deal for Baird might happen but that'll be about it.

Quite a random link though the fact he's a left back which we so desperately need may mean there's something in it (or The Mirror have put two and two together to make five).

It will be interesting so see where there club is financially come January. Adkins has always said that the aim is to be in the hunt come the new year and then to invest for the final push to May. If there money isn't there, and we don't reinforce the LB position where we are so bare, then there will be even more reasons for concern

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 15 Dec 2013 20:57

The January window should finally tell us more about whats happening with regard to the takeover and finance, can see Sharp being signed full time, not sure that Baird will be offered a new deal with Ledge getting back to full fitness though.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 15 Dec 2013 21:14

Ful back?

We haven't got one of those.

IslandExile

by IslandExile » 15 Dec 2013 22:53

Miiko is clearly a rising star in Sweden. He has been a key player for Malmo who won the championship this year. He also just got his first call up to the National Team for their January tour. There has of course been a lot of controversy around the statutory rape case and he took a timeout from football for a while after that.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 16 Dec 2013 09:44

Not forgetting we took Fulham's chief scout, and they were after him last summer. They'd have been aware of him for some time previous.. It would add weight to our interest, but why would he drop to the Championship when there's Premiership interest?

Also, with Sharp's fee to be agreed/paid, who's funding these moves? Or more to the point, who's being sold to pay for them?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Dec 2013 10:42

SPARTA Also, with Sharp's fee to be agreed/paid, who's funding these moves? Or more to the point, who's being sold to pay for them?

The club. No imminent departures... although that could change in the window.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Dec 2013 10:49

I would imagine, even if we spent 30 million on wages (i'd be surprised after just one year if even that was spent) we should still have had another 30 million banked, plus the parachute payments.

That said, doubt very much the club will ever splash that around, not our style to pretend to be anything but broke.

Anyway they should bank a large portion of that to pay for the new training ground and more importantly to fund the academy for several years. Long game thinking.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2013 19:10

ZacNaloen I would imagine, even if we spent 30 million on wages (i'd be surprised after just one year if even that was spent) we should still have had another 30 million banked, plus the parachute payments.

That said, doubt very much the club will ever splash that around, not our style to pretend to be anything but broke.

Anyway they should bank a large portion of that to pay for the new training ground and more importantly to fund the academy for several years. Long game thinking.

Where are you getting £30m income above £30m wages? And why are you adding parachute payments to it which are for this season's wages?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Dec 2013 23:07

Rest of the TV money + turn over assuming we match 2011 (just under 20m) (2012 turn over was only 15 million for some reason, guess we had fewer bums on seats first half of the season)

I haven't included parachute payments in anything except to point out that the parachute payments are still to come.

CentiaRoyal

by CentiaRoyal » 21 Dec 2013 09:46

'Manchester City will go head-to-head with Reading to sign highly-rated Malmo defender Miiko Albornoz, 23. ' - The Sun

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 21 Dec 2013 10:04

Replacement for Bridge

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Dec 2013 10:21

CentiaRoyal 'Manchester City will go head-to-head with Reading to sign highly-rated Malmo defender Miiko Albornoz, 23. ' - The Sun

Lol

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Dec 2013 11:21

CentiaRoyal 'Manchester City will go head-to-head with Reading to sign highly-rated Malmo defender Miiko Albornoz, 23. ' - The Sun

Clearly we have reached the big time!!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Dec 2013 11:58

It's a tough decision for the lad, Reading or Man City. Should take him literally, errrr, seconds to decide.

IslandExile

by IslandExile » 21 Dec 2013 22:05

Well, he could talk to his mate Guidetti about how fun it is not playing in Manchester...

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 Dec 2013 07:57

Hmm let me see, being rotated in and out of the side at City on probably 100k a week and in with a chance of winning something or perhaps being rotated into anywhere but the left back position every other game at Reading for about 10k a week with no chance of winning anything while getting slated by the "experts managers" in the crowd.

It's a toughie - still as it's a load of made up drivel anyway the decision will be even easier for him.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 15 Jan 2014 13:45