BFTG Sheffield Weds (H)

162 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG Sheffield Weds (H)

by Royal Ginger » 31 Jan 2015 17:17

Could have won by a lot more. In control for the last 80 minutes.

Possibly Pogrebnyak's best game in a Reading shirt.

Chalobah's was a beaut.

Despite no goals in the second half it was certainly entertaining.

Only reason there was no red for the penalty was because Pog was fouled by three people at once, impossible to pick one.

Fat ref appalling for both sides.

I may never be warm again.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Sheffield Weds (H)

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2015 17:28

Pog and Williams were class. Wednesday's big striker was fcuking awful.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 31 Jan 2015 17:33

'greed with the Ginge.

MOTM was Fed, his save at the end of the first half and then again early in the second meant Wednesday never looked by getting back into it.

Shamefully crap penalty from HRK.

Cracking second goal from Chalobah.

Just starting to thaw out.

8/10 for Wbbrew. Expected £4 rip off price, great beer, but they need to sort out their service rather than staring at each other wondering what's going on.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 31 Jan 2015 17:42

Half Robson Shittu the worst player on the pitch again. His missed penalty changed the game. Would have won by four or five if he'd scored.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 31 Jan 2015 17:59

Pepe the Horseman Pog and Williams were class. Wednesday's big striker was fcuking awful.
^^^^
Good to see Williams back at his driving, struggle-pig best and Pogo was immense. That massive Wednesday striker was dreadful

Can HRK please just f'ck right off. Bottled numerous challenges today and finally his utterly inept penalty taking caught up with him today. Never again please

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Jan 2015 18:11

I was clearly at a different game because I thought Kanu put in a great shift, the best I've seen him play in a while, but happened to take a really poor penalty.

Good performance, McCleary looked woefully uninterested towards the end so not surprised that his teammates gave him some grief, but the guys jeering him off were bang out of order.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 Jan 2015 18:13

I actually thought HRK wasn't that bad today - his penalty was rubbish but apart from that his link up play was pretty good and he won several challenges. Am no fan of his, but think he doesn't deserve all the criticism today. In fact, thought everyone played well and we should have won by 4 or 5.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 31 Jan 2015 18:13

I try not to criticise individuals too much but I will make an exception for HRK. I cannot stand players who bottle challenges especially when they are built like the proverbial brick privy. If you have the gall to want to take a pen after being total shite for the whole game up to that point you have to score. Now please, just go.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 31 Jan 2015 18:18

Pog man of the match. Williams, Fedders, Kelly and Hector all excellent. Pearce faultless.

Cholobah played some magnificent passes and took his goal beautifully. Got caught in possession a few times, but was great to see he had the confidence to marshall and organise - for a young lad in a new team that showed some balls, I thought.

I'm a frequent critic of HRK, but I have to concede he was much better today. At times he played both really well - tracking back, getting in the way, making a nuisance of himself - and a times poorly - too often he runs into other players and the balls sees to drift off him.

Special mention for the worst referee and assistants of the season. Comically wrong about so many things.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Jan 2015 18:23

I'd like to see what should have been the third goal, looked onside by a few yards from where I was sitting.

As for HRK, terrible penalty but worst performer for me was Obita, lost the ball a few times in dangerous positions trying to just play out of defence.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2015 18:23

We were way too static in midfield and defence for the first 20 or so, with Weds finding space and playing in to our final third like we werent there. We looked more creative than in a while although we still don't attack the box well enough or threaten to finish a chance convincingly enough.

Fed 8 back to his best.
Kelly 7 bettrr than Gunter.
Obita 6 better second half but sloppy first.
Pearce 7 good
Hector 7.5 for that run.
Chalobah 7 for a super goal.. otherwise a bit meh but saying that...
Williams 9 MOTM best he's played in ages. Ran the show.
HRK 6.5 ok. Some good some less so. The problem with relying on sending the keeper the wrong way for pens is when you don't.
McCleary 8 Mac is back. But needed to go off a good 10 earlier.
Cox 6.5 fine, didn't quite happen but didn't need it to.
Pog 8 doesn't threaten the goal nearly enough, but can't fault what he did. Dropped deep well and earnt some of his wonga today.

Subs all fine. Cracking dribble from blackman ending in the usual nothing.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Jan 2015 18:39

Feds - Great save just before half time and again from a free kick in the second. 8

Kelly - After Months on end of enduring Gunter it was a shock to see a right back who can actually cross the ball when he gets in a good attacking position. 7
Pearce - Been great since taking the captaincy. Led well and did all he had to do very well. 7.5
Hector - Been a big critic of him but he did well today, still needs to watch out for overcommitting himself. 7.5
Obita - Put us in trouble 3 or 4 times one of which led to Feds having to make the crucial save just before half time. Grew into it in the second half. 6.5

McCleary - Got them backtracking but final ball and decision making were poor on a number of occasions, hitting the first man. 6.5
Chalobah - Took his goal well and did the simple things. 7
Williams - Drove the team on through midfield and showed what he is capable of. 8
HRK - Needs to be braver in the tackle and when taking on his man. Dreadful penalty. 6

Cox - Didn't really have a big impact, worked hard. 6.5
Pog - MOTM Worked hard, held the ball up well and scored a good headed goal. 9

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Jan 2015 18:42

Royal Ginger Could have won by a lot more. In control for the last 80 minutes.

Possibly Pogrebnyak's best game in a Reading shirt.

Chalobah's was a beaut.

Despite no goals in the second half it was certainly entertaining.

Only reason there was no red for the penalty was because Pog was fouled by three people at once, impossible to pick one.

Fat ref appalling for both sides.

I may never be warm again.

The ref was poor but nowhere near as bad as his supposed assistant on the East Stand side. He could have helped the ref out as regards the culprit for the penalty but didn't even flag for it. Seemed fixated on Cox being offside and so wrongly flagged when McCleary got the ball. The time he took a guess (got it wrong) re the throw in during the second half was appalling, he was only a couple of yards away with clear line of sight. Loved the spot on shout from the stand - 'Lino, we don't like you'!

Can someone please explain why HRK is our first choice penalty taker?

JR

by JR » 31 Jan 2015 18:47

Agree with the plaudits for Pog - his beau game for us.

Thought McLeary was onside for what should have been the third.

Our penalty was a bad decision by the ref as player got the ball.

However , HRK's poor penalty taking has finally caught up with him. He always allows the keeper a fifty fifty chance to save it. He should never take a penalty again - we need someone who can strike a penalty

Berry

by Berry » 31 Jan 2015 19:01

Finally agree with Winchester Royal....I thought HRK looked a lot slimmer and put in a great shift, Loved the game today....Best game ive seen in 2 plus years....Difficult for MOM but Chalobah probably for that goal, What a class act that guy is.....more of this please Mr Clarke....Oh by the way Sheff Wed fans, If you going to give it the old tosser and abuse stuff then try directing at others rather than the family end!!! A bit weak, a bit like your 6 ft yeti of a striker!!!

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 31 Jan 2015 19:03

John Madejski's Wallet
Pepe the Horseman Pog and Williams were class. Wednesday's big striker was fcuking awful.
^^^^
Good to see Williams back at his driving, struggle-pig best and Pogo was immense. That massive Wednesday striker was dreadful

The one that looked like Demis Roussos? He made Brayson look like a footballer.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 31 Jan 2015 19:06

Royal Ginger Fat ref appalling for both sides.

I thought the referee had an excellent game for a change , as for Robson-Kanu woeful

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2015 19:07

I was watching their no 9 in the warm up and he barely got above walking pace and looked like a lumbering carthorse. So I was unsurprised when that was exactly how he played.

RB: I think HRK takes pens because he has a reasonable record scoring them, even if they are very iffy. I can't think of anyone in the side I'd be confident of scoring them as an alternative.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 31 Jan 2015 19:10

Gunny Fishcake
Royal Ginger Fat ref appalling for both sides.

I thought the referee had an excellent game for a change , as for Robson-Kanu woeful

Really? I thought he was gash. Missed loads of pushes plus a Wednesday defender climbing on Pog's back followed by Pog trying to get his own back with a challenge that would've deserved a red card if he'd made contact.

Esteban

by Esteban » 31 Jan 2015 19:14

That's the first time I've seen us really control a game in years. Even when Wednesday did create a chance, Federici was equal to it. That said, there's still a lot to improve on, but that was an encouraging performance.

Chalobah, Williams and Pogrebnyak were all excellent. Pearce and Hector very good, though Hector sometimes shows his inexperience and makes the wrong decision. He's still learning though.

The spine of the team were on top all game and after the first 10 minutes, once their fans had been silenced, I felt pretty confident.

The Wolves game will be a good indication of how far we've come since Adkins.

162 posts