RUMOUR - Robert Beric

674 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Robert Beric

by maffff » 30 Aug 2015 15:13

paultheroyal C) Wells

:| :roll: another league one quality striker just cos he has a little pace?

oxf*rd off already... The cries for Wells are so oxf*rd boring.

Tommio

by Tommio » 30 Aug 2015 15:33

maffff
paultheroyal C) Wells

:| :roll: another league one quality striker just cos he has a little pace?

oxf*rd off already... The cries for Wells are so oxf*rd boring.

Would rather get Mayuka on loan than Wells

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 30 Aug 2015 16:32

Nameless
P!ssed Off Why would they name their asking price then?.

Did they ? We just know reports from various translations. We know they said they wouldn't sell for less than a figure, but I don't think they said that if anyone gave that figure they would sell. If we'd offered X up front then they could still have declined it, or waited. It's not Tesco's, Beric doesn't have a tag round his neck with a price on. It's all up for grabs.
And I think you are getting confused with buyout clauses where players have contracted amounts they will be released for. Not what happened here.

Andreas Muller, sporting director at Rapid, said: "We have set a price of €5.4 million."
5th July 2015

And no, I'm not getting confused with buyout clauses thanks.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 30 Aug 2015 17:22

His plane to France has just crashed into mountains, no survivors expected

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Aug 2015 17:50

:|

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2015 18:06

So a day nearer the close date and still no clues as to who we will get in as a striker. As the Beric deal is more or less dead now I bet it's going to be a loan from Chelsea when the loan window re-opens isn't it?

Either that or the club will turn around and say they tried for a striker but they now actually have every confidence in Nick Blackman to take on the role for the next 6 months at least....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2015 18:32

Froomes
Ian Royal
Froomes You're right, you can't force a player.

All Clarke can do is tell Hammond who he wants, it's Hammonds job to get those players in. It really is that simple.

I don't think you can knock Hammond for failing to get in an unrealistic target. By your rules its still Clarke's fault for not giving Hammond another target / agreeing to move on.

Not that I agree anyone's at fault.

Hammond is very good at getting a bargain and selling players for profit, however he is very poor at closing deals for players other teams are interested in.

Exactly this, although when things get competitive he may be hampered by those that hold the purse strings at the club.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Aug 2015 18:52

Sutekh So a day nearer the close date and still no clues as to who we will get in as a striker. As the Beric deal is more or less dead now I bet it's going to be a loan from Chelsea when the loan window re-opens isn't it?

Either that or the club will turn around and say they tried for a striker but they now actually have every confidence in Nick Blackman to take on the role for the next 6 months at least....

If we end up with Dom Solanke for six months.... it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Froomes

by Froomes » 30 Aug 2015 18:56

Isn't he already on loan abroad?

Tommio

by Tommio » 30 Aug 2015 19:01

maffff
Sutekh So a day nearer the close date and still no clues as to who we will get in as a striker. As the Beric deal is more or less dead now I bet it's going to be a loan from Chelsea when the loan window re-opens isn't it?

If we end up with Dom Solanke for six months.... it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Already gone to Vitesse

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 30 Aug 2015 19:08

Think he scored for vitesse today while on loan

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Aug 2015 19:31

Has anyone mentioned he might be on loan?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Aug 2015 19:50

P!ssed Off
Nameless
P!ssed Off Why would they name their asking price then?.

Did they ? We just know reports from various translations. We know they said they wouldn't sell for less than a figure, but I don't think they said that if anyone gave that figure they would sell. If we'd offered X up front then they could still have declined it, or waited. It's not Tesco's, Beric doesn't have a tag round his neck with a price on. It's all up for grabs.
And I think you are getting confused with buyout clauses where players have contracted amounts they will be released for. Not what happened here.

Andreas Muller, sporting director at Rapid, said: "We have set a price of €5.4 million."
5th July 2015

So nothing to suggest they would have sold at that price. Have you ever bought or sold a house ?

And if you aren't confused by buyout clauses you sure make it seem like you are, your arguments would make sense in that context but they don't in any other.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 30 Aug 2015 20:24

Ginger Ninjas The sale of Pog was out of the blue.

Took a number of months to get sorted i understand. Discussions between the clubs went on for a long time.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 30 Aug 2015 20:28

Nameless
P!ssed Off
Nameless Did they ? We just know reports from various translations. We know they said they wouldn't sell for less than a figure, but I don't think they said that if anyone gave that figure they would sell. If we'd offered X up front then they could still have declined it, or waited. It's not Tesco's, Beric doesn't have a tag round his neck with a price on. It's all up for grabs.

5th July 2015

So nothing to suggest they would have sold at that price. Have you ever bought or sold a house ?

And if you aren't confused by buyout clauses you sure make it seem like you are, your arguments would make sense in that context but they don't in any other.

- I said Rapid named their asking price.
- You replied "Did they?"
- I've produced a direct quote where they've named their asking price.

We move on.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 30 Aug 2015 20:38, edited 2 times in total.

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 30 Aug 2015 20:29

Winston Smith

Took a number of months to get sorted i understand. Discussions between the clubs went on for a long time.

Yep, but the club played their cards close to their chest - wasn't as if Watts or anyone else had mooted the move. I'm positively hoping that they're doing something similar with an incoming striker.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Aug 2015 20:38

PO - You might want to read more than the first two words of the post.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 30 Aug 2015 20:45

Ian Royal PO - You might want to read more than the first two words of the post.

"We have set a price of €5.4 million."
Is that an asking price: Yes or No?

The rest is irrelevant.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Aug 2015 21:04

P!ssed Off
- I said Rapid named their asking price.
- You replied "Did they?"
- I've produced a direct quote where they've named their asking price.

We move on.

you've not got much of an idea about debating have you !
Naming a price is irrelevant to your start point that we could have got him in July. It was never an option.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 30 Aug 2015 21:13

Ginger Ninjas
Winston Smith

Yep, but the club played their cards close to their chest - wasn't as if Watts or anyone else had mooted the move. I'm positively hoping that they're doing something similar with an incoming striker.

one bloke at a newspaper and some people on a gossip section of a website not hearing of it doesnt mean it was out of the blue

674 posts