Alex Fernandez

RoyalJack

Re: Alex Fernandez

by RoyalJack » 20 Jan 2016 18:35

Nice touch from Anton to speak with him at length after his goal, obviously praising his ethics. Gunter joined in too, Alex looks to be a popular squad member.

I would imagine Anton is a good man to have around.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Jan 2016 18:44

Alex is also the club's biggest cheerleader on Twitter. Even when he's not in the 18, he's always got a little graphic and a 'come on Reading let's get 3 points' style rally call. He certainly seems like a good chap, but I don't see him getting a look in unless we start playing a 2-7-1 formation. Shame.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Jan 2016 18:47

Snowball136 While Piazon sauntered forward, just about making the half-way line

John is far worse.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Jan 2016 18:47

(RoyalJack) Anton has pleasently surprised me....when his work on the field was curtailed, his work off of the field was well recieved in the community.

Anyways....back to Alex

Cracking goal....and how many times have we seen the opposition (and other teams on the FL Show) fire goals in a similar fashion?
Simple, that's the way to do it.........More please

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Jan 2016 20:06

Pepe the Horseman Am I the only person who's desperate to see Quinn back in the team?

A couple of months ago before his injury he was thought by many fans to be a crucial member of our starting eleven and in fact our drop in form was put down by many as being because he and Tish were no longer available.
I would have thought that he would have been Brian's type of player rather than Piazon or Kanu.
As the new lad seems to have played an important role in Walsall's excellent first half of the season and we have gone and bought him there is every chance that he will be a starter.

If Tish is fit the midfield looks to be big on numbers and it will be interesting to see who Brian thinks is his best 3 or 4 and if he choose to go with 2 wingers as we did for much of his time and the time of Coppell with both Brian and Steve having been wingers themselves.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jan 2016 20:23

Royal Ginger Alex is also the club's biggest cheerleader on Twitter. Even when he's not in the 18, he's always got a little graphic and a 'come on Reading let's get 3 points' style rally call. He certainly seems like a good chap, but I don't see him getting a look in unless we start playing a 2-7-1 formation. Shame.

He's just been totally scuppered by Norwood's PotS form. They seem to me to be similar and there for the same role. Only one can really play and that's clearly the permanent Norwood who's in fine form.

On Quinn, much as I rate him... I think Williams offers us a little more threat going forward (less defensively mind) and you'd be hard pressed to find a manager who'd drop Williams considering his energy, drive and goalscoring record this season.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 20 Jan 2016 20:44

Sutekh
genome I know he was only on for 5 minutes last night, but he looked very assured and took his goal well. Please give him a couple of starts Brian, him, Norwood and Williams would be a really solid midfield. Perhaps move Piazon a bit further forward.

Seem to get this report a lot after his brief cameos so perhaps we should be looking to sign him permanently, also Brian said of him after the game (according to CW)

"He was terrific. He is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s a terrific professional. He came on, kept the ball and calmed us down. He was very good and scored a great goal.

It has been difficult for him. But he trains right, he does things right, he lives his life right and he joins in.

He’s been very much part of what we’re trying to do here. Everybody together. I can’t speak highly enough of him
."

And he was actually on for 15 minutes ...

I thought he looked good - refreshed the side. Piazon had been struggling for a while after a knock to his lower back.

The goal was great - came out of nowhere when everyone least expected it.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 20 Jan 2016 20:46

Royal Ginger Alex is also the club's biggest cheerleader on Twitter. Even when he's not in the 18, he's always got a little graphic and a 'come on Reading let's get 3 points' style rally call. He certainly seems like a good chap, but I don't see him getting a look in unless we start playing a 2-7-1 formation. Shame.

Yep - this. You'd be mistaken for thinking he played week in week out as captain.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Jan 2016 20:47

ZacNaloen I have a vendetta against the Williams Norwood partnership, which is while they are individually good they are shit as a pair.

^ This really

But Brian is such a 442 man I can't see him changing things (hence Quinn being benched)

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 20 Jan 2016 23:28

mambo3 Everyone that is not going to be available to play next season or have there contract renewed should not start.
Be on the Bench or squad member but not start.
Start bedding in a Team ready for next season.

Last night all 5 goals came from loanees.

Just saying

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2016 18:00

John Madejski's Wallet
ZacNaloen I have a vendetta against the Williams Norwood partnership, which is while they are individually good they are shit as a pair.

^ This really

But Brian is such a 442 man I can't see him changing things (hence Quinn being benched)

They were definitely shit as a pair under Clarke, a bit less so under Adkins. But they both seem to be playing really well this season on the whole. I'm not filled with confidence in them as a pairing, but I think they're doing well enough at the moment.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 22 Jan 2016 18:07

SydenhamRoyal
mambo3 Everyone that is not going to be available to play next season or have there contract renewed should not start.
Be on the Bench or squad member but not start.
Start bedding in a Team ready for next season.

Last night all 5 goals came from loanees.

Just saying

I said this on the BFTG thread ...