SUPER VYDRA

133 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

SUPER VYDRA

by Top Flight » 04 Jan 2016 09:27

I just want to hail Super Matej Vydra. His effort, spirit and commitment against Bristol City was absolutely sensational on Saturday. He won us that game through his sheer effort and I would like to heap my praise on Super Matej Vydra for running through brick walls for the cause!

Well done Matej Vydra!

He will be the first to admit that he has not been in top form this season, but you cannot knock his spirit and fight for the cause. As a fan that is all I ask from a man.

Four decent chances fell to Super Matej and unfortunately he couldn't stick any of them away. That is just a form issue. Form is temporary and with one of the best man managers in the game, McDermott sticking by him, his form will change and he has potential to become a top Reading legend. Providing we can keep him with us.

McDermott persevered with Shane Long and gave him the time and space to be a fantastic striker in the game. McDermott will be great for Matej Vydra and will get the best out of our superb Czech striker.

Once again, well done Matej your effort was first class on Saturday and I appreciate the way you didn't give up when losing the ball, you chased after that Bristol midfielder, snatched the ball off him and set us up on one last winning attack that brought home the three points. You are a star!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SUPER VYDRA

by paddy20 » 04 Jan 2016 09:42

Top Flight I just want to hail Super Matej Vydra. His effort, spirit and commitment against Bristol City was absolutely sensational on Saturday. He won us that game through his sheer effort and I would like to heap my praise on Super Matej Vydra for running through brick walls for the cause!

Well done Matej Vydra!

He will be the first to admit that he has not been in top form this season, but you cannot knock his spirit and fight for the cause. As a fan that is all I ask from a man.

Four decent chances fell to Super Matej and unfortunately he couldn't stick any of them away. That is just a form issue. Form is temporary and with one of the best man managers in the game, McDermott sticking by him, his form will change and he has potential to become a top Reading legend. Providing we can keep him with us.

McDermott persevered with Shane Long and gave him the time and space to be a fantastic striker in the game. McDermott will be great for Matej Vydra and will get the best out of our superb Czech striker.

Once again, well done Matej your effort was first class on Saturday and I appreciate the way you didn't give up when losing the ball, you chased after that Bristol midfielder, snatched the ball off him and set us up on one last winning attack that brought home the three points. You are a star!

No not a star. Its only his 100% commitment that has kept a tenuous belief in his abilities and stopped the crowd from turning on him. Also his ability to be in the right place at the right time. If only he could make those abilities pay.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 04 Jan 2016 10:16

I was praising his effort Paddy....

I think he deserves praise for his unbelievable first class attitude. Things have not been going well for the lad. But he doesn't shirk, he doesn't wilter, he just fights on. It was that brilliant attitude and spirit that won us the match against Bristol.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 04 Jan 2016 10:25

Did anyone else read Top Flight's posts in the voice of Stuart Hall?

Just me then*.

* No pedalo.

RoyalJack

by RoyalJack » 04 Jan 2016 10:41

Well said. He just needs a goal. If he keeps working and getting in the right positions, the goals will come.

In recent games I feel the fans have been with the team, a few moans on here but a good atmosphere at the ground. The last thing Vydra needs is fans vocally on his back at the game.

A few weeks ago I was watching a local evening game at Margate. The striker who got them promoted the season before was having a bad run of games and missed a half chance. This bloke shouted at him and told him he was ¥$#%rubbish#%¥$. The next chance that fell to him and he passed it, the move broke down and the same bloke asked why he had passed. I explained to him that he had just evaporated the last shreds of confidence in the striker and that he was highly unlikely to score with fans abusing him.

I've not seen said supporter since and said striker has scored half a dozen since. Amazing!!!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 04 Jan 2016 10:57

Top Flight I was praising his effort Paddy....

I think he deserves praise for his unbelievable first class attitude. Things have not been going well for the lad. But he doesn't shirk, he doesn't wilter, he just fights on. It was that brilliant attitude and spirit that won us the match against Bristol.

Yes totally agree with you. Any other player that has missed so many chances wouldn't still be considered a good player. The fact that he has maintained his attitude, especially only being on loan, says a lot about him. Just hope its starts going right at some time.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 05 Jan 2016 10:20

Top man manager is our Brian...

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-boss-brian-mcdermott-10684411

McDermott said to Vydra
“I had a chat with Matej at half-time. He was a bit down but I said listen, I’m not down - you just keep doing what you’re doing. Keep putting yourself on the line.

Another quote from the best man manager in the business...
“We had Shane Long here and Shane went through a spell when he first got into the team when he constantly put himself on the line to score goals - but I think he went 15/16 games without scoring.

“There was never any chance of me leaving him out though. Yes he was missing chances but what he was doing for the team was phenomenal.

“He laughs about that period now. The amount of goals he went on to get for us and the amount of assists, he was just such an important player.

Judging by those comments, I think McDermott is going to play Vydra every week. And I'm glad because Vydra is going to come good for us. He is a brilliant player. I would play him just for his work rate alone. What he does for the team is phenomenal. Just like Shane Long.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Jan 2016 15:51

Uh oh, I can see a "Brian has his favourites" thread being started now with those comments about Vydra

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 05 Jan 2016 22:54

Got to admit I was wrong about Vydra, can see him being a real force for us.

FO Blackman.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 20 Jan 2016 18:31

Just checked his RFC stats

1544 Minutes
6 Goals 257 mins per goal
3 Assists 172 mins per (goal-or-assist)

and he does a lot of excellent work on top of that

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 21 Jan 2016 10:05

Snowball136 Just checked his RFC stats

1544 Minutes

That is nowhere near good enough for a player who was brought in to score goals, especially considering some of the chances he's had. Nick Blackman was scoring far more regularly, and Vydra's hat-trick has rather inflated his stats some what. In the league he has a goal every 684 minutes, and g/a every 273 minutes.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 21 Jan 2016 10:17

Does anyone know whether there was an option to buy on top of the loan fee. If it was like 2.5 million for the loan and 4.5 million on top I think it would be worth considering?? Would be a good statement from owners. Would be interesting if any of the others had options to buy. I'd certainly have ola john and Taylor as well. Then we would have a developing team for next year. If that is all the transfer business we did in the summer I'd be happy, couple of free transfers in defence and bring on next year

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 21 Jan 2016 10:41

The original article on his coming here says:

It is also understood that Reading have an option to buy the 23-year-old on a permanent basis, should they secure promotion to the Premier League.

My Watford supporting friend seems to think that we have a duty to buy him should we go up (although he also thinks it's for £20m so I think he may be being a tad optimistic). I think I've heard £10m from others?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 21 Jan 2016 10:50

if he scores 15 league goals this season and gets us to the playoffs, and then up, id say that 7.5 million would be about right

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 21 Jan 2016 10:58

I don't think the board would spend that money, maybe if the 7.5 million was made up of the initial 2.5 million spent on loan and 5 million for perm. Anybody know what the price tags on old john and Taylor are???

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 21 Jan 2016 11:03

they would if we went up

if theyre willing to spend 2.5 for a years loan in the championship

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jan 2016 11:17

I don't think they've got a choice if we go up. I'd pay it even if we don't go up and it means us going into administration.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Jan 2016 11:47

Pepe the Horseman I don't think they've got a choice if we go up. I'd pay it even if we don't go up and it means us going into administration.

+1

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 21 Jan 2016 11:51

kwik-silva That is nowhere near good enough for a player who was brought in to score goals, especially considering some of the chances he's had. Nick Blackman was scoring far more regularly, and Vydra's hat-trick has rather inflated his stats some what.

Yeah, scoring goals will do that. Pretty sneaky of him.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 21 Jan 2016 11:52

kwik-silva
Snowball136 Just checked his RFC stats

1544 Minutes

That is nowhere near good enough for a player who was brought in to score goals, especially considering some of the chances he's had. Nick Blackman was scoring far more regularly, and Vydra's hat-trick has rather inflated his stats some what. In the league he has a goal every 684 minutes, and g/a every 273 minutes.

Let's also remember the team has been going through a terrible time,
manager sacked, unbalanced side, no big man up front alongside
Vydra etc. Personally I am more than happy with his contribution to date
and IMO he will only get better

133 posts