Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Wednesday (A)

by Hendo » 17 Mar 2017 21:56

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2017 22:11

LOL @ Williams getting the closest to tackling Popa for his goal.

double d

by double d » 17 Mar 2017 22:14

I didn't listen to the game or watch it but we won against one of the best team in the league so we must be good but lots of people said grabbing was rubbish again he must be one of the worst players at our club since Peter mate, Eric obinna chuckwenyelu and the guy with the beard we bought from Stoke who played in defence and was absolutely horrendous but who is now a super model

biff

by biff » 17 Mar 2017 22:15

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Mar 2017 22:15

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 17 Mar 2017 22:27

No world class saves, but my god we were battered!

Wins a win :?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Mar 2017 22:42

PistolPete No world class saves, but my god we were battered!

Wins a win :?

No world class saves? God have you seen the highlights?

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 17 Mar 2017 22:51

Yeah if anyone wants to put a name to the face, I was the guy loving on Ali all night, and also abusing their keeper, in a northern accent, great win!

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 17 Mar 2017 22:53

Great win though and following on from Preston the lads actually looked like they cared! I love Ali

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 17 Mar 2017 23:18

Just got home. We were excellent tonight. I'd hardly say Wednesday battered us. They had periods of pressure when Ali made a series of oustanding saves, but it was hardly one way traffic or sustained. For large parts of the game we looked comfortable in keeping them at bay. We played some excellent football and took our chances (even if Williams tried to stop Poppa from scoring!). Overall everyone played well, but I thought that Obita, Swift and Yann were all excellent (Ali was MOM obviously). I was less sure about Beerens (who continues to infuriate me) and Grabban (who just confuses me, what does he add?!) As for Wednesday, Rhodes has balance problems, McManaman was abject and they do like a ball over the top......(Of course at this point I must add that we actually lost due to being a tiny tinpot club with a small away following)....I really didn't see tonight panning out as it did, so I'm delighted I was wrong!!!

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 18 Mar 2017 01:15

We weren't battered whatsoever tonight. They had a prolonged period of possession in the final 15 minutes, which is to be expected when we were 1-0 up, but we more than half our own this evening.

Grabben aside, everyone put an absolute shift in, they can all hold their heads up high.

Nights like tonight are what we watch football for.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Mar 2017 01:56

Match ticket: £33
Petrol: £40
Beer: £8
Watching your team defend for their lives blocking and saving shot after shot and then scoring by practically walking it into the goal with the opposition keeper in the other half, against a playoff rival after losing 3 away games in a row without scoring: Priceless

Beats Bristol City away for me. Utter scenes. We celebrated some of those saves and clearances louder than we have goals this season, and the moment Popa got free everyone just lost their shit, I didn't even see him score. What a night.

We started very brightly and for some bizarre reason Wednesday decided not to press us and let us play our game, big mistake. We showed what we we've been lacking for so long. Quick tempo, one touch passes, great movement and so much more. Our attacking play was magnificent at times without being too extravagant, just simple, accurate and effective. When Wednesday went forward they did look threatening though I'm not sure how much of that was down to the almost expected inevitability of conceding. No idea how many balls into the box they pumped in, fortunately without a lot of quality but was mostly dealt well with.

Beyond that period towards the end of the game when it was corner after corner, shot after shot, block after block, save after save, they didn't batter us at all. They probably had the better efforts on goal before that but our overall play was far better. If the first half was about finesse and quality, the second was grit, determination and heart. We defended astutely, were very organized and strong when we needed to be.

Al-Habsi 10 - MOTM, don't really need to say anything else.

Gunter 8 - I'm one of his biggest critics but I thought he was excellent.
Blackett 7 - A few standard Blackett moments but contributed well at times, probably given a slightly higher rating because of the clean sheet.
Moore 9 - Commanding performance and showed us what we were missing defensively. He really is our most important player.
Obita 8 - Mature performance, stuck to his task well.

Williams 9 - Terrific display. He always offers energy but today he demonstrated a lot of quality too, smarter decision making and better movement.
Swift 8 - Ran himself into the ground, best display since injury. One lol moment when he hit a pass so hard that had it been aimed towards the goal I'm sure it would have hit the top corner.
VDB 8 - Absolute tank.

McCleary 7 - A good performance from GMac, faded second half along with our attacking intent.
Kermorgant 8 - Got the goal which set us on our way, Good link up and, as always, so solid defensively.
Beerens 6 - I actually thought he did ok, but obviously came off quite early.

SUBS

Grabban 3 - Everyone can hold their head held high and be proud of their display tonight, except for this waster. Useless sack of shit can't do anything. Heavy touch, runs into trouble, loses the ball, jogs around when he should be sprinting. No wonder Bournemouth wanted rid. File under the long list of "big name" loans that haven't worked out in recent years.
Popa 6 - Didn't have long to make an impact but boy did he. I know hes quick, but against the tiring Wednesday defence he looked absolutely rapid. I really like him, great low centre of gravity, quick, nimble. All action player. That goal though... mad scenes. Him and Meite as impact subs is a pretty tasty thought.
Oxford N/A -

Ratings are probably a bit on the high side but oxf*rd it, the character and bottle they showed tonight deserve it.

Thought the fans were excellent tonight considering the numbers. Helped I'm sure by our good start but we were fairly vocal by our standards, we got 4 whole renditions of "Jaap Stam had a dream".. well 3 and a half. Well done to everyone that traveled, well rewarded by a game that will live long in my memory.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Mar 2017 02:13

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 18 Mar 2017 02:24

double d I didn't listen to the game or watch it but we won against one of the best team in the league so we must be good but lots of people said grabbing was rubbish again he must be one of the worst players at our club since Peter mate, Eric obinna chuckwenyelu and the guy with the beard we bought from Stoke who played in defence and was absolutely horrendous but who is now a super model

Didn't listen or watch it :shock:

This is the BFTG forum......
#fakenews

Urrrrrrrrzzzz

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 18 Mar 2017 02:24

double d I didn't listen to the game or watch it but we won against one of the best team in the league so we must be good but lots of people said grabbing was rubbish again he must be one of the worst players at our club since Peter mate, Eric obinna chuckwenyelu and the guy with the beard we bought from Stoke who played in defence and was absolutely horrendous but who is now a super model

#fakenews

Urrrrrrrrzzzz

double d

by double d » 18 Mar 2017 06:22

Emeraldroyal

#fakenews

Urrrrrrrrzzzz

Oh because the forum is only allowed for people that went to the game or listening to it what are you the forum police. I'm a bigger and better fan then you i know all the players names.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Mar 2017 08:08

Big shout out to JVDB. Got a lot of stick before his injury, but has been quality since he's been back in the team.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Mar 2017 08:14

double d
Emeraldroyal

#fakenews

Urrrrrrrrzzzz

Oh because the forum is only allowed for people that went to the game or listening to it what are you the forum police. I'm a bigger and better fan then you i know all the players names.

Hi Dave.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 18 Mar 2017 08:25

double d
Emeraldroyal

#fakenews

Urrrrrrrrzzzz

Oh because the forum is only allowed for people that went to the game or listening to it what are you the forum police. I'm a bigger and better fan then you i know all the players names'

My dads bigger than your dad :evil: