by double d » 18 Mar 2017 08:32

Emeraldroyal
double d
Emeraldroyal

Didn't listen or watch it :shock:

This is the BFTG forum......
#fakenews

Urrrrrrrrzzzz

Oh because the forum is only allowed for people that went to the game or listening to it what are you the forum police. I'm a bigger and better fan then you i know all the players names'

My dads bigger than your dad :evil:

You can't even quote properly let alone recite all the songs to players

Emeraldroyal

Re: BFTG - Wednesday (A)

by Emeraldroyal » 18 Mar 2017 08:34

double d
Emeraldroyal
double d

Oh because the forum is only allowed for people that went to the game or listening to it what are you the forum police. I'm a bigger and better fan then you i know all the players names'

My dads bigger than your dad :evil:

You can't even quote properly let alone recite all the songs to players

:lol:

Ah he's awake bless him.
Wipe that drool off the side of your mouth. Good boy.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 18 Mar 2017 08:48

First half we were back to our best, the passing & movement was so slick and we were in total control.

Second half we were just under constant bombardment, and in the end we were lucky to come away with the three points.

I think we have been trying to figure out our best midfield three, but it's clear to me that's it's Joey, Williams & Swift. The balance between the three last night was superb, they all were outstanding. ( Best game I've seen Joey play)

Ratings

Al-Habsi 9
Gunter- 6
Obita-6
Moore-9
Blackett-7

Joey-8
Williams-8
Swift-8

Beerens-6
Mcleary-7
Yann-7

Grabban should only be used as an alternative to Yann or in a two. Struggled as a wide forward.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Mar 2017 09:05

LoyalRoyal22 First half we were back to our best, the passing & movement was so slick and we were in total control.

Second half we were just under constant bombardment, and in the end we were lucky to come away with the three points.

I think we have been trying to figure out our best midfield three, but it's clear to me that's it's Joey, Williams & Swift. The balance between the three last night was superb, they all were outstanding. ( Best game I've seen Joey play)

Ratings

Al-Habsi 9
Gunter- 6
Obita-6
Moore-9
Blackett-7

Joey-8
Williams-8
Swift-8

Beerens-6
Mcleary-7
Yann-7

Grabban should only be used as an alternative to Yann or in a two. Struggled as a wide forward.

Surprised at the 6 for Obita. I thought he was excellent, both defending and going forward. Even pinged a few longer passes about, which surprised me!

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 18 Mar 2017 09:16

Very similar to Preston in the first 20 minutes where we looked really good. This time we scored.

I thought Swift and VDB were outstanding for us.

I've been a massive critic of AAH all season for his ball playing and catching abilities. But shot stopping tonight he was immense.

Showed real team spirit today to dig in, this will give us a massive lift just like the win up at Barnsley did earlier in the season.

15 away games in a row for me now but due to work I can't make it 16 :cry: :x

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Mar 2017 09:37

One really nice thing about winning on a Friday night, you can relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend's football without having to fret about our match 8)

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 18 Mar 2017 10:02

Also Blackett really needs to work on his concentration. Another couple of mistakes last night which nearly cost us.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 18 Mar 2017 10:08

LWJ Also Blackett really needs to work on his concentration. Another couple of mistakes last night which nearly cost us.

Agreed! I particularly enjoyed the huge swing of his left boot that completely missed the ball and ended up with Obita giving away a free kick by the sideline just outside the box.....

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 18 Mar 2017 10:38

I actually think Blackett is starting to improve & has benefited from a run of games. Was good last night ( but does still need to work on his concentration to cut out the silly mistakes. )

Popa deserves a mention. Gave a good account & his pace on the break was just what we needed.

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 18 Mar 2017 11:12

CountryRoyal Match ticket: £33
Petrol: £40
Beer: £8
Watching your team defend for their lives blocking and saving shot after shot and then scoring by practically walking it into the goal with the opposition keeper in the other half, against a playoff rival after losing 3 away games in a row without scoring: Priceless

Beats Bristol City away for me. Utter scenes. We celebrated some of those saves and clearances louder than we have goals this season, and the moment Popa got free everyone just lost their shit, I didn't even see him score. What a night.

(...Middle part omitted to save paper...)

Thought the fans were excellent tonight considering the numbers. Helped I'm sure by our good start but we were fairly vocal by our standards, we got 4 whole renditions of "Jaap Stam had a dream".. well 3 and a half. Well done to everyone that traveled, well rewarded by a game that will live long in my memory.

Lovely report, intelligent insights. Almost makes up for not being there, despite knowing all the players' names :lol: .

As to the other guy, it's Taipei, yeah?

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 18 Mar 2017 11:47

LoyalRoyal22 I actually think Blackett is starting to improve & has benefited from a run of games. Was good last night ( but does still need to work on his concentration to cut out the silly mistakes. )

Popa deserves a mention. Gave a good account & his pace on the break was just what we needed.

His pace is unreal. Gets the fans on their feet i think he'll be a superb addition in time. Seems to be well liked too.
A good egg ! Keep it up POPA

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 18 Mar 2017 11:50

As if actually going counts.....

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Mar 2017 11:52

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 18 Mar 2017 11:53

Emeraldroyal
LoyalRoyal22 I actually think Blackett is starting to improve & has benefited from a run of games. Was good last night ( but does still need to work on his concentration to cut out the silly mistakes. )

His pace is unreal. Gets the fans on their feet i think he'll be a superb addition in time. Seems to be well liked too.
A good egg ! Keep it up POPA

Agree with all this, but Popa does need to work on his finishing......isn't always going to have an empty net to shoot at :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Mar 2017 12:24

'Watching' the game on BBC Live Text it would appear that Foul by Joey Van Den Berg make an outstanding contribution, at least in the first 25 minutes or so! It is a travesty that his contribution wasn't recognised with the yellow card it surely deserved! ;-)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Mar 2017 12:31

On the subject of yellows, Blackett got booked for a terrific take-no prisoners tackle when he cleanly won the ball, he then got a yellow because of the disgusting reaction from not just the player, but the Wednesday bench CC and coaching staff. A bit hypocritical talking about our time wasting as cheating when they pull that shit.

Also a note on the last 15 minutes or so. Maybe I'm looking at it through RTGs but even at the time I didn't feel we were doing a lot wrong, I thought the delivery of their corners (unlike their crosses) were excellent and it was just good sustained pressure from them. Maybe a couple of times that we missed a header but by and large I think was just down to their quality rather than mistakes of our own.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 18 Mar 2017 12:41

CountryRoyal On the subject of yellows, Blackett got booked for a terrific take-no prisoners tackle when he cleanly won the ball, he then got a yellow because of the disgusting reaction from not just the player, but the Wednesday bench CC and coaching staff. A bit hypocritical talking about our time wasting as cheating when they pull that shit.

Also a note on the last 15 minutes or so. Maybe I'm looking at it through RTGs but even at the time I didn't feel we were doing a lot wrong, I thought the delivery of their corners (unlike their crosses) were excellent and it was just good sustained pressure from them. Maybe a couple of times that we missed a header but by and large I think was just down to their quality rather than mistakes of our own.

Jordan Rhodes disrupts the gravity around him......he just cannot stay on his feet.....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Mar 2017 11:12

What a superb evening and one that could well be so meaningful come the end of the season. We were the better side, no doubt. They delivered the crosses in well in the last few minutes but I was always confident we'd hold on.

No one has mentioned how good Kermorgant was: winning everything in the air, holding it up and buying vital time which is what you need in an away game like that. Well taken finish too, of course.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Mar 2017 11:22

Al Habsi a shoe in for POTS.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 20 Mar 2017 11:26

lol @ shoe