BFTG - Villa (A)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTG - Villa (A)

by CountryRoyal » 15 Apr 2017 20:51

What a response from last week. Had a feeling we might get something today.

At times there looked nothing in it but overall we were by far the better team and deserved winners. Has to be said Villa were awful, made so many mistakes. WTF was Mendes about :shock: good performance, well taken goals and should have had a hat trick - happy to see him involved against Rotherham (if he recovers - was off his feet when he went off :lol: ). Shout out to Grabban who I have been extremely critical of, thought he was very good, by far his best display since his arrival. My only criticism would be we seemed a little indecisive at the back at times, but nothing bad came of it.

Everyone did well and put in a shift but Kelly was awesome as was commented to me by a few Villa fans. Swift too was very good.

Happy days and roll on Monday and Rotherham where it would be very typically reading to lose :lol:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Villa (A)

by Lower West » 15 Apr 2017 21:22

Grabbens, Popa and Mendes a sublime selection by Stam for an away fixture. Counter attacking with real pace. Gave Kelly the opportunity to show his full range of passing.

Popa's contribution shouldn't be underestimated. A small guy that runs his socks off unlike Beerans works hard defensively too. A real team player.

As for Mendes. A legend in the making. Sorry Yann (although I think you're great) your days are finally numbered.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Apr 2017 21:24

Luke Moore was my MOM - thought he was immense, as he has been all season. I also thought Blackett looked far more assured today.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Apr 2017 21:26

Just got home. too pissed to remember much. I know we were good.bur as usual its how bad Villa and not how good we where. dont forget they were unbeaten in 6 games. will post a BFTG after a good black coffee in the morning,

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2017 21:42

hey Windermere, do you back onto Barnsdale, Stanhope or Starvation Road?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Apr 2017 22:04

Royals and Racers Luke Moore was my MOM - thought he was immense, as he has been all season. I also thought Blackett looked far more assured today.

Blackett and Obita are beginning to work well together.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 15 Apr 2017 22:20

Royals and Racers Luke Moore was my MOM - thought he was immense, as he has been all season. I also thought Blackett looked far more assured today.

I can't let this slide. Bloody Luke Moore :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Apr 2017 22:21

royalp-we

Quality player. Even Taylor Blackett had a good game.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 15 Apr 2017 22:25

CountryRoyal
royalp-we

Agreed, so did Shawn Mendes

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Apr 2017 22:25

CountryRoyal
royalp-we

No Reading player had a better game today than Pedro Mendes though.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Apr 2017 22:27

genome
CountryRoyal
royalp-we

No Reading player had a better game today than Pedro Mendes though.

Christine Gunter and Jane Swift put in a shift.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2017 22:32

Janet Kermagant, Alison Alison Habsi etc etc

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 15 Apr 2017 22:36

Vital 3 points and a good performance to boot. Very even first half but second we were far better against a pretty average Villa

Al Habsi - 6 came for the corner we conceded from and ended up in no mans land but otherwise untroubled

Gunter - 7 Solid
Moore - 8 Been such a good signing and so consistent, solid all afternoon
Blackett - 8 Dealt with Kodjia really well all afternoon, was strong and quick, one of his better performances
Obita - 7 Silly booking but good enough

Popa - 7 Righlty subbed but put in a solid performance and shift, doesn't look like an RWB tbf
Kelly - 8 Constantly putting Villa under pressure and great passing too
Swift - 6 Average, did fine
Williams - 7 Typical Danny performance, booked early and looked like a red card walking at times

Grabban - 9 Two assist and a goal, always looking to offer for passes too, much improved!
Mendes - 9 MOTM fair play to the lad, was worried when I saw the line up but had a great game and missed a sitter in the first half too! Looking like a poor-mans Drogba... (Not quite)

Subs all 6's

Righted some wrongs with the last performance and fair play to Stam as well as he got it right today. Good to see no team will do the double over us this year and fans in good voice too, although bit of a scuffle at the front after the Mendes goal which want great. Onwards and upwards!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Apr 2017 22:41

Chappers93 Vital 3 points and a good performance to boot. Very even first half but second we were far better against a pretty average Villa

Al Habsi - 6 came for the corner we conceded from and ended up in no mans land but otherwise untroubled

Gunter - 7 Solid
Blackett - 8 Dealt with Kodjia really well all afternoon, was strong and quick, one of his better performances

Popa - 7 Righlty subbed but put in a solid performance and shift, doesn't look like an RWB tbf
Williams - 7 Typical Danny performance, booked early and looked like a red card walking at times

Grabban - 9 Two assist and a goal, always looking to offer for passes too, much improved!
Mendes - 9 MOTM fair play to the lad, was worried when I saw the line up but had a great game and missed a sitter in the first half too! Looking like a poor-mans Drogba... (Not quite)

Subs all 6's

Righted some wrongs with the last performance and fair play to Stam as well as he got it right today. Good to see no team will do the double over us this year and fans in good voice too, although bit of a scuffle at the front after the Mendes goal which want great. Onwards and upwards!

Must have watched a different game, I thought Swift was excellent.

Also how does Evans get the same rating as McCleary? :?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Apr 2017 22:43

Chappers93 Mendes - 9 MOTM fair play to the lad, was worried when I saw the line up but had a great game and missed a sitter in the first half too! Looking like a poor-mans Drogba... (Not quite)

Grabben missed the "sitter". A tame shot straight at the keeper. Mendes chance was more difficult. From high up in the stands. Didn't look that far away either.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 15 Apr 2017 23:00

Tony Xia - 10

It was at this moment he realised, he'd bought the wrong club.

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 15 Apr 2017 23:13

CountryRoyal
Chappers93 Vital 3 points and a good performance to boot. Very even first half but second we were far better against a pretty average Villa

Gunter - 7 Solid

Subs all 6's

Must have watched a different game, I thought Swift was excellent.

Also how does Evans get the same rating as McCleary? :?

Fair enough, thought he was fine, not his best performance and a laughable yellow but certainly not bad

Just lumped all the subs in together, didn't think it really mattered tbh

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 15 Apr 2017 23:14

Lower West
Chappers93 Mendes - 9 MOTM fair play to the lad, was worried when I saw the line up but had a great game and missed a sitter in the first half too! Looking like a poor-mans Drogba... (Not quite)

Grabben missed the "sitter". A tame shot straight at the keeper. Mendes chance was more difficult. From high up in the stands. Didn't look that far away either.

Still thought he should have buried it though....

Grabban had a few weak shots but still had a good game IMO

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 16 Apr 2017 07:06

Really enjoyed yesterday.
The team did well. Mendes WTF :o Never saw that coming! Incredible.
Liam Moore had their CF in his back pocket ably assisted by Blackett. Grabban much improved. Kelly everywhere.

I thought 1-3 flattered Villa. If we took our chances we could have easily had five or six. To be fair Villa had a few chances but coupled with awful finishing and terrific defending they were definitely second best.

The fans were top notch, although there seemed to be a bit of carnage after the second, a smoke bomb, and a few scrapping with police and stewards.
On a side note. Villa Park is a really impressive ground. Unfortunately for them, their fans were utterly terrible.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Apr 2017 08:47

CountryRoyal (if he recovers - was off his feet when he went off :lol: )

Just proves how fit Kermogant is - he does that work, for 90 minutes, week in, week out at the age of 36. Love Kermie but pleased to see another option coming through.

Kermie would not have scored his second though - just wouldn't have had the pace to get there. Bit like Samuel's goal against Burton earlier in the season