Who do you want to miss out on the play offs?

Who do you want to miss out on the play-offs?

Reading
3%
Huddersfield
3%
Sheffield Wednesday
3%
Fulham
31%
Leeds
47%
Ian Royal
14%

Total votes: 111
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Who do you want to miss out on the play offs?

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Apr 2017 23:53

We're officially down to 6 teams that will potentially compete in the play-offs, while Newcastle realistically can drop into the play-offs, they can't drop out so aren't included. For the self-haters out there I included Reading.

Personally I went for Fulham as I feel they're the most likely team to beat us over 2 legs in my opinion but would find it hilarious if Leeds dropped out.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Who do you want to miss out on the play offs?

by CountryRoyal » 20 Apr 2017 00:12

I think Fulham is going to be the clear answer and a notion echoed by most fans across all the playoff teams.

They've cut us open at times easier than any other team has this season and when they're really on form there is no match in the division. Fortunately they are a bit hot and cold but it's a massive gamble.

I think the other team I'm most afraid of is Wednesday. I know we've done the double over them but they've really started to pick up steam. With Forristieri back, combined with their ever present consistently excellent dead ball delivery I could see them beating us too.

Over two legs Huddersfield would probably have the edge as well. They're a basically us this season but a bit better. Interestingly reading their forum the other day one poster wrote that he'd prefer the home leg first as when they take the lead they rarely lose and when they concede first they rarely win - sound familiar?

Leeds are the only ones I really wouldn't fear too much. They're in awful form and didn't do much in the recent game. Keep Wood quiet and they're nothing.

Overall, as is with the playoffs, it's a lottery. We're all good teams which is why we are where we are at this stage of the season. Most teams would like to play us id imagine but I'm happy with that. We're a surprise package (even to us), when we're good we're good and a match for anybody, when we're bad we're really bad and would lose to most league one teams.

I don't anticipate a horror show in the away leg but equally don't expect us to get to Wembley, happy to be proved wrong though.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Apr 2017 00:27

Leeds. Don't want them to go up. If they finish 7th they have 0% chance to go up.

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 20 Apr 2017 00:29

Leeds, no question.

It doesn't matter who we play (provided we actually make it) - we can beat any of those on our day. And if it isn't Reading, I would applaud any of the others getting to the PL.

But Leeds, with their despicable fans, players and manager, in with a chance of winning the playoffs? No thanks.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Apr 2017 01:10

If it's just who do you not want to go up rather than thinking about it from who we wouldn't want to face then yeah, Leeds obviously.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Apr 2017 01:11

NewCorkSeth Leeds. Don't want them to go up. If they finish 7th they have 0% chance to go up.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Apr 2017 01:24

Agree that while I'd love Leeds to finish 7th I also think they are the ones everyone would think would be the least difficult opposition. A dilemma !
Unsure why their manager is considered despicable though.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 20 Apr 2017 06:51

Leeds. Based on Jem getting done by Brown, a few seasons ago :evil: Karma.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 20 Apr 2017 07:19

I'm not frightened of any of them.

Come one come all!!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Apr 2017 08:34

Leeds would be the funniest should they miss out esp, as on their forums a lot of fans seemed to think them getting to at least the PO Final was a done deal.

However, unless they blow up over the next 2 games, the Weds V Fulham game gives them a bit of wiggle room despite being 7th now.

So would love Leeds to miss out but just based on the fixtures alone you have to say Fulham. A local derby and trips to Huddersfield and Weds. If they get in after that run-in then they would actually be favourites for the POs in my eyes.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Apr 2017 09:37

Id like to see Leeds miss out although not as much as I'd like to see them docked 50 points for being a bunch of cnuts.

Anyway, who gives a shit about the playoffs, we're gonna finish second.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 20 Apr 2017 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 20 Apr 2017 10:20

The Cap Leeds. Based on Jem getting done by Brown, a few seasons ago :evil: Karma.

+ 1

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Apr 2017 10:28

For once, after his tantrum in the close season, Ian Royal is the perfect answer to a HNA poll

As far as teams go, I don't really give a shit, as long as Leeds aren't ultimately successful we can LOL at them at some point

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 20 Apr 2017 10:33

Between Fulham, Leeds or Ian Royal for me.

Although, Wednesday and Huddersfield won't exactly be pushovers either.

The Informant

by The Informant » 20 Apr 2017 11:09

Silver Fox For once, after his tantrum in the close season, Ian Royal is the perfect answer to a HNA poll

As far as teams go, I don't really give a shit, as long as Leeds aren't ultimately successful we can LOL at them at some point

+1

If there is someone that doesn't deserve a final at Wembley it's Ian.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Apr 2017 11:11

Leeds not qualifying would be hilarious but the greater priority is Reading having the best chance of winning them and, as Fulham represent the greatest threat IMHO, I've gone for them.

But, for the avoidance of doubt, Ian Royal is a tw@t

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Apr 2017 11:48

Agree with the general view-don't want to play Fulham and prefer Leeds to be the ones to miss out.
Leeds seem to think that they should be at the top level because of history, size of club etc but IMHO both Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday have the greater history and if we don't make it then I wouldn't mind either of those making it even if I still can't forgive and forget Wednesday knocking us out of the cup 3-2 in 1966 with a jammy 3rd goal before they went all the way to the FA Cup final (a bit too long to bear a grudge??).

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 20 Apr 2017 11:49

My heart says Leeds:
I want a nice day out if we get to Wembley. We might be able to have that sharing public transport and pubs with Sheff Wed or Huddersfield fans. It wouldn't be the same if it was Leeds fans.

My head says Fulham
I do not want to have to play them again this year.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2017 17:59

Leeds for every single reason. They're so wound up by our recent victory they'll be desperate to beat us at any cost and will also happily kick us off the park.

On our day we'll beat anyone, Leeds are on the face of it the easiest, but their whole attitude makes me think we'd struggle to have our day.

Sorry to disappoint, but I expect to be there.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Apr 2017 18:06

Ian Royal Leeds for every single reason. They're so wound up by our recent victory they'll be desperate to beat us at any cost and will also happily kick us off the park.

On our day we'll beat anyone, Leeds are on the face of it the easiest, but their whole attitude makes me think we'd struggle to have our day.

Sorry to disappoint, but I expect to be there.

Have you ever won a poll?