Rate your season

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Rate your season

by bobby1413 » 20 Apr 2017 20:53

I don't mean how well Reading have done, even if we finished bottom you may have done really well.

What I mean is, how have you enjoyed it, based on home games/away games you've attended, things you've experienced etc....

For me it's a solid 8/10. It really is up there.

Away games I've done well, with:

Rotherham (new ground)
    Brentford (new ground)
    Man United
    Fulham
    Brighton
    Bristol City (WOW WOW WOW - that alone gets a 1 point boost)
    Arsenal (meh - didn't enjoy that day out at all even without that result)
    QPR

Definitely a good season for me here, as I was at Bristol City and got two new grounds in. The trips away to Manchester United and Arsenal I look forward to forgetting - and I don't even mean the result, just the experience wasn't that great.

I enjoyed QPR and Fulham.

Brentford was ruined by train issues and Brighton was well a sh*t storm.

Happy enough though

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rate your season

by Hound » 20 Apr 2017 21:36

Yeh great season. Only seen us lose twice - at Arsenal and Brentford. Both of us those experiences were especially ruined by crappy trains.

I've really enjoyed the home games, even the games that folk on here have slated like Barnsley and Burton I enjoyed watching us evolve as a side

Highlights prob Preston where you could see the 'philosophy', Brighton - where we outplayed the best team in the division, Sheff Weds and Leeds - again where we outplayed decent sides

My kids have got into it which has allowed me to enjoy the games more, so a good 8.5 for the season for me

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2017 21:41

7/10

None of the travel, none of the ruined weekends, none of the cost, revitalised my passion and faith.
Vs
Not been to a game and only seen a few tv / streamed matches. Missed our best season in about 5 years

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Apr 2017 21:44

Ian Royal 7/10

None of the travel, none of the ruined weekends, none of the cost, revitalised my passion and faith.
Vs
Not been to a game and only seen a few tv / streamed matches. Missed our best season in about 5 years

Yeah but look on the bright side you're now an expert extended highlights analyst.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2017 21:46

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal 7/10

Vs

Yeah but look on the bright side you're now an expert extended highlights analyst.

I prefer to think of it as Key Events Executive.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Apr 2017 21:46

10 out of 10 for me. I expected relegation before a ball was kicked in the summer but this season has totally exceeded my expectations.

We are playing good football and it is a joy to watch even if the tempo is slow at times.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Apr 2017 21:48

Top Flight 10 out of 10 for me. I expected relegation before a ball was kicked in the summer but this season has totally exceeded my expectations.

We are playing good football and it is a joy to watch even if the tempo is slow at times.

Bobby likes this post

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Apr 2017 22:14

7/10

Have enjoyed watching Stam at work. It's been fascinating. But it's early days and if this is as good as it gets that would be disappointing.
The emergence of Liam Kelly has been up there with seeing Gylfi arrive.
When we click we look great, when we don't we are really quite poor
We have scored some cracking goals, we have conceded too many sloppy ones
Atmosphere has been disappointing.
Trips to Old Trafford and The Emirates were nice, but also a reminder that the Prem is not the be all and end all.

If we win at Wembley I'll up the score to 9.
I retired '10' after the 106 season. No season will ever equal that one.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Apr 2017 22:27

Hound Brentford... crappy trains.

Yeah same, 4-1 loss compounded by having to go home via Clapham Junction and Basingstoke :|

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Apr 2017 22:41

I got a £50 parking ticket that game. Booo.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 21 Apr 2017 07:15

I've done all the home games with the exception of Ipswich, Birmingham and Huddersfield.

Away:

Wolves 3/10
Brentford 4/10
Arsenal 4/10
Wigan 9/10
Fulham 2/10
Leeds 5/10
Bristol City 9/10
Man Utd 5/10
Birmingham 8/10
Ipswich 7/10
Brighton 4/10
Sheff Wed 9/10
Aston Villa 9/10

An average of 6/10. To be fair though, I look back at some of those brilliant wins so fondly, and fortunately we have bounced back to quickly after some of the dismal defeats.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 21 Apr 2017 07:44

I've not been to many games this season but have managed to get to maybe 4 home games and Brentford away. Seen the televised games . Hoping to make the playoffs if we get there. 3/10 due to my own lack of engagement. EDIT, also went to Arsenal away but sat in the home end.
Last edited by Winchester Royal on 21 Apr 2017 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

George_

by George_ » 21 Apr 2017 08:03

7/10

Aways

Cardiff (90th minute winner 8))
Brentford
QPR
Arsenal (Was really really boring)
Fulham (Great day out as always)
Bristol City (Just 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) )
United (See Arsenal)
Derby
Brighton (Terrible game, great night out after though)

Burton (Can't wait for this one)

2 wins from 9, but 2 last minute winners.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Apr 2017 08:23

genome

Yeah same, 4-1 loss compounded by having to go home via Clapham Junction and Basingstoke :|

+111

Turned up at the ground, had about 6 pints in the griffin and got into the ground to find they only serve soft drinks - absolutely does my nut in when they do this.

After, stood on a train platform with no trains at all. Jumped on a random train to Staines as that was vaguely in the right direction. Thankfully GF collected me.

Arsenal I kinda forgot about too - that was a terrible game and atmosphere in general I thought. Even the pubs around the ground are sh*t. The 1 hour wait in the line for the tube was miserable too.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 21 Apr 2017 08:35

Fully behind Jaap & his tactical philosophies. Although, I have really grown a dislike to our own fan base this season due to a number of reasons(lack of tactical understanding, impatience, ungratefulness). The players and Jaap seem to be fighting against people on the outside + our own fans, feel this has created a better togetherness actually within the squad. Us against them mentality.

Based in the midlands ( Derbyshire). Games attended:

Preston (H)
Derby (H)
Aston Villa (H)
Bristol City (H)
Barnsley (H)

Wolves (A)
Barnsley (A)
Rotherham (A)
Wigan (A)
Derby (A)
Birmingham (A)
Huddersfield (A)
Sheff Wed (A)
Aston Villa (A)

Will also be attending Forest & Burton away. So total, five at home, eleven away.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 21 Apr 2017 08:36

Also, watched all the TV games & a few games that were available on streams which was a pleasant surprise.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Apr 2017 08:44

Still a bit to go yet, but virgin victories at Villa, New York Stadium and Ewood Park have been credible
Just need one at the plastic Wembley.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Apr 2017 08:55

bobby1413
genome

+111

Turned up at the ground, had about 6 pints in the griffin and got into the ground to find they only serve soft drinks - absolutely does my nut in when they do this.

After, stood on a train platform with no trains at all. Jumped on a random train to Staines as that was vaguely in the right direction. Thankfully GF collected me.

Arsenal I kinda forgot about too - that was a terrible game and atmosphere in general I thought. Even the pubs around the ground are sh*t. The 1 hour wait in the line for the tube was miserable too.

I know this is way after the event and not much use now, but if SW trains does that again for Brentford, then get an uber up to Ealing Broadway. The journey home for me wasn't an issue, was the fact the two people I was going with couldn't get to the ground that pi$$ed me right off

I didn't expect much from the Arsenal game, but wanted to enjoy the experience of going to the Emirates - useless trains meant I had to rush the journey and got in just for kick off. Again, better to go to Finsbury park to get back and get the overground

The Informant

by The Informant » 21 Apr 2017 09:04

Winchester Royal I've not been to many games this season but have managed to get to maybe 4 home games and Brentford away. Seen the televised games . Hoping to make the playoffs if we get there. 3/10 due to my own lack of engagement.

Due to losing interest/style of play Winchey?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Apr 2017 09:06

Hound didn't expect much from the Arsenal game, but wanted to enjoy the experience of going to the Emirates - useless trains meant I had to rush the journey and got in just for kick off. Again, better to go to Finsbury park to get back and get the overground

Ah I forgot about that too.

As I left home about 3pm I checked Twitter and saw that all east bound trains had stopped due to a jumper.

I was considering going Bracknell->Reading rather than direct to Waterloo.

Instead I went direct to Waterloo. Train absolutely rammed. It was desperate times and I literally pushed onto the train and drank my beers while crushed against about 20 other Reading fans doing the same