Rate your season

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rate your season

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Apr 2017 09:28

I've only been to one away game this season and we lost 3-0, at Preston. So that wasn't ideal. Home games have been quite good though. I didn't go to the QPR game so bonus point for that. 8/10.

boycey

by boycey » 21 Apr 2017 09:29

10/10
Fulham away
Leeds at home

cant remember much about either
some serious jostling and pre match shant

waiting for wembley

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 21 Apr 2017 09:54

I prefer the away games and been to about a few.
Fulham, Brighton and Huge Albion, Brentford, Manure, Arsenal and QPR were a good days out ruined by the football.

Villa and Bristol City were good days out, good atmosphere, coupled with good wins.

The rest were pretty Meh!

Looking forward to Florist and Burton and (fingers crossed) the play offs.

My one disappointment was Newcastle away being midweek. We were looking at a weekend in Geordie land incorporating the game.
Due to work commitments couldn't go to this. :cry:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Apr 2017 15:41

Home season - 8.5/10 - really encouraging to see a new style of football being played and how it has evolved over the season.

Low point - QPR at home, but other than that, our home record is superb and that was top of my list of things which needed improvement from the last couple of seasons.

High point(s) - seeing a penalty shootout for the first time in yonks and winning it, Sheffield Wednesday & Leeds were very pleasing wins in particular.

Away season - 3.5/10 - really bad away games for me this season. Not picked well. Brentford, Arsenal, Fulham, Man Utd & Brigton. An aggregate score of 18-1. Also streamed the Preston game :cry:

Low point - Only seeing one Reading goal, and that was a pen!

High point - Brentford and Fulham pre-match was a laugh.

Average it out and it becomes 6/10 which is a bit harsh seeing as we sit 3rd in the league, just picked some bad away games!

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 21 Apr 2017 17:14

8/10 at home. Expected so much worse this season than we've got, especially at home, where we have totally dominated. Genuinely have been going and actually looking forward and being excited to watch us play at home.

6.5/10 away from home. Saw Brentford, Arsenal, QPR, Fulham. Terrible few games before Xmas really. Nothing exciting particularly and we didn't play that well in any of them. However, since Xmas, have seen us draw at Ipswich, and win at Wednesday and Villa, the two wins making it more than worthwhile. Doing Forest as well and then the semi final. Only the two new grounds though that is disappointing. Would have been nice to get to Huddersfield or Preston and tick them off. Sad to have missed Bristol this year as well.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 21 Apr 2017 17:17

8/10

Only managed to get across the pond twice for games - Preston and Leeds - but very impressed with both team performances. We were superb against Leeds. Stam has done an amazing job to get us where we are. Keeping my powder dry for a third trip and back to Wembley and finally - finally - breaking my 100% record of witnessing play-off final defeats.

Other highlights: seeing the exciting development of Liam Kelly. The lad is a real talent. On a personal level, being asked to accept the Hall of Fame award on behalf of Ted Drake at the 2017 induction event was a huge honour.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Apr 2017 17:31

Only managed 7 games this season

Birmingham (H) 0-0
Brentford (A) 4-1
Fulham (A) 5-0
Norwich (H) 3-1
Brentford (H) 3-2
Newcastle (H) 0-0
Aston Villa (A) 1-3

Shocking start but a solid second half of the season. 6.5/10 I'd say

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Apr 2017 18:00

Strange one this season. For reason or another missed too many home games, however when I did go it was good to see jnr leon II getting into it.

The style is growing on me but the farting around at the back still scares me.

Looking forward to (hoping for) the Bree Louise for the Hob Nob meat up before the PO final.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Apr 2017 18:08

Did you go to Fulham away? That must have killed you

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Apr 2017 18:09

20 away games in all competition.

Highlight: Wednesday away narrowly beating Bristol City game.

Lowlight: Wolves away or Norwich game.

9/10.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Apr 2017 18:12

9/10 for me. My eldest has properly got into football this season and has actually wanted to come along to games this year. I was really annoyed with Stam being given the job and expected us to be 24th all season. I was so totally wrong. This season has been a revelation. I love the football we play and the unpredictable nature of our results!!
Been to
(H) Burton
(A) Barnsley
Rotherham
Fulham (no Kits Jnr)
Man U (No Kits Jnr)
Derby (Kits Jnr only loss in 10 RFC games)
Huddersfield (No Kits Jnr...sure you are seeing the pattern)
Sheff Wed
and off to Forest at the weekend (Kits Jnr is coming, so you can all relax :wink: )

I really enjoyed Barnsley because we played so well with 10 men, after GMac's res mist!! Nevertheless, Sheff Wed was the best performance of those (so far), with Fulham being the worst by miles! Man U wasn't too bad and at least with both Derby and Huddersfield we played well. Fulham however, was all manner of horrors!

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 21 Apr 2017 18:18

bobby1413
Hound didn't expect much from the Arsenal game, but wanted to enjoy the experience of going to the Emirates - useless trains meant I had to rush the journey and got in just for kick off. Again, better to go to Finsbury park to get back and get the overground

Ah I forgot about that too.

As I left home about 3pm I checked Twitter and saw that all east bound trains had stopped due to a jumper.

I was considering going Bracknell->Reading rather than direct to Waterloo.

Instead I went direct to Waterloo. Train absolutely rammed. It was desperate times and I literally pushed onto the train and drank my beers while crushed against about 20 other Reading fans doing the same

Jesus that's just horrendous.
Are you ok ? :wink:

I boast the single worst away record of all I suspect.
Lost AFC pre season
Lost Cardiff
Lost wolves
Lost Brentford
Lost Arsenal
Draw QPR
Lost Wigan
Lost Fulham
Lost derby
Drew Ipswich
Lost Preston
Lost Norwich
Haven't seen us win away all year :oops:

Did I mention I'm going to Nottingham tommorow :roll:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Apr 2017 18:33

Emeraldroyal
bobby1413
Hound didn't expect much from the Arsenal game, but wanted to enjoy the experience of going to the Emirates - useless trains meant I had to rush the journey and got in just for kick off. Again, better to go to Finsbury park to get back and get the overground

As I left home about 3pm I checked Twitter and saw that all east bound trains had stopped due to a jumper.

Instead I went direct to Waterloo. Train absolutely rammed. It was desperate times and I literally pushed onto the train and drank my beers while crushed against about 20 other Reading fans doing the same

Lost AFC pre season
Lost Cardiff
Lost wolves
Lost Brentford
Lost Arsenal
Draw QPR
Lost Wigan
Lost Fulham
Lost derby
Drew Ipswich
Lost Preston
Lost Norwich

I haven't seen us win away since we beat Forest 4-3 in 2011.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Apr 2017 18:38

Emeraldroyal
bobby1413

Lost AFC pre season
Lost Cardiff
Lost wolves
Lost Brentford
Lost Arsenal
Draw QPR
Lost Wigan
Lost Fulham
Lost derby
Drew Ipswich
Lost Preston
Lost Norwich

Fcuk off you jinxy Irish pcunt :wink:

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Apr 2017 18:45

Emeraldroyal
bobby1413

Lost AFC pre season
Lost Cardiff
Lost wolves
Lost Brentford
Lost Arsenal
Draw QPR
Lost Wigan
Lost Fulham
Lost derby
Drew Ipswich
Lost Preston
Lost Norwich

Maybe Kits Jnr's good fortune will cancel out your bad luck.......Don't mention you were both at Derby......

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 21 Apr 2017 22:38

Emeraldroyal
bobby1413

Lost AFC pre season
Lost Cardiff
Lost wolves
Lost Brentford
Lost Arsenal
Draw QPR
Lost Wigan
Lost Fulham
Lost derby
Drew Ipswich
Lost Preston
Lost Norwich

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but we didn't lose to Cardiff or Wigan :?:

Heavy Plob

by Heavy Plob » 21 Apr 2017 23:01

It's only the one game for me.

At home to Norwich. We won. Callum Harriott absolutely pied one in from the bottom left into the top left to make a goal that just blew my mind. Not seen one like that before. Least of all when we're already 2-1 up and that was the icing on the cake.

It's been a good season because my dad's American mate saw that, and then we stayed in the playoff race until now, which he has also ended up following.

Pretty good.

HP

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Apr 2017 23:16

genome Did you go to Fulham away? That must have killed you

Fcuk no. Did it the season when Blackman air kicked through on goal at 89 mins or so and the cnuts went up the other end and scored.

Turned up on the day and to get into the home family stand paid for an adult, a 6 year old and a 9 year old 80 (eighty) pounds to watch football through a letter box.

And then had to sit with utter cnuts.

Cnuts.cnuts cnuts

Heavy Plob

by Heavy Plob » 21 Apr 2017 23:58

leon
genome Did you go to Fulham away? That must have killed you

Fcuk no. Did it the season when Blackman air kicked through on goal at 89 mins or so and the cnuts went up the other end and scored.

Turned up on the day and to get into the home family stand paid for an adult, a 6 year old and a 9 year old 80 (eighty) pounds to watch football through a letter box.

And then had to sit with utter cnuts.

Cnuts.cnuts cnuts

Solid 6/10, then?

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 22 Apr 2017 01:02

Least amount of games since 1968. No away games this year. Feeling my age unfortunately. 10/10 for the team, 4/10 for me.