BFTG Fulham

genome
Hob Nob Legend

BFTG Fulham

by genome » 13 May 2017 19:38

Well, that was bloody nervy, but all round decent performance I think, and good result to take back home.

Al-Habsi 5 - Nothing to do really, aside from the goal which he should've done better on.
Gunter 7 - Really good game. Even blocked some crosses :shock:
Moore 7 - Some super blocks, kept Martin completely silent
Blackett 7 - Solid, didn't allow himself to be rinsed for pace despite that being an obvious weakness. Good game.
McShane 4 - Stupid boy. Decent game before an absolutely horrendous tackle and deserved red card.
Obita 9 - Brilliant. Had Aluko (?) in his pocket for most of the game. Great goal. Hope he's not injured too badly. MOTM
Williams 7 - Everywhere. Put in some really good tackles, gave the ball away a bit though.
Evans 6 - Can't remember much from him.
Swift 6 - Some nice ideas but a bit too sloppy. Right decision to take him off.
Grabban 6 - Got a bit unlucky with the break of the ball in the first half, but was guilty of taking risks in dodgy areas.
Kermorgant 7 - Won pretty much every header. Unlucky with his effort. Slim pickings otherwise.

Mendes N/A - Felt for him getting taken off, but the right decision to shore up.
Ilori 6 - Not a huge amount of time to make an impression but he made one important block. Looked good.
Van Den Berg 6 - Same with Ilori.

I need a lie down. :lol:

pwb

Re: BFTG Fulham

by pwb » 13 May 2017 19:48

Totally agree with you.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 May 2017 19:53

This tie is far from over... next!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 May 2017 19:55

Yes, Obita excellent, MOM undoubtedly.
Seemed to me that the key to stopping Fulham is stopping their two full backs getting forward too much which we achieved very well.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 13 May 2017 20:22

Al-Habsi: 5- The commentators were calling Fulham's goal as his error? Honestly don't think he could've done much else to prevent that
Gunter: 7- Solid
McShane: 6- What a stupid challenge, defended well up until that point
Moore: 7- Solid
Blackett: 8- Stepped up big time. Was worried when I saw him in the lineup but he was terrific
Obita: 9- What a man. Will be a huge loss to have him out for Tuesday
Evans: 5- Some good tackles but generally too slow in decision making
Williams: 9- One of the best performances I've seen from him
Swift: 5- Didn't do much, not a lot of passing options for him
Grabban: 4- Looked off the pace. Didn't get much service either
Kermie: 6- Meh, didn't win as many aerial battles as he usually does but had some decent hold up play

The subs were all decent. Ilori looked comfortable in those last 10 minutes, will feel confident with him partnering Moore on Tuesday (assuming Blackett has to move out to the left). A draw is a great result for us, Stam's tactics worked a treat.

The ball is now in our court, and we have every chance of getting back to Wembley. BRING. IT. ON.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 13 May 2017 20:30

Williams Motm for me, everywhere, made some vital challenges. Obita ran him close though.

Didn't look a red live, looks like Macca didn't see him coming and was aiming to poke the ball away, but can see why it was given..

Great day out as always, bring on Tuesday.

Would love to find out what the stand up row in row P block p5 was about in the first half. Lots of angry faces and finger wagging.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 13 May 2017 20:33

alfie9 Al-Habsi: 5- The commentators were calling Fulham's goal as his error?

Looked to me that McShane got caught out of position, you'd want Ali to do better but not sure it was his fault.

biff

by biff » 13 May 2017 20:42

Great day out as per. Just about matched them, but we didn't exactly threaten. Looking forward to Tuesday, but it'll take a bit of luck to outscore them. Either way, supporting Reading delivers another interesting season. Thankyou Jaap.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 May 2017 20:51

jd82

Looked to me that McShane got caught out of position, you'd want Ali to do better but not sure it was his fault.
ultimately.......the GK is always at fault

( :roll: )

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 May 2017 21:18

AthleticoSpizz
jd82

ultimately.......the GK is always at fault

( :roll: )

Didn't realise live but replays suggest that he should've perhaps held the shot and if not should've pushed it wide rather than straight out in front. I suspect he will be disappointed with the way that goal was conceded.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 May 2017 21:57

Ahm... We proved a lot today. Obitas goal was beautiful. 1-1 draw will no doubt be a major disappointment to Fulham who i'm sure were expecting a big win. I trust in Stam to make sure we do ourselves proud at home. Lets keep it 2 home defeats for the season.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 13 May 2017 22:09

A cagey match, which perhaps was to be expected in hindsight. Truth is, both teams will be confident of winning on Tuesday, which sets it all up beautifully.

We could arguably be a bit disappointed to not have taken the win given we were ahead and it was a bit of a foul up for their goal. That said, they will be frustrated with the draw given we had one shot on target and we were down to 10 at the end.

A bit worrying with McShane suspended and Obita seemingly missing on Tuesday, but all in all I think we have to be positive.
Last edited by WAZZOCK on 13 May 2017 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 13 May 2017 22:09

Great atmosphere in the away end!

The game was more about containing them and hitting on the break, Obita took his goal well.

If we play the same formation on Tuesday I'd like to see Mendes in for Grabban.

McShane's challenge did look a little reckless and high live, however did seem to make an attempt at the ball, seen a yellow been given before but understand why he went. Quite why Swift was booked in the first half is beyond me.

Williams MOTM for me, was a little sloppy with passing at times but was everywhere and put in countless great challenges and really stopped them playing

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 13 May 2017 22:13

The Swift yellow was a ludicrous decision in my opinion, absolutely no common sense shown by the ref. He also bottled giving their player a yellow at the end when they pulled Yann back.

Seeing the red card live, I first thought the player was going down before contact and the reason that McShan went in like that was because her was dragged back. That said, it looks like it was the right call, one of the few correct decisions from that linesman today.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2017 22:17

It's beautifully set up for Tuesday night now. No team have the advantage. Fulham are rightly considered the favourites. The Fulham Football Club is an outstanding club and are expected to win otherwise they will have badly let down the residents of West London. Considering they are one of the big spenders in the Championship they are expected to go up and Jokanovic should be sacked if they fail. Reading have had an outstanding season, Stam has proven himself to be a great manager. He would have done well just keeping us up. There is no pressure on Reading. We are the underdogs. It will be an honour to go up against the best club in the Championship on Tuesday night. Hopefully we can pull off the unexpected result. I don't know how we will manage against Fulhams incredible away form.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 May 2017 22:21

Top Flight It's beautifully set up for Tuesday night now. No team have the advantage. Fulham are rightly considered the favourites. The Fulham Football Club is an outstanding club and are expected to win otherwise they will have badly let down the residents of West London. Considering they are one of the big spenders in the Championship they are expected to go up and Jokanovic should be sacked if they fail. Reading have had an outstanding season, Stam has proven himself to be a great manager. He would have done well just keeping us up. There is no pressure on Reading. We are the underdogs. It will be an honour to go up against the best club in the Championship on Tuesday night. Hopefully we can pull off the unexpected result. I don't know how we will manage against Fulhams incredible away form.

Get a grip u big woman. i suppose you had a sausage when we went in front?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 13 May 2017 22:23

Started in the putney end, switched to a spare seat in the away end for second half. A few thoughts/observations...

Immense: Williams
Good: Moore, Obita, Kermy, Blackett, Gunter, (Joey)
Par: McShane, Evans, Grabban
Poor: Al Habsi, Swift

Stam decided enough is enough with away performances and went with the 3 centre backs and told the team to break a neck to get us a result. To our fortune, Atwell was determined not to get card happy until he ran out of patience; Williams and Kermy could each have had a few yellow cards, but it was working, all over the pitch we were winning battles. Swift was unlucky to cop a yellow for timewasting, I'm just glad it wasn't Al Habsi who held on to the ball for at least 15 seconds at one point!

Obita' goal was well taken. Al Habsi should have dealt better with the initial shot.

The neutral end is amazing (great but weird), are Fulham the only team that allows it?! Great stadium, great stewards and staff, great ticket prices.

Stam is the real deal, but we knew that already.

I can see a very different set up at home with Beerens and McCleary returning in a 4-3-3.

Let's finish the job now, only 2 wins needed and we're back in the premier league.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 May 2017 22:26

How the f11ck can AAH be "poor"

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 13 May 2017 22:30

Pretty happy with the result given our recent history.

Was watching on Sky so have seen endless replays of McShane - a harsh red but can see why it might have been given. The way the ref ran over there was never any doubt it was going to be serious.

Thought the ref had a shocker - lots given against us, but lots by them ignored.

All to play for on Tuesday - I do feel we are Wembley bound ...

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 13 May 2017 22:38

AthleticoSpizz How the f11ck can AAH be "poor"

Because he had 2 saves to make and ballsed one up, because he kicked poorly - one was very lucky not to cause serious trouble.

I ask you, what did he do that was good?

He's one of our top 3-5 players this season... he's just shaky sometimes and I think he'll be disappointed with how he did today