Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by urz13 » 14 May 2017 02:40

Riedewald is a full Dutch international already so we wouldn't stand a chance. One player I'd love us to take a look at is Carlos Mane - I think he's on loan at Stuttgart from Sporting this season. Winger with lots of pace, scores goals and creates a lot too.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 May 2017 17:34

urz13 Riedewald is a full Dutch international already so we wouldn't stand a chance. One player I'd love us to take a look at is Carlos Mane - I think he's on loan at Stuttgart from Sporting this season. Winger with lots of pace, scores goals and creates a lot too.

Available for 4 million. He probably played a fair bit with Ilori back at Sporting so he might be convinced. Celtic are long term admirers and Stuttgart may well try make it permanent for that money for their return to the Bundesliga. I havent seen him play but I remember the name 2-3 years ago being linked with Chelski and United. Hes not bad on FM17...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 May 2017 09:48

I would like to see us sign Aguero, Messi and Ronaldo for next season, but it isn't going to happen. Change the thread to players you realistically think we can sign if they are interested in joining.

If we gain promotion, then chances are we would be in with a good chance of signing any player from the teams remaining in the Championship and possibly even one of two from the teams above us if they fall down the pecking order with new signings, plus any players relegated out of the premier league..... other than that, unless we have a sudden influx of spending money we can't realistically compete.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 May 2017 11:47

Forbury Lion I would like to see us sign Aguero, Messi and Ronaldo for next season, but it isn't going to happen. Change the thread to players you realistically think we can sign if they are interested in joining.

If we gain promotion, then chances are we would be in with a good chance of signing any player from the teams remaining in the Championship and possibly even one of two from the teams above us if they fall down the pecking order with new signings, plus any players relegated out of the premier league..... other than that, unless we have a sudden influx of spending money we can't realistically compete.

In the OP :roll:

In (relatively) realistic terms.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 May 2017 11:50

genome
Forbury Lion I would like to see us sign Aguero, Messi and Ronaldo for next season, but it isn't going to happen. Change the thread to players you realistically think we can sign if they are interested in joining.

In the OP :roll:

In (relatively) realistic terms.
we're on page 8, I'm not going to start reading on page 1.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 May 2017 13:03

Be adding insult to injury were we to succeed through the playoffs, and then nab players from the other PO contenders.

Scott Malone or Tom Cairney from Fulham maybe?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 May 2017 11:18

Who mentioned unrealistic signings in a serious tone.

Stanley

by Stanley » 17 May 2017 18:08

muirinho

Be adding insult to injury were we to succeed through the playoffs, and then nab players from the other PO contenders.

That would be funny.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 May 2017 12:34

Burgui is a player I have liked on FM for quite a while. His contract at Real Madrid is up and hes very likely to be relegated with the club hes on loan at this season. Hes a winger who looks very tidy and would be a great (unrealistic) transfer. Likely to go somewhere bigger and better but he would slot in nicely on the left.

In more unrealistic news Jorge Mere is going to get relegated along with him but he looks to be a bit of a big fish.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2017 22:56

My money's on Nikica Jelavic being a Reading player next season although I'm not saying he's a player I want us to sign.

Was ok at Everton and Hull but that was 3 years ago.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 May 2017 12:04

From Despair To Where? My money's on Nikica Jelavic being a Reading player next season although I'm not saying he's a player I want us to sign.

Was ok at Everton and Hull but that was 3 years ago.

plays in China, reportedly on £175,000 a week.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 May 2017 12:07

Plays in China for a team who have just been relegated and are owned by a brother and sister who have just bought a controlling share in a football club in England.

Smithy

by Smithy » 19 May 2017 12:16

From Despair To Where? Plays in China for a team who have just been relegated and are owned by a brother and sister who have just bought a controlling share in a football club in England.

what club is that !

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 May 2017 12:19

If we go up, I suspect a fair number of the Ajax side would be under consideration. Jaap obviously knows them well, and they would likely be happy enough to come to a lower end Prem club given the wages on offer

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 19 May 2017 12:25

Stanley
muirinho

That would be funny.

On reflection, don't want either of them!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 May 2017 12:33

I just think if we were prepared to go for a loan deal for Gyan then Jelavic is a more reasonable target for a loan deal if we don't up.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 20 May 2017 20:59

Luke Shaw. His price must have been driven down by 'the chosen one'.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 May 2017 23:38

Ake and Challobah

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 22 May 2017 16:16

5 of the starting Ajax line-up on Wednesday would be a good start.
They'd pick up our playing style quite quickly.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 02 Jun 2017 11:49

From Despair To Where? Plays in China for a team who have just been relegated and are owned by a brother and sister who have just bought a controlling share in a football club in England.

Its a very good call, think he would be great here.

Beijing Rehne actually went down to Chinese League 1 at the start of the 2016 season and are currently in 2nd place a third of the way through the 2017 season, Jelavic scored a goal every other game last season and is currently on loan to Guizhou Zhicheng, in the Chinese Super league, this season, scoring 6 from 8 starts.

741 posts