Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Huddersfield fan here

by Scutterbucketz » 30 May 2017 00:30

In 45 years before anyone says.

elrey

by elrey » 30 May 2017 03:22

tmesis I find myself curiously indifferent to how Huddersfield will do next season.

I'd perhaps rather they didn't establish themselves like Swansea though. Not through any kind of bitterness, but it's just that every time I see Swansea in the premier league, I feel like Jim Bowen is putting an arm around our shoulders and saying "lads...come and look at what you could have won"

But had we won, would we have been where Swansea are now? No. Why? Because Swansea had a set up to work, they used their brains a lot more. They set out to play a style of football and put in managers who wanted to play that style of football. We, on the other hand had Coppell and his kick and rushers, then put in a passing manager without giving him any players who could actually pass the ball, and wondered why we were in the relegation zone at Christmas.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 May 2017 08:17

This would be the passing manager who tapped up but failed to secure his primary transfer target, signed almost a whole team and then 3 months later complained to the board that he needed more money because he didn't have the right type of players?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 30 May 2017 08:31

I'd personally like to thank all the new friends I made from Huddersfield last night on the M1, whilst I was driving back up north........Thank you for the waves, the horn beeps and thumbs up......it made a tedious journey all the more 'enjoyable'......
Good luck next year, I really hope you stay up! You have a solid team and a really sensible/realistic fanbase....even if they are overkeen on car horns!!

Davezk

by Davezk » 30 May 2017 08:52

If we'd won they might have tried to ram you off t' road.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 May 2017 18:36

Scutterbucketz
tmesis I find myself curiously indifferent to how Huddersfield will do next season.

I'd perhaps rather they didn't establish themselves like Swansea though. Not through any kind of bitterness, but it's just that every time I see Swansea in the premier league, I feel like Jim Bowen is putting an arm around our shoulders and saying "lads...come and look at what you could have won"

If you're verging on indifference; why not wish someone well? It doesn't hurt.

I don't care where they finish, but having been there for the first time I hope they enjoy it.

I'm completely happy for them to enjoy it. It's just that as far as I'm concerned, it's over. I don't feel any rivalry or bond with them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 May 2017 18:54

Good luck to them. Decent club, decent fans, very good manager and some handy players

They've a ton of work to do this summer - obviously they were reliant on loans and players with very limited to division experience in any country. They'll need to make some very good signings quickly and integrate with the remainder of their squad

No reason if they do that they can't thrive - Leicester won the title with what were considered champ quality players - but they'll do well to stay up first year

To be honest would rather them than some of the joyless dross which seem to clog up that division year after year - ie Stoke, West Brom, Watford and Palace

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 May 2017 19:00

tbf Stoke are decent to watch at times.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 May 2017 19:35

elrey

But had we won, would we have been where Swansea are now? No. Why? Because Swansea had a set up to work, they used their brains a lot more. They set out to play a style of football and put in managers who wanted to play that style of football. We, on the other hand had Coppell and his kick and rushers, then put in a passing manager without giving him any players who could actually pass the ball, and wondered why we were in the relegation zone at Christmas.

'Coppell and his kick and rushers'??? :shock:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 30 May 2017 19:39

RoyalBlue
elrey

Direct football is defintely better to watch than what we have now. Arguably as effective, but definitely more action.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 May 2017 19:42

I'm sure HappyTerrier is a very happy terrier today.

One of the best things about the PO was that it was us or 'Uddersfield that would go up and not Leeds, SW or any other of the "big" clubs

I will be rooting for them next year and hope they stay up and establish themselves.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 30 May 2017 19:53

bobby1413 I'm sure HappyTerrier is a very happy terrier today.

One of the best things about the PO was that it was us or 'Uddersfield that would go up and not Leeds, SW or any other of the "big" clubs

I will be rooting for them next year and hope they stay up and establish themselves.

#teamtinpot 8)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 May 2017 21:10

Cureton's Volley
RoyalBlue
elrey

Direct football is defintely better to watch than what we have now. Arguably as effective, but definitely more action.

There was nothing kick and rush about Coppell's side.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 31 May 2017 07:38

Davezk If we'd won they might have tried to ram you off t' road.

:lol: :lol:

elrey

by elrey » 31 May 2017 09:23

Ian Royal
Cureton's Volley
RoyalBlue

There was nothing kick and rush about Coppell's side.

I was, of course, being rather sarcastic about it all, in order to make the point that I made.

The point still stands, if you hire a manager that isn't suited to your players, then you won't do well, unless you buy half a new team. And a team that sets out to play in one way, and has players who play like that throughout the team, youth team etc, and then you hire a manager, you'll probably do well.

Fnd_hudds

by Fnd_hudds » 31 May 2017 10:39

#teamtinpot :)

Thanks lads, it means a lot.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 31 May 2017 11:26

Fnd_hudds wrote:

All the best, mate. So what's the general feeling amongst your fans? BTW prepare yourself for that first game at home. Got to say that the atmosphere for our first ever game in the Prem, v 'Boro, was electric. They went 2-0 up in double quick time and started to taunt us with 'This is the Premier League'. By the time our third went in to confirm a 3-2 win, the place just erupted.

Fnd_hudds

by Fnd_hudds » 31 May 2017 13:30

The Cap
Fnd_hudds wrote:

All the best, mate. So what's the general feeling amongst your fans? BTW prepare yourself for that first game at home. Got to say that the atmosphere for our first ever game in the Prem, v 'Boro, was electric. They went 2-0 up in double quick time and started to taunt us with 'This is the Premier League'. By the time our third went in to confirm a 3-2 win, the place just erupted.

I don't want you to think I'm rubbing it in, so sorry if this comes across like that, but the feeling is indescribable. Surreal. We've just been floating around since that final penalty kick. Any and every other aspect of life just seems irrelevant at the moment. If you've seen the footage of Dean Hoyle during the penalty shootout, and the moments after then that's the most accurate depiction I've seen.

For us, this was bigger than a football match, or the premier league. Dean Hoyle saved us from the brink nearly a decade ago with the intention of running his hometown club the way that a hometown club should be run. And to use it to support and develop the local community through his charity "the town foundation" (Town players go and serve breakfast to local kids that can't otherwise afford, he cycled to the ground on Monday to raise money for kids that wouldn't be able to go otherwise, we do an annual bike ride to raise money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance which has so far raised millions, etc. etc.).. Getting to the premier league will be like putting turbo boosters on all of this.

That said, it's so oxf*rd hard though that it had to end like this. The general respect shown from you guys before and after the match will always be remembered by many a Town fan. And just when we thought we'd finished crying, this article emerges. http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... d-town-afc

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 31 May 2017 13:38

The Cap
Fnd_hudds wrote:

So what's the general feeling amongst your fans?

Abject misery and disappointment, I imagine.

Hefele'sDressingGown

by Hefele'sDressingGown » 31 May 2017 13:40

Just came on here to say commiserations & best of luck for next season. Yours is a class club with a class set of fans. A credit to your club.