Ins and Outs – 2017/18

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ins and Outs – 2017/18

by CountryRoyal » 02 Jun 2017 20:40

NewCorkSeth Anyone know whats happening to Llorente and Gomis?

Gomis is going to Gala and Swansea want to keep Llorente, but with his contract up next season don't want to lose him for nothing so may cash in. Sociedad interested amongst others.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jun 2017 21:03

CountryRoyal

Gomis is going to Gala and Swansea want to keep Llorente, but with his contract up next season don't want to lose him for nothing so may cash in. Sociedad interested amongst others.

Then they should probably look for a striker as a priority. Cant see how a (possibly) expensive move for Kelly will help them survive next season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Jun 2017 22:07

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

Then they should probably look for a striker as a priority. Cant see how a (possibly) expensive move for Kelly will help them survive next season.

Yeah maybe we should convince them to take Samuel instead.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jun 2017 22:25

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

Yeah maybe we should convince them to take Samuel instead.

Nick Hammond could have done it... Gotten 5 million while he was at it.

JIM

by JIM » 02 Jun 2017 22:50

Where is D, RAKELS ?

alfie9

by alfie9 » 03 Jun 2017 07:40

It's going to be a long summer. The two players I most want to stay have both already been linked with moves that I wouldn't begrudge them making. It hasn't even been a week...

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 03 Jun 2017 13:07

Chappers93 For me we need another LB - Mitchell Dijks who was on loan at Norwich from Ajax looked decent and surely has links to Stam and Brian T, still young too, think he wants to go there permanently though

Think we'll need another box to box midfielder to replace Williams as sadly can't see him staying, perhaps Joe Ledley on a free? Would add xperience

An attacking CM to help add goals, take the pressure off Swift and add a bit more creativity and more options in a long season (can't see Quinn being that player and Beerans/Popa are better off wide) perhaps the Watford player is who is lined up

And one possibly two strikers, would Grabban be one at the right price? He's ok at Champ level and Stam seems to like him, possibly a loan? Perhaps someone with a point to prove Sam Gallagher, Chupa Akpom?

Think sell Samuel, Cooper, Weiser, Denzel or loan as fringe players not needed or not an improvement on what we have

Think loan for Keown and Novackavic probably 1 or 2 other younger players for FL experience (Barrett, Dickie, Axel)

Interesting to see what happens if bids come in for Moore or Kelly hopefully we can keep them here for at least another year, also interested to see if Hurtado and Fosu gets another chance to impress or if we just gets sold or loaned again, would like to see Stacey involved more even as a squad player

Our biggest signing possible would obviously be Stam, hopefully it's on the priority of things to sort out and would help encourage players to both stay here and new players to come here too

Ledley could be a brilliant signing if Williams does go in terms of being a box to box midfielder. His recent Premier League experience is going to make him a good asset for us. If I had the choice between Ledley and Williams however, I would take Williams all day long. He brings a lot of energy to the side and he would be a big loss if he didn't sign a new contract. My feeling is that he will move on this summer, despite Brian Tevreden saying he will do everything to hang on to him.

I think if we do bring in that Watford player, we may even need more attacking midfielders if he doesn't quite live up to his potential yet. Having multiple creative options will solve the problem of us being static in midfield. This will make our style of play more exciting next season I hope. Who is available to buy who's a creative central midfielder?

I think Grabban would be a good player for us but he needs to be played in the correct position and with the right style of play. Does Grabban suit this style of play? I'm not so sure. Unless he's available for £1m or under, which I highly highly doubt, then I don't think we should buy him permanently. I don't think Grabban would want to go out on loan again. Novakovich could be a viable option for us this year after being in good goal scoring form for the U23s, although he may need a loan out to another side. Mendes hasn't really been given a lot of time to make an impact on the first team. He has scored a few goals for us when he has been given the chance so I expect to see him making more frequent appearances next season then he has done so far. However, I do agree that we will need to buy two strikers so we can be at the top end of the table again next season. What will be tricky is finding strikers who will suit the system perfectly.

Although I think we would be right to sell the likes of Cooper and Gravenberch, I do think we should give Wieser a chance to see what impression he can make on the first team. It's strange that he hasn't featured in a first team game for us yet. I would give Samuel one more year to prove himself, and if he doesn't improve, he can be offloaded to another club.

In terms of Keown, I would like to see him being given a chance to see if he can cope with the demands of playing in the Championship, He could be a good option for us to have in the future.

Moore and Kelly have quite long term contracts I believe so I doubt that they would be looking for a move in the summer. Hopefully they are not tempted by the Premier League and the big wages that comes with it. Also, I don't think Kelly is good enough to be in the Premier League just yet. I do think that Stacey, Fosu and Hurtado should be given a chance in the first team to see what they can do. Stam has already talked about Hurtado and he wants to have a look at the Peruvian. The club have also offered a new deal to Fosu so they obviously have him in the club's plans. Stacey is one who may not be loaned out again, he may just become a squad player.

I hope that Stam does sign a new contract as he is vital to the three year project that Tevreden has set out to get to the Premier League. I agree that he would be our biggest signing.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 03 Jun 2017 13:13

NewCorkSeth The Burnley/Liam Moore link has legs imo. With their best CB departing it was always likely they would look to the Championship to replace and I think we can all agree there are few CBs in the championship as worthy of investment as Moore. 24 y/o, proven quality, has repeated several time his need for first team football.
Burnley can offer all that to him with the added incentive of playing regularly in the Premier league. If we receive a high bid i expect the management will sell and I suspect Moore would be interested.

On the Liam Kelly thing I truly believe he would have to be nuts to want to go to Swansea. They are in for a hell of a desperate summer. They have the bones of a squad if they can hang on to Mawson, Ayew, Caroll and Gylfi (unlikely) and if Borja can find his scoring boots again. But they have nothing to offer Kelly but money.
If I were there id be looking at Williams as a cheap (free) replacement for Britton.
Anyone know whats happening to Llorente and Gomis?

I wouldn't let Moore go for any less than 10m, he's been one of the players of the season and his contract is also quite long so there would be no need to see him at all.

I can't see Swansea coughing up the £15m that Reading would probably want for him, especially on someone who hasn't got any Premier League experience yet either. I also believe that he's quite happy here at the moment.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 03 Jun 2017 13:16

alfie9 It's going to be a long summer. The two players I most want to stay have both already been linked with moves that I wouldn't begrudge them making. It hasn't even been a week...

I don't see many player apart from Danny Williams leaving in my opinion, maybe i'm wrong but I just can't see that many players wanting to leave this club now we have Stam.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 03 Jun 2017 13:16

alfie9 It's going to be a long summer. The two players I most want to stay have both already been linked with moves that I wouldn't begrudge them making. It hasn't even been a week...

I don't see many player apart from Danny Williams leaving in my opinion, maybe i'm wrong but I just can't see that many players wanting to leave this club now we have Stam.

FCReading1988

by FCReading1988 » 03 Jun 2017 14:27

For me I think we need a couple of full backs and a new striker as a priority.

If we're going to look to play with 3 at the back then we need wing backs who are capable of getting forward and supporting the attacks. The Playoff final was a good example as while solid enough defensively, Chris Gunter seemed to look to pass the ball backwards at every opportunity and Blackett offers very little going forward. Obita's a good option in this area but would like to see a new right back and a new left back as back up for Obita.

Think its pretty clear that we need a new striker with a bit of pace who can support Kermorgant. Unfortunately good striking options don't come cheap and not sure how much money will be available so it may be that we have to take a chance on someone from a lower league.

Think we're ok in the GK and CB positions. Same with CM but i expect Williams will go so we could do with a replacement if thats the case. We could maybe do with looking at the wing positions as McClearly has had his injury problems and still not fully convinced by Beerens as not sure if he quite offers enough in games.

I expect Ilori and Kelly to play key roles next season and if we can bring in 3 or 4 decent additions then no reason why we can't push on from this season and challenge for autos as the league should be quite open (no reason to fear the teams coming down!).

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 03 Jun 2017 18:24

FCReading1988 For me I think we need a couple of full backs and a new striker as a priority.

If we're going to look to play with 3 at the back then we need wing backs who are capable of getting forward and supporting the attacks. The Playoff final was a good example as while solid enough defensively, Chris Gunter seemed to look to pass the ball backwards at every opportunity and Blackett offers very little going forward. Obita's a good option in this area but would like to see a new right back and a new left back as back up for Obita.

Think its pretty clear that we need a new striker with a bit of pace who can support Kermorgant. Unfortunately good striking options don't come cheap and not sure how much money will be available so it may be that we have to take a chance on someone from a lower league.

Think we're ok in the GK and CB positions. Same with CM but i expect Williams will go so we could do with a replacement if thats the case. We could maybe do with looking at the wing positions as McClearly has had his injury problems and still not fully convinced by Beerens as not sure if he quite offers enough in games.

I expect Ilori and Kelly to play key roles next season and if we can bring in 3 or 4 decent additions then no reason why we can't push on from this season and challenge for autos as the league should be quite open (no reason to fear the teams coming down!).

You must be very new here. It is a pretty widely accepted view that Gunter is not a solid defender but is a competent wing back ( the latter element is less widely supported, of course). If we are to play a central 3 in defence then we do need 2 wing backs who can put pressure on opposition defences; a bit like we did against Fulham 2 weeks ago. Blackett is not one of one but he is certainly in the running for one of the CB slots, especially if we swap Moore for a large cheque.

I also expect Hurtado to have a role next season. His loan spell has shown what he can do and we ought to give him a good chance to show he can do it in this country too.

As to Beerens, he is a Marmite player. My view, for what it's worth, is that he is one of the few players we have who can get in behind a defence and upset them. A fit Beerens has the potential to create a lot for us and I think we could have used him to good effect on Monday.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 03 Jun 2017 19:51

West Stand Man
FCReading1988 For me I think we need a couple of full backs and a new striker as a priority.

You must be very new here. It is a pretty widely accepted view that Gunter is not a solid defender but is a competent wing back ( the latter element is less widely supported, of course). If we are to play a central 3 in defence then we do need 2 wing backs who can put pressure on opposition defences; a bit like we did against Fulham 2 weeks ago. Blackett is not one of one but he is certainly in the running for one of the CB slots, especially if we swap Moore for a large cheque.

I also expect Hurtado to have a role next season. His loan spell has shown what he can do and we ought to give him a good chance to show he can do it in this country too.

As to Beerens, he is a Marmite player. My view, for what it's worth, is that he is one of the few players we have who can get in behind a defence and upset them. A fit Beerens has the potential to create a lot for us and I think we could have used him to good effect on Monday.

Beerens may have alright an scoring record but he is a bit of a step over merchant let's be quite honest. I'm excited to see Hurtado but is he going to be lightweight just like Beerens is? I guess the Peruvian is 5 foot 10 inches so here's hoping that he can deal with the physicality of the Championship. Hurtado doesn't have the worst scoring record either so fingers crossed he can make a good impact on the team next season, either in the starting eleven or from the bench.

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 04 Jun 2017 15:21

RoyalJones
Chappers93 For me we need another LB - Mitchell Dijks who was on loan at Norwich from Ajax looked decent and surely has links to Stam and Brian T, still young too, think he wants to go there permanently though

Think we'll need another box to box midfielder to replace Williams as sadly can't see him staying, perhaps Joe Ledley on a free? Would add xperience

An attacking CM to help add goals, take the pressure off Swift and add a bit more creativity and more options in a long season (can't see Quinn being that player and Beerans/Popa are better off wide) perhaps the Watford player is who is lined up

And one possibly two strikers, would Grabban be one at the right price? He's ok at Champ level and Stam seems to like him, possibly a loan? Perhaps someone with a point to prove Sam Gallagher, Chupa Akpom?

Think sell Samuel, Cooper, Weiser, Denzel or loan as fringe players not needed or not an improvement on what we have

Think loan for Keown and Novackavic probably 1 or 2 other younger players for FL experience (Barrett, Dickie, Axel)

Interesting to see what happens if bids come in for Moore or Kelly hopefully we can keep them here for at least another year, also interested to see if Hurtado and Fosu gets another chance to impress or if we just gets sold or loaned again, would like to see Stacey involved more even as a squad player

Our biggest signing possible would obviously be Stam, hopefully it's on the priority of things to sort out and would help encourage players to both stay here and new players to come here too

Ledley could be a brilliant signing if Williams does go in terms of being a box to box midfielder. His recent Premier League experience is going to make him a good asset for us. If I had the choice between Ledley and Williams however, I would take Williams all day long. He brings a lot of energy to the side and he would be a big loss if he didn't sign a new contract. My feeling is that he will move on this summer, despite Brian Tevreden saying he will do everything to hang on to him.

I think if we do bring in that Watford player, we may even need more attacking midfielders if he doesn't quite live up to his potential yet. Having multiple creative options will solve the problem of us being static in midfield. This will make our style of play more exciting next season I hope. Who is available to buy who's a creative central midfielder?

I think Grabban would be a good player for us but he needs to be played in the correct position and with the right style of play. Does Grabban suit this style of play? I'm not so sure. Unless he's available for £1m or under, which I highly highly doubt, then I don't think we should buy him permanently. I don't think Grabban would want to go out on loan again. Novakovich could be a viable option for us this year after being in good goal scoring form for the U23s, although he may need a loan out to another side. Mendes hasn't really been given a lot of time to make an impact on the first team. He has scored a few goals for us when he has been given the chance so I expect to see him making more frequent appearances next season then he has done so far. However, I do agree that we will need to buy two strikers so we can be at the top end of the table again next season. What will be tricky is finding strikers who will suit the system perfectly.

Although I think we would be right to sell the likes of Cooper and Gravenberch, I do think we should give Wieser a chance to see what impression he can make on the first team. It's strange that he hasn't featured in a first team game for us yet. I would give Samuel one more year to prove himself, and if he doesn't improve, he can be offloaded to another club.

In terms of Keown, I would like to see him being given a chance to see if he can cope with the demands of playing in the Championship, He could be a good option for us to have in the future.

Moore and Kelly have quite long term contracts I believe so I doubt that they would be looking for a move in the summer. Hopefully they are not tempted by the Premier League and the big wages that comes with it. Also, I don't think Kelly is good enough to be in the Premier League just yet. I do think that Stacey, Fosu and Hurtado should be given a chance in the first team to see what they can do. Stam has already talked about Hurtado and he wants to have a look at the Peruvian. The club have also offered a new deal to Fosu so they obviously have him in the club's plans. Stacey is one who may not be loaned out again, he may just become a squad player.

I hope that Stam does sign a new contract as he is vital to the three year project that Tevreden has set out to get to the Premier League. I agree that he would be our biggest signing.

Would love Williams to stay just can't see it personally...

Never seen that Watford lad so can't comment, personally would like a more experienced first team ready player but not sure who is available or realistic

Think we could do worse than Grabban, I'm jot his biggest fan but at this level he can score and got four assists in his time here so does work well in this system, would like another striker too if possible and should only sign either at the right price

FCReading1988

by FCReading1988 » 04 Jun 2017 15:32

FCReading1988
The Playoff final was a good example as while solid enough defensively, Chris Gunter seemed to look to pass the ball backwards at every opportunity

West Stand Man
You must be very new here. It is a pretty widely accepted view that Gunter is not a solid defender but is a competent wing back ( the latter element is less widely supported, of course).

I would stress the word 'enough' from my original message. The point I was getting at is that he does an ok job defensively and does try to get forward on occasion but I wouldn't class him as an attacking full/wing back. You rarely see him bombing forward on taking on his opposing full back, often seeming tentative when receiving the ball further up the pitch. I think he can do an ample job in this role but personally I would like us to bring in another more attacking option to have if we are to play with 3 at the back. Look at Fredericks for Fulham for example who caused us all sorts of problems in the league games (admittedly without much on an end product). Obviously can't see him coming to us but would like to look at this type of player.

Tommio

by Tommio » 04 Jun 2017 16:25

Chappers93
RoyalJones

Never seen that Watford lad so can't comment, personally would like a more experienced first team ready player but not sure who is available or realistic

Think we could do worse than Grabban, I'm jot his biggest fan but at this level he can score and got four assists in his time here so does work well in this system, would like another striker too if possible and should only sign either at the right price

Which Watford player are we talking about

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 04 Jun 2017 16:33

Tommio
Chappers93
RoyalJones Ledley could be a brilliant signing if Williams does go in terms of being a box to box midfielder. His recent Premier League experience is going to make him a good asset for us. If I had the choice between Ledley and Williams however, I would take Williams all day long. He brings a lot of energy to the side and he would be a big loss if he didn't sign a new contract. My feeling is that he will move on this summer, despite Brian Tevreden saying he will do everything to hang on to him.

Which Watford player are we talking about

Dion Pereira, 18 year old midfielder

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jun 2017 20:31

Craig Tanner off to Motherwell on a 2 year deal

alfie9

by alfie9 » 05 Jun 2017 22:52

Hound Craig Tanner off to Motherwell on a 2 year deal

Genuinely surprised by this, I thought that when we didn't offer a deal it was because he was signing for Plymouth. Good luck to him.

The Informant

by The Informant » 08 Jun 2017 10:30

MILLWALL BID FOR COOPER

Millwall have made two bids for Reading centre-back Jake Cooper, the South London Press reports, after his successful loan spell with the Lions in the second half of last season.

“With Coops we have made two financial bids since the close season started,” said manager Neil Harris. “We are still in talks with Reading at the moment to try and secure Jake.

“He’s a player we highly admire and would like to get in but as with every young player with ability it is hard to prise him away from his current club. We’re very respectful of the fact he is Reading player."