Jaap Stam Rumours

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Jaap Stam Rumours

by Hound » 07 Jun 2017 12:00

The Ajax one does worry me actually. Depends whether he wants to hang around and try to get a PL job

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Jun 2017 12:01

I was confident Jaap would stay even if lure of bottom range premier league team came in but surely this Ajax news is bad news for us.

His mate van de Sarr as general manager, his already well respected connections, proven at a decent level and a recent poll of Ajax fans wanting him to me he is a goner which is a real shame.

The Informant

by The Informant » 07 Jun 2017 12:08

As boring as it's been, the Stam appointment has worked. I just hope that if he leaves, the board don't think the continental route is the only way to go now. It has failed more than it has succeeded in the Championship.

Pardew for me, or if we do go continental, a German.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Jun 2017 12:21

I'm in the belief that while Ajax may keep tabs on Stam's progress, I reckon they'd go for a more experienced manager right now, perhaps it's more hope than anything.

Also bet £20 with a Reading colleague today that Stam would still be Reading manager come the first game of the season, hopefully this will carry on my success over him after our £50 bet over the 106 record, he reckoned that Newcastle would beat it.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 07 Jun 2017 13:04

Stam would never move to Leeds or any other championship club.

Ajax or a mid table premier league team and I think he'd go

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 14:24

Would be a great move for him tbf. Ajax are a great club and I believe he would go in with a point to prove. Ajax also need to do a fair bit of work to reclaim the title next season so would be a good challenge. I wouldn't begrudge him that move.

Monk in please. (Or Bergkamp)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Jun 2017 17:24

NewCorkSeth Would be a great move for him tbf. Ajax are a great club and I believe he would go in with a point to prove. Ajax also need to do a fair bit of work to reclaim the title next season so would be a good challenge. I wouldn't begrudge him that move.

Yeah I could see if Stam left Monk would make sense with the way we play etc.

Isn't he going to Palace?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 17:40

leon
NewCorkSeth Would be a great move for him tbf. Ajax are a great club and I believe he would go in with a point to prove. Ajax also need to do a fair bit of work to reclaim the title next season so would be a good challenge. I wouldn't begrudge him that move.

Yeah I could see if Stam left Monk would make sense with the way we play etc.

Isn't he going to Palace?

Maybe. Can't see him succeeding there they are a disaster when it comes to managers.
They must have a similar record to Leeds in that regard.

If I'm honest with myself Stam is the most important person at the club right now so I hope he doesn't leave. We need stability right now and a managerial change after a season like that is unlikely to help us.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Jun 2017 17:45

Banging headache and a sh*t day. I then read about these rumours and it makes it all worse.

Surely a disaster to lose Stam.

The whole waiting for a replacement. The gamble on who we get. Limited time for new man to review team and sign people. Just more inconsistently and change we don't need.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 07 Jun 2017 17:48

The Informant wrote:
As boring as it's been, the Stam appointment has worked. I just hope that if he leaves, the board don't think the continental route is the only way to go now. It has failed more than it has succeeded in the Championship.

Pardew for me, or if we do go continental, a German.

Stranger things have happened. Mind you, did he ever kiss and make up with the Mad man? Then again, be interesting to see the Chinese way of thinking as well. It would seem that the Mad man's influence played a part in the 'life of Brian' returning, and then the Thais suddenly produced Stan. So it's anybody's guess as to who will turn up, if Stan suddenly decides to slip and proceed........

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Jun 2017 17:50

Bring back Brian McDermott

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 07 Jun 2017 18:08

Outside of the premier league Ajax would be of huge interest to both Jaap Stam and Andries Ulderink.

It’s being reported that RFC are currently in talks with Jaap to extend his contract and discuss future plans and ambitions of the club. http://sportwitness.co.uk/jaap-stams-future-decided-today-new-demands/

Knowing agents and their handywork, I’m hoping this is media talk driven by Jaap’s agent to secure the best possible deal with RFC in and around these talks (we can only hope).

I really do hope this is just agents/media talk because we need 1 maybe 2 more years with Jaap to push on whilst stabilising the club which will attract a decent successor for when Jaap inevitably moves on to bigger things.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Jun 2017 18:12

Believe JS is the right man to take us forward (which ultimately means promotion).

Ajax are a huge club and I wouldn't blame him for going. I just hope it's not true.

I wonder if Ajax are thinking "let's just give JS time to develop. He will probably go to PL at some point. We will go for a proven manager for now"

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 07 Jun 2017 18:18

Sadly just a matter of time, he's like a loveable Labrador, you know he's not going to last long

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Jun 2017 20:37

He's consistently reiterated his desire to manage at the highest level, which the dutch league is not. However, even ignoring the obvious links, Ajax is a huge club and success there will give him just as much exposure to come back and manage in the premier league.

Have to say I can see the appeal. That being said I'd be very disappointed if he were to jump ship now. I'm not talking about contract extensions but he's half way through a job and currently has achieved nothing tangible. I suspect (and hope) he will stay.

mumbo-jumbo

Re: West Stam United?

by mumbo-jumbo » 07 Jun 2017 22:28

Why on earth would he go to Leeds? Can't see him leaving for another championship Club. A lower Prem team or foreign team possibly, but not Leeds. It adds nothing to his CV to do that.

Tommio

Re: West Stam United?

by Tommio » 07 Jun 2017 22:49

mumbo-jumbo Why on earth would he go to Leeds? Can't see him leaving for another championship Club. A lower Prem team or foreign team possibly, but not Leeds. It adds nothing to his CV to do that.

I think you're forgetting that Leeds are the biggest club in the world :lol: :roll:

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Jun 2017 22:59

Exquisite. Such a creative rumour. So much thought has gone in to that article.

Ffs it's the daily mail people :lol:

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 07 Jun 2017 23:58

It's been mildly discussed in Dutch media but someone in the know doesn't think it's very likely he's being considered for job and the Ajax fans forum don't appear to want him either so..............

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Jun 2017 00:50

Would be shocked if he were offered it given he was overlooked last time. As u23 coach.

But if the competition this time is the u23 coach.....