by John Smith » 27 Jun 2017 14:43

Swans in with an official bid apparently

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by maffff » 27 Jun 2017 15:01

John Smith Swans in with an official bid apparently

500k, they want 2m.

Dodgy Ghanaian media saying we're willing to pay the full fee.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Jun 2017 16:27

maffff
John Smith Swans in with an official bid apparently

500k, they want 2m.

Dodgy Ghanaian media saying we're willing to pay the full fee.

Swans won't pay more than the 500k but willing to use Oliver McBurnie as a makeweight. Us and QPR in for the full amount.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jun 2017 17:53

Anything that decreases the likelihood of me watching Chris Gunter fanny about like a terrified lamb near the halfway line on a regular basis next season is good in my book.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jul 2017 08:38

Now looks to be going to huddersfield Town.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jul 2017 08:45

Sutekh Now looks to be going to huddersfield Town.

they seem intent on basing their squad on good championship players. Not sure its going to serve them that well to be honest.

Would have liked to see Yiadom come here, bit of a shame that

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jul 2017 11:06

Hound
Sutekh Now looks to be going to huddersfield Town.

they seem intent on basing their squad on good championship players. Not sure its going to serve them that well to be honest.

Would have liked to see Yiadom come here, bit of a shame that

Pretty much what we did in 12/13 and we all know how that turned out. Oh wait I forgot, we also signed "good" league one and league two players in Jan.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 04 Jul 2017 11:18

£10m on Aaron Mooy is a bit of a statement of intent.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jul 2017 11:23

I rate Wagner as a manager very highly, but barely any of the signings they have made have any prem experience at all.

Mooy is a good player, but again no Prem experience. The strikers they have signed likewise, may be good but haven't played in that league. Tom Ince is a complete head scratch - no idea why they would chuck 11million Derby's way for him.

Would like them to do well, but I think maybe they need a few more players familiar with the division

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 04 Jul 2017 12:03

Hound I rate Wagner as a manager very highly, but barely any of the signings they have made have any prem experience at all.

Mooy is a good player, but again no Prem experience. The strikers they have signed likewise, may be good but haven't played in that league. Tom Ince is a complete head scratch - no idea why they would chuck 11million Derby's way for him.

Would like them to do well, but I think maybe they need a few more players familiar with the division

And how many players had prem experience in our first season when we finished 8th?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jul 2017 12:06

Y21
Hound I rate Wagner as a manager very highly, but barely any of the signings they have made have any prem experience at all.

And how many players had prem experience in our first season when we finished 8th?

certainly not saying they will definitely fail, but its a risky approach I think. We were a far far stronger side when we first went up than they were last year as well

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 04 Jul 2017 12:12

Y21

That team had finished the season top with a record point haul.... Not nearly blowing a playoff spot and finishing 5th.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jul 2017 12:51

JamieY26
Y21

That team had finished the season top with a record point haul.... Not nearly blowing a playoff spot and finishing 5th.

With a minus goal difference.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Jul 2017 13:34

Our 2006 team was also built over a number of years and not reliant on 5 or 6 key loanees.

Much as I wish Huddersfield well, they are buying more of the same and there's no great leap forward in quality in their squad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2017 17:53

Y21

When did Huddersfield win the league at a canter with at least 3 of the tiers best players over the previous couple of years?

Tommio

by Tommio » 04 Jul 2017 18:03

Snowflake Royal
Y21

When did Huddersfield win the league at a canter with at least 3 of the tiers best players over the previous couple of years?

Which 3 players are you talking about? I'm assuming one is Mooy?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2017 18:11

Tommio
Snowflake Royal
Y21

Kitson, Sidwell and Shorey actually.

Tommio

by Tommio » 04 Jul 2017 18:18

Snowflake Royal
Tommio
Snowflake Royal When did Huddersfield win the league at a canter with at least 3 of the tiers best players over the previous couple of years?

Kitson, Sidwell and Shorey actually.

:lol: ah right, I read your post wrong

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 11 Jul 2017 22:03

@TalkReading
·
5m

Reading have had a bid rejected for Barnsley right-back Andy Yiadom, Paul Heckingbottom has confirmed. #readingfc

178 posts