CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Nelson Oliveira

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Jul 2017 12:08

genome
Norfolk Royal Well they've just sold Howson, probably their best player, to Leeds for 5-million.

Boro

Yes of course sorry, got mixed up as he used to play for Leeds. Think they were trying to buy him before Boro sneaked in as well.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Jul 2017 12:13

TBM If the fee is £8m then it's a no from me

That money could buy 3 decent championship players that we need more

You could buy 3 Norwoods for your 8mil

My point is, £8 mil on 3 decent championship players in today price/market = will maintain our Championship status just as the years before, and might even help us get to a playoff final for us to lose again, just as before.

We need to compete at the top end of the Championship transfer market. If this rumour is true then the Chinese are serious.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2017 12:39

We've a good solid first team squad. What we are lacking is a little bit extra up front - therefore I think 8 mill for this chap would be money well spent, and better than spreading it over 3 or 4 'good' players

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 Jul 2017 13:36

Mendes will be the main man this season. We don't need to spend 8 mil on someone who is just a championship striker (if he was any good he'd be going to the premier league)

The Informant

by The Informant » 08 Jul 2017 13:46

Maybe we should sign Diego Costa.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Jul 2017 13:53

I agree with TBM.

We've got a couple of strikers and we usually only play one at a time anyway. Samuel is there as back-up if things go tits up with both Mendez and Kermorgant, and the likes of McCleary and Harriott can step in if we hit full disaster mode. Maybe adding some more quality is a possibility, fair enough, noncomplaints, but not adding isn't a disaster, so blowing a full £8,000,000 (which is a staggering amount of money) on one Championship striker doesn't work for me, rather have a pacy left back, a tenacious midfielder and a solid goalkeeper.

Tommio

by Tommio » 08 Jul 2017 13:59

Can't understand why there are so many people complaining about adding some serious quality to our side.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Jul 2017 14:10

Royal Ginger I agree with TBM.

one Championship striker doesn't work for me, rather have a pacy left back, a tenacious midfielder and a solid goalkeeper.

How would you feel if we could have all of the above?

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 08 Jul 2017 14:11

On the bench for Norwich today. Not quite sure what to make of that, I was hoping he wouldn't be involved at all which would have lent some strength to this story :?:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Jul 2017 14:12

Tommio Can't understand why there are so many people complaining about adding some serious quality to our side.

Really? I think it's very clear that they are balking against the price. You see, the bits where they mention £8m and then suggest that they wouldn't want it to happen at that price are the bits where people are giving their reasons as to why they'd prefer that the club didn't pursue this. I hope this clears that misunderstanding up for you.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 Jul 2017 14:12

Tommio Can't understand why there are so many people complaining about adding some serious quality to our side.

We need serious quality in defence and midfield too though. If we spend £10m this summer on that too then I'll be happy.

Huddersfield had the smallest budget last season and ended up going up - so you can't say adding 3 decent championship players for £8m is a bad move.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Jul 2017 14:14

Oilroyal

one Championship striker doesn't work for me, rather have a pacy left back, a tenacious midfielder and a solid goalkeeper.

Great if it fits within a sound financial programme for the year. I however doubt that £8m plus substantial wages in addition to all the rest fits within a reasonable budget that sustains the club for years to come.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2017 14:29

The Informant Maybe we should sign Diego Costa.

This is getting embarrassing now

Still waiting....

Tommio

by Tommio » 08 Jul 2017 14:29

Royal Ginger

Really? I think it's very clear that they are balking against the price. You see, the bits where they mention £8m and then suggest that they wouldn't want it to happen at that price are the bits where people are giving their reasons as to why they'd prefer that the club didn't pursue this. I hope this clears that misunderstanding up for you.

Yeah but that's a load of bollocks. We're spending this money Bcos we can afford it. Its not like we're going to crippple ourselves by spending this. Stam and Brian have been given a budget, trust their judgement on how to spend it and stop complaining.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Jul 2017 14:31

Royal Ginger
Oilroyal

Great if it fits within a sound financial programme for the year. I however doubt that £8m plus substantial wages in addition to all the rest fits within a reasonable budget that sustains the club for years to come.

Would depend on getting promotion within 2 seasons to sustain this type of high value transfer stratagy.

If the bids for Darlow and Oliveira are true then you would estamate that Stam has a 15 to 20 million transfer kitty, plus an additional budget for new wages. GK = £5mil (inc add ons and terms over 2 yrs). ST = 8mil (inc add ons and terms over 2 yrs) . That still leaves between 2 to 7mil for other areas.

To take the squad to the next level it would take this sort of money, so for now I cant help thinking this is the plan.

Tommio

by Tommio » 08 Jul 2017 14:32

Oilroyal
Royal Ginger
Oilroyal

Would depend on getting promotion within 2 seasons to sustain this type of high value transfer stratagy.

If the bids for Darlow and Oliveira are true then you would estamate that Stam has a 15 to 20 million transfer kitty, plus an additional budget for new wages. GK = £5mil (inc add ons and terms over 2 yrs). ST = 8mil (inc add ons and terms over 2 yrs) . That still leaves between 2 to 7mil for other areas.

To take the squad to the next level it would take this sort of money, so for now I cant help thinking this is the plan.

Exactly, you've put this perfectly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2017 14:36

We've got a couple of strikers and we usually only play one at a time anyway. Samuel is there as back-up if things go tits up with both Mendez and Kermorgant, and the likes of McCleary and Harriott can step in if we hit full disaster mode. Maybe adding some more quality is a possibility, fair enough, noncomplaints, but not adding isn't a disaster, so blowing a full £8,000,000 (which is a staggering amount of money) on one Championship striker doesn't work for me, rather have a pacy left back, a tenacious midfielder and a solid goalkeeper.

Problem is a really good striker costs that now. Norwich fans really rate the lad. If it was Matej Vydra for that cost obv a no, but if this opportunity came up then I think we should do it

Be interesting to see what part he plays today from the bench

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Jul 2017 14:50

Oliveira a sub at the Lowestoft game this afternoon, same as Cooper playing at Hogwood today means very little. Both players are being linked with moves and both taking part in a training exercise via a friendly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2017 15:13

Oilroyal Oliveira a sub at the Lowestoft game this afternoon, same as Cooper playing at Hogwood today means very little. Both players are being linked with moves and both taking part in a training exercise via a friendly.

Fair point. Prob reading too much into it

The Informant

by The Informant » 08 Jul 2017 16:23

Hound
Oilroyal Oliveira a sub at the Lowestoft game this afternoon, same as Cooper playing at Hogwood today means very little. Both players are being linked with moves and both taking part in a training exercise via a friendly.

Fair point. Prob reading too much into it

Hound seems to have started showing interest in football no longer than 6 months ago. He is an awful poster.

725 posts