CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Nelson Oliveira

by Hound » 08 Jul 2017 16:40

The Informant
Hound
Oilroyal Oliveira a sub at the Lowestoft game this afternoon, same as Cooper playing at Hogwood today means very little. Both players are being linked with moves and both taking part in a training exercise via a friendly.

Fair point. Prob reading too much into it

Hound seems to have started showing interest in football no longer than 6 months ago. He is an awful poster.

At least I can put a sentence together. Wtf is that?

Still waiting btw...

The Informant

by The Informant » 08 Jul 2017 16:49

Mate just because you can't take being shown up as an awful poster it doesn't mean you should PM me telling me you're going to kill my parents and rape me.

Calm down son. :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2017 17:06

To be fair that almost made me smile. Almost....

So still a big zero on the interesting/amusing post count

At least you tried this time

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Jul 2017 17:11

Tommio
Royal Ginger
Tommio Can't understand why there are so many people complaining about adding some serious quality to our side.

Really? I think it's very clear that they are balking against the price. You see, the bits where they mention £8m and then suggest that they wouldn't want it to happen at that price are the bits where people are giving their reasons as to why they'd prefer that the club didn't pursue this. I hope this clears that misunderstanding up for you.

Yeah but that's a load of bollocks. We're spending this money Bcos we can afford it. Its not like we're going to crippple ourselves by spending this. Stam and Brian have been given a budget, trust their judgement on how to spend it and stop complaining.

Not going to trust the spending and 'stop complaining' because some internet nobody tells me to. lol. How do you know they're not rolling the die with the club's future? It may be that money has magically come out of no-where and has no longer term consequences, but it's much more likely that this sort of spending is born out of loans. I'd rather spend the next 10 years in the championship than risk is all on an AZ style disaster that has us drop leagues.

The Informant

by The Informant » 08 Jul 2017 17:27

Royal Ginger
Tommio
Royal Ginger Really? I think it's very clear that they are balking against the price. You see, the bits where they mention £8m and then suggest that they wouldn't want it to happen at that price are the bits where people are giving their reasons as to why they'd prefer that the club didn't pursue this. I hope this clears that misunderstanding up for you.

Yeah but that's a load of bollocks. We're spending this money Bcos we can afford it. Its not like we're going to crippple ourselves by spending this. Stam and Brian have been given a budget, trust their judgement on how to spend it and stop complaining.

Not going to trust the spending and 'stop complaining' because some internet nobody tells me to. lol. How do you know they're not rolling the die with the club's future? It may be that money has magically come out of no-where and has no longer term consequences, but it's much more likely that this sort of spending is born out of loans. I'd rather spend the next 10 years in the championship than risk is all on an AZ style disaster that has us drop leagues.

Oooooh Tommio you're an internet nobody :lol:

I bet you're really upset that you're not a huge net geek that works in a theatre and rates his manliness on how many posts he makes on HNA

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2017 17:39

Tommio
Royal Ginger
Tommio Can't understand why there are so many people complaining about adding some serious quality to our side.

Really? I think it's very clear that they are balking against the price. You see, the bits where they mention £8m and then suggest that they wouldn't want it to happen at that price are the bits where people are giving their reasons as to why they'd prefer that the club didn't pursue this. I hope this clears that misunderstanding up for you.

Our income has gone down drastically not up. Our owners may be able to throw money at us, but that just loads the club with debt and there is a limit to what they can pump in without breaching league rules.

There are literally dozens of examples of clubs throwing around money they don't have in a totally unsustainable fashion and it catching up with them in the end.

Plus the amount of money involved is pretty obscene on a moral level.

It's not very difficult to understand.

The Informant

by The Informant » 08 Jul 2017 17:43

Or maybe we have wealthy owners that can afford it.

Our fans are such small town spastics.

Tommio

by Tommio » 08 Jul 2017 17:54

Pretty sure the brother owner sold some land and recieved £300m cash or something like that. I think he can afford £10m to spend on a striker.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Jul 2017 18:19

None of us on here really know what the club will spend and can only take an educated guess given the players we've been “rumoured” to have made bids for.

and none of us want the club to over stretch finances but football is a billionaire’s game needing wealthy owners. The championship and lower leagues are littered with millionaire owners looking for new investment, as well as clubs paying the penalty of past over spending.
JM simply run out of financial steam and sold out to the wrong guy. AZ bluffed a poker hand with the club’s future finances, and the Thais although being able to steady the finances of a sinking ship, openly admitted that they couldn’t take the club any further.

We now have two new shareholders with a 75% majority stake. I doubt their investment strategy includes a plan to remain in the championship beyond the next two seasons. Why? Because spend big or not the championship can only generate a breakeven or modest profit at best. Promotion to the PL and planning to remain in PL is only vehicle to generate a return on investment. Some might say it’s a gamble with the clubs money, others might say it’s a business strategy to progress.

Personally, I would have thought their plan and transfer budget (including keeping Jaap) is for us to have a top 2 finish, or at the very least gain promotion by season 18/19 which will take considerable investment. But we will have to wait and see.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Jul 2017 18:51

Norwich's Tim Dellor:

@BobRutler 2h
Just spoke to Farke. He says he wants Nelson to stay but understands every player has their price.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Jul 2017 19:25

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2017 20:33

Tommio Pretty sure the brother owner sold some land and recieved £300m cash or something like that. I think he can afford £10m to spend on a striker.

Well done on spectacularly missing the point. They could have a £1 trillion and it wouldn't change the rules on how much can be pumped into the club, or that it would all be debt loaded on to us, not free money. People who buy football clubs expect some sort of benefit or return. They are not just looking to give away free money. And they are rarely around for the long haul these days.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 08 Jul 2017 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 08 Jul 2017 20:34

genome Norwich's Tim Dellor:

@BobRutler 2h
Just spoke to Farke. He says he wants Nelson to stay but understands every player has their price.

Sounds promising for us then.

It's a new experience having us spunk >£5 million on a single player, but it seems that's what needs to be done these days.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2017 21:12

Still very dubious on this one. I'm sure we've bid, but can't see it going through

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 08 Jul 2017 22:16

Like most transfers, the figure will have been inflated through the chin wagging and ultimately the press. There will be a generous sell on clause and maybe even a promotion payment due should we go up. Norwich need investment; if we have offered that structured kind of deal, Norwich need investment and the possibility of a chunk of cash next year, should he/we do well, will be inclined to sell.

MrSwickle

by MrSwickle » 08 Jul 2017 22:20

8 mil bid accepted by Norwich according to the Chronic online

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Jul 2017 22:30

royalp-we Like most transfers, the figure will have been inflated through the chin wagging and ultimately the press. There will be a generous sell on clause and maybe even a promotion payment due should we go up. Norwich need investment; if we have offered that structured kind of deal, Norwich need investment and the possibility of a chunk of cash next year, should he/we do well, will be inclined to sell.

this.. simples 8)

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 08 Jul 2017 22:43

Fits the system, reasonably young, reasonably proven at this level. Thumbs up from me :!:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Jul 2017 22:48

MrSwickle 8 mil bid accepted by Norwich according to the Chronic online

Chronic seem to think it's a matter of agreeing personal terms with the player. I can see this one happening but can’t bring myself to believe, not just yet.

One87One

by One87One » 08 Jul 2017 23:17

And supposedly leading the race for Darlow! :shock:

725 posts