CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

164 posts
Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Oilroyal » 14 Jul 2017 17:57

genome I mean the amount of Wolves fans on their Twitter saying they're gutted must count for something

Always nice to read positive fans comments about a player you've just signed. From what I've read he should fit in nicely with the rest of the group. By all accounts he played pretty much 2 years without a break. A full year playing in Germany then the Euros, then Wolves signed him last summer. Undoubtedly a good player and I'm sure he'll be well looked after with us so let hope he's now rested and Jaap's staff can bring out the best in him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Jul 2017 18:05

A few things their lot are saying;

Will be very sad to see him go, I can never sleight a player who gives 100% week in week out. Goals are what we need though, but I would like to see what he is truly capable of this season.

£3m?! He scored 3 goals in 36 games!! None in about 25!

We'll get a mil for him. Will be sad to see him to tbh, loved it when he came on as an impact sub an ran his balls off. Fans appreciate that kind of thing..... then again they also appreciate someone who can do **** all all game then stick the ball in the net!

Three goals in 42 appearances (including 20 bench appearances). Nuff said. However, as a person and a team player he's a great guy but I'm glad the clap has been pout to bed.

Would never fault Bod for character and effort. And he isn't a total clogger. Just never going to be the answer and I'm surprised that a team that finished way above us last season has signed him permanently.

Mendes and Kermorgant will be ahead of him in the pecking order but YK is getting on a bit now. I thik Samuels is going to Blackburn as well. Does kind of make sense for them, think their fans will have been hoping for a bit better though.

Shame but the right decision. After the first few games I thought we had a serious player on our hands. Sadly after that initial burst of awesomeness he gradually declined. All the Best Jon.

Best of luck to JDB wherever he goes. A shame he's a poor finisher as I think there's definitely a player there but it is what it is.

Good luck to him. There's a decent footballer there, but he'd be little more than a bit part for us this season I'd expect?

I think he could have been useful for us, especially with a good break behind him. He seems a pretty smart footballer, but as a striker, if you dont score enough goals, you are in a bit of trouble.

I will make a prediction that he will get a shed load of goals at Reading. The service he will get will be better than the dross/route 1 stuff that he was expected to feed off last year.

Does too much work outside the box to ever be a high goal scorer. If he links up with a goal machine then he is an asset, otherwise he is just a nice bloke that fans love because we can see how hard he works. He is the sort of forward who managers like when they come out with the defend from the front nonsense. Goal machines don't defend, they worry the **** out the opposite defence by being a presence and stop the opposition committing men forward.

He might do, but my guess is that he will score perhaps about 7 at most-I don't think Reading will do that well next season, in all honesty. The play off defeat will take some getting over and I think they might struggle.

Good luck to him, except against us. And, in fact, against everyone unless he scores when Reading lose. Can't stand Reading.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Jul 2017 18:06

^well I fcuked that up.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 14 Jul 2017 18:36

First with the news - Jon, Bod, Dadi, JDB will *not* be payed as a striker.

Here's here to play wide left or off the front man. Beerens looking shaky.

I also think we won't see much of GMac this season .... or Kermit.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Jul 2017 18:46

Dick Habbin's hairdo First with the news - Jon, Bod, Dadi, JDB will *not* be payed as a striker.

Here's here to play wide left or off the front man. Beerens looking shaky.

I also think we won't see much of GMac this season .... or Kermit.

Sign up the Swedish-Cuban chappie, also known as Samuel Armenteros, and I make you right. GMac, and Beernes both need to step up this year and both deliver week-in, week-out performances (just can’t see it personally) and Yann after recovering from his op will more than likely play off the bench in the last 20 or so minutes.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 14 Jul 2017 18:52

Hopefully we'll bring the best out of him

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jul 2017 18:56

Surely G-Mac would be the third of the 3 up front?

He was prob our best player last year before he got injured

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Jul 2017 19:03

Sounds like a good second striker
To play alongside kermorgant if we stay with the 352 from the end of last season

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Jul 2017 19:04

Anyone know how much he signed for?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Jul 2017 19:09

Hound Surely G-Mac would be the third of the 3 up front?

This will be contentious but which injury was that, this season, last season or the season before that when he played injured for Jamaica and came back to us f*cked for most of the season? Don’t get me wrong, on his day GMac can be almost unplayable, but we need players at top level week in, week out.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Jul 2017 19:10

This will be contentious but which injury was that, this season, last season or the season before that when he played injured for Jamaica and came back to us f*cked for most of the season? Don’t get me wrong, on his day GMac can be almost unplayable, but we need players at top level week in, week out.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Jul 2017 19:13

loyalroyal4life Anyone know how much he signed for?

Some reports quoting 1/2 a mil others that Wolves wanted to recoupe all or most of the 1Mil they spent on him. Somewhere in between I would guess so lets hope he turns into a bargin buy.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Jul 2017 19:17

Can we please, please not do the Icelandic clap?

Please?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 14 Jul 2017 19:28

So we send a player with a career scoring record of 73/185 out on loan for the season and spend c£1m on a player with a career scoring record of 44/259, including 3 in 48 last season. OK then :| From what I can gather he's a decent lad who gives 100% but I have to question is this the sort of signing we actually needed right now?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Jul 2017 19:32

Muskrat So we send a player with a career scoring record of 73/185 out on loan for the season and spend c£1m on a player with a career scoring record of 44/259, including 3 in 48 last season. OK then :| From what I can gather he's a decent lad who gives 100% but I have to question is this the sort of signing we actually needed right now?

Agreed. Rakels never got a chance for us

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jul 2017 19:45

I know the criticism is that he doesn't score many goals, but that's a criticism that you could have pointed at Kermie for his time at Reading in 2016, he scored 8 goals in a year, then banged them in for the second half of the season.

We seem to do well by hardworking strikers, just persist and we'll serve up enough good chances to get you to a decent 15 if we have any sort of successful season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jul 2017 20:07

Oilroyal

Don't necessarily disagree, and certainly he needs to try to get and stay fit

Have a bit of sympathy for him last season though when he played himself into the ground, got the abdomen injury and continued to play through it until he could barely walk off the pitch

As we now have options like Popa and Harriott, hopefully can keep him much fresher

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jul 2017 20:09

Rakels was getting a chance at the start of last season and Stam was picking him as first/second choice striker

That injury came at a bad time, and i don't think he ever got back to what he was. Not like he was banging them in for the u23s

I liked him and at his best he was a good option, so a shame how it ended

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 14 Jul 2017 20:34

Rakels got injured in the final pre-season didn't he?

Big shame - but none- of Wolves really performed last season - and if this guy was played out of position like people said, maybe it wasn't a fair chance

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jul 2017 20:36

Got injured in the league cup if I remember - he did start vs Preston first game as I remember him missing an absolute sitter

164 posts