CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: RUMOUR - Nelson Oliveira

by winchester_royal » 14 Jul 2017 13:27

Looks like we're missing out on this one to Wolves.

Unfortunate, but as he's a Jorge Mendes client we never really had a chance as long as they were interested.

The Informant

by The Informant » 14 Jul 2017 14:10

winchester_royal Looks like we're missing out on this one to Wolves.

Unfortunate, but as he's a Jorge Mendes client we never really had a chance as long as they were interested.

Injury prone, not prolific and Wolves will pay him silly money.

I will watch them fail from a distance.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Jul 2017 14:16

Alan Nixon on his twitter account thinks we're still in the frame for Oliveira, let's hope so but I'm sure BT and JS have other targets as well.

The Informant

by The Informant » 14 Jul 2017 14:22

Oilroyal Alan Nixon on his twitter account thinks we're still in the frame for Oliveira, let's hope so but I'm sure BT and JS have other targets as well.

Excellent signing.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Jul 2017 16:02

The Informant

Wouldnt put it past Mendes to use Wolves interest/connection to push a move along for his client.

But Rob Butler, BBC Norfolk journalist rubbished the rumour on his twitter "I understand from both #ncfc and Wolves that no discussions have taken place about any potential Oliveira transfer. Nothing in that one".

Would like to believe we're still in for this player.

The Informant

by The Informant » 15 Jul 2017 03:58

Thanks for probably the worst and most interesting post this website has ever seen.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Jul 2017 09:45

The Informant Thanks for probably the worst and most interesting post this website has ever seen.

Pot kettle

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Jul 2017 10:28

The Informant Thanks for probably the worst and most interesting post this website has ever seen.

What a put down .... Dave?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jul 2017 13:02

Oilroyal
The Informant

Wouldnt put it past Mendes to use Wolves interest/connection to push a move along for his client.

But Rob Butler, BBC Norfolk journalist rubbished the rumour on his twitter "I understand from both #ncfc and Wolves that no discussions have taken place about any potential Oliveira transfer. Nothing in that one".

Would like to believe we're still in for this player.

Alan Nixon STILL insists we are. But want good value on the deal.

Interest upped in Darlow too apparently.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Jul 2017 17:44

Newcastle have offered 12.5m for Jacob Murphy, I'm not so sure Norwich will be in any hurry to sell Oliveira now.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jul 2017 19:16

Indeed. :?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 18 Jul 2017 12:02

Oilroyal Newcastle have offered 12.5m for Jacob Murphy, I'm not so sure Norwich will be in any hurry to sell Oliveira now.

and we made an £300k bid for him only this time last year.

"Sky sources also understand that Norwich have rejected a bid in the region of £300,000 from Reading for Jacob Murphy". http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11709/10513403/norwich-city-make-16310m-bid-for-fulhams-ross-mccormack-sky-sources

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Jul 2017 12:12

Tbf he was on loan to a league one club at that time. Still a joke offer though. And we were probably bidding for his brother as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jul 2017 12:19

Norfolk Royal Tbf he was on loan to a league one club at that time. Still a joke offer though. And we were probably bidding for his brother as well.

is he any good Norfolk Royal? Only watched bits of him and thought he looked talented. 12.5 million though...based on pretty much one season

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Jul 2017 22:24

Hound
Norfolk Royal Tbf he was on loan to a league one club at that time. Still a joke offer though. And we were probably bidding for his brother as well.

is he any good Norfolk Royal? Only watched bits of him and thought he looked talented. 12.5 million though...based on pretty much one season

He's got potential to be very good. Whether this is right move for him only time will tell.His brother Josh is nearly as good.

One87One

by One87One » 19 Jul 2017 22:33

Managed to get some info on this today. We most certainly did bid £8m for Oliveira, although a chunk of this was in instalments (standard). Norwich accepted. Newcastle United then entered negotiations for Jacob Murphy who Norwich felt they could sell for more than £8m. They didn't need to sell both but wanted to sell one for big money, so they back-tracked and told us to up our offer to £10m. We declined, whilst Newcastle were told to also up their offer for JM which they ultimately did; and that would appear to be that! Having said that, they are in a bit of a mess and I'm told could still sell Oliveira, but our interest would appear to be over. Wolves seem keen and are stupid enough to pay over the odds if required.

If we want to take a positive from this it's that we were prepared to spend a significant sum on the lad.

For those that like to moan about a lack of ambition in the transfer market, we've spend around £8m since January (minus fees for the Oxford and Mutch loans) and we will bring in at least another two this summer.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jul 2017 01:19

Thanks for the info ^^

If it is to believed then its clear we're prepared to spend big, but more pertinently and perhaps encouragingly were not going to be held for ransom and won't pay over the odds (though some may suggest the initial figure was indeed too high).

I still think we will break our transfer record for a striker this window. Jon dadi, for all his supposed qualities and potential in linking up and playing his part in this team is never going to be a prolific goal scorer, and with Kermorgant out for the foreseeable future it's something we're desperately in need of.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 20 Jul 2017 07:18

As I said on another thread, we are close to agreeing or have already agreed a fee for a striker. Watch this space

The Informant

by The Informant » 20 Jul 2017 07:26

gazzer, loyal royal As I said on another thread, we are close to agreeing or have already agreed a fee for a striker. Watch this space

Do you know who it is? Impressed?

Please let it be Darren Huckerby

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jul 2017 08:01

The Informant
gazzer, loyal royal As I said on another thread, we are close to agreeing or have already agreed a fee for a striker. Watch this space

Do you know who it is? Impressed?

Please let it be Darren Huckerby

:D

725 posts